What's new

The TV we watch...

Ben

CF Legend
American Horror Story has continued to be the best thing on tele.

Why would you watch anything else?

peep

CF Legend
I binged through the first two seasons of Castle earlier this month and needed a new programme to become addicted to. So since last week I'm now half way through season 4 of Dexter. It's ridiculously awesome, so glad I waited till now to watch it though as some of the cliff-hangers would have just kept me too on edge. Yay for Netflix.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm still stuck in the middle of season 3. It's such a chore - I'm just not really interested. I want to watch it, but just don't like where it is right now.

I've started on Boardwalk Empire recently. First episode was magnificent, I'm not sure after the third episode where it's settling down into though... I do like it, so will keep on watching - mostly it's for the way they've realised 1920s seaside USA - brilliant!

peep

CF Legend
I watched the first two eps of boardwalk thinking I'll love it but there was something about it which just didn't interest me in the slightest and couldn't be bothered to continue.

The same could be said about Breaking Bad tbh. Although I'm watching that with the parents which means finding a time we can all watch it is like a painful chore. I hear it's a programme that does get better though. Hmm.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Boardwalk Empire is a slow burner. You can have full episodes with not much happening, but it's a great programme. It's the same with Breaking Bad; some episodes can drag on a bit, but it's brilliant.

Some stuff I've been enjoying recently, nothing that's particularly new:

Mad Men
Modern Family
Samantha Who
Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23
Two Broke Girls
Sons of Anarchy

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
gavin said:
It's the same with Breaking Bad; some episodes can drag on a bit, but it's brilliant.
Same with The Sopranos.

Funnily enough, woman from work has gave me the first two series of Breaking Bad this morning. I plan to start watching it over the weekend so I can see what all the hype is about.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Tried to watch Two Broke Girls but I didn't find it funny in the slightest. TV I've been gorging on lately includes:

True Blood
Fresh Meat
Rewatching Game of Thrones before the new season starts

marc

CF Legend
In the last two months I've seen all the following;

Big Bang
Csi
Criminal minds
Inbetweeners
Dracula
Revolution
Murder she wrote
Friends

There is a lot more lol.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Breaking bad is currently on Netflix so I must give it a watch, not sure if it'll be my cup of tea though.

One series I have been watching on Netflix is Lilyhammer. If you like mafia orientated TV shows and enjoyed The Sopranos then you'll love Lilyhammer, they even share a few of the same characters.

VooDoDe

Roller Poster
You know, I watch next to no TV. I'll watch Pawn Stars and Modern Family every now and then, but the only show I really follow is South Park. Or at least I used to follow it. I honestly haven't been watching any of the new season, and I don't know why. I think I'll get online and watch the episodes I missed tonight.

Also, My Little Pony. Yes, I know. See, I heard so much about the show that I decided to try it out about a month ago, and now I'm writing fan fiction and all that. The characters are just so good! And the animation. I've only seen about 15 episodes so far though. I'm working my way towards season 4 ATM.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
marc said:

I actually quite enjoyed Dracula, but I found that it couldn't seem to work out what the time period they were portraying was. It was a mix of the 1890's the original book was based on, early 1900's and even modern day suit cuts and stuff. It was so well realised and spot on at times that the anachronism really wound me up :lol:

Revolution

We suffer it Revolution rather than really enjoying it, but there's something about it keeps us watching. I think it's the vain hope that Charlie will finally get a well deserved bullet through her pouty, irritating face!

Murder she wrote

lol

Mysterious Sue said:
True Blood

Another one we seem to suffer rather than enjoy. I loved the first season, and the second was pretty good. Then it rapidly got sillier and sillier. Again, Sooky needs to die, so we're desperate for the finale where she finally cops it :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
furie said:
Revolution

We suffer it Revolution rather than really enjoying it, but there's something about it keeps us watching. I think it's the vain hope that Charlie will finally get a well deserved bullet through her pouty, irritating face!

I stare at the DVR every week thinking, do I really want to watch another awful episode of this show? Do I really want to hear Aaron whine for another hour? I suffer through it, hoping that a stray shot from a random musket will take her out and let the show progress and maybe become good.

That's another thing. Bikes no longer work? Scooters? Why do you have to walk or ride horses everywhere? Only **** muskets and single shot guns except for the bad guys? Why no trying to advance solar power? That wouldn't be effected. It is on NBC, that is their entire message, if you eat meat or throw something in the wrong trash can, YOU WILL DIE!!! There are so many flaws in the show...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
tomahawKSU said:
I stare at the DVR every week thinking, do I really want to watch another awful episode of this show? Do I really want to hear Aaron whine for another hour? I suffer through it, hoping that a stray shot from a random musket will take her out and let the show progress and maybe become good.
marc said:
Furie revolution is like lost for me. I watch it to see what happens rather than enjoy it lol.

Madame_furie was shocked when I told her that people agreed with us. We mentioned it at her folk's on Saturday (family get together, so lots of brothers, sisters and associated lurkers) and they were all aghast that we didn't love the show and weren't really impressed by Charlie. CoasterForce 1: Family 0 :)

tomahawKSU said:
That's another thing. Bikes no longer work? Scooters? Why do you have to walk or ride horses everywhere? Only **** muskets and single shot guns except for the bad guys? Why no trying to advance solar power? That wouldn't be effected. It is on NBC, that is their entire message, if you eat meat or throw something in the wrong trash can, YOU WILL DIE!!! There are so many flaws in the show...

I don't get the bikes thing, I'm with you on that one. You'd think that even with some impassable terrain/broken roads, mountain bikes would still be a decent mode of transport.

I think something that isn't really covered is how the "nanobots" are stopping stuff from working. They're literally blocking all electrical impulses... In machines. So solar wouldn't work because the power has to go down a wire somewhere and the nano tech is stopping that. The problem there is that we run on electrical impulses too - how is this tech so clever that it can distinguish between a nerve impulse and a low power wire?

Let's face it, it's because bollocks!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Half way through series 2 of Breaking Bad and I feel like I've lost my evenings to telly once again. I'm hooked.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm rewatching Buffy again, because it's the best TV show ever. Nearly at the end of the third season and Faith is being the best person ever <3 the only problem with this show is that she didn't stay for longer...

American Horror Story was amazing but I have the last three episodes to watch because I haven't had internet for ages.

Girls is fab as well <3

2 Broke Girls is fierce, Kat Dennings <3

Hannibal is back soon, yay! The first season was spectacular.

Downton Abbey is also my life. The Dowager Countess <333

I tend to just binge on comedies when they finish so come May it'll be Modern Family, Parks and Recreation and Big Bang Theory marathons <3

Breaking Bad is on my list one day.

Tele is the best <3

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Now on Series 4 of Breaking Bad. Ploughing through them so I can get my life back. It's fab.