What's new

The TV we watch...

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Come on then, who watched Luther?
Bad-ass telly, that is, proper bad-ass. Idris Elba is the f***ing man. I'm not gay or owt, but I would smash that guy til the cows had not only come home, but had showered, got changed and cooked a nine course haute cuisine dinner to boot.
Loofahhh!

#mancrush

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Come on then, who watched Luther?
Bad-ass telly, that is, proper bad-ass. Idris Elba is the f***ing man. I'm not gay or owt, but I would smash that guy til the cows had not only come home, but had showered, got changed and cooked a nine course haute cuisine dinner to boot.
Loofahhh!

#mancrush
Poet of our times.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I found Luther kinda boring and predictable police drama stuff with gore. Weirdo woman was clearly ****ed up from the start, oooo spooky LED lights and a halloween mask.. original *eye roll*. OMG a bomb tied to a good guy who got caught! omg I wonder if they will diffuse it JUST in time. I could go on.

It was just kinda cliche over cliche.

It's not really my kinda thing though I guess.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I found Luther kinda boring and predictable police drama stuff with gore. Weirdo woman was clearly :emoji_zipper_mouth:ed up from the start, oooo spooky LED lights and a halloween mask.. original *eye roll*. OMG a bomb tied to a good guy who got caught! omg I wonder if they will diffuse it JUST in time. I could go on.

It was just kinda cliche over cliche.

It's not really my kinda thing though I guess.

To be fair, it wasn't the best season of Loofah that there's been. But a weak season of Loofah is still head and shoulders above most other crime dramas out there.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Luther is one of the best police dramas out there, all shows are cliched because cliche is what tends to work. Cliche doesn't mean it's bad, I've seen plenty of shows that try and go all "outside the box" and flop dramatically. Broadchurch and Luther are the best UK crime dramas to come out of the last 10 years, for sure.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Luther is one of the best police dramas out there, all shows are cliched because cliche is what tends to work. Cliche doesn't mean it's bad, I've seen plenty of shows that try and go all "outside the box" and flop dramatically. Broadchurch and Luther are the best UK crime dramas to come out of the last 10 years, for sure.

Yeah I think I just don't like crime dramas.

peep

CF Legend
I love a good crime drama so finally go round to watching all of the Luther last week (series 4 was 2 eps, wtf?). It's ok, I found a lot of it to be a bit too unbelievable so only really watched it for the actual interesting villains.

Started watching the last season of A series of unfortunate events, first two eps have been great so far. Seen a lot of praise for the finale so look forward to watching the rest of it this week.

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
Broadchurch and Luther are the best UK crime dramas to come out of the last 10 years, for sure.
Partial list of UK crime dramas from the last ten years that are better than both Broadchurch and Luther...
Line of Duty
The Fall
The Missing
Informer
River
The Tunnel
No Offence
Happy Valley
Rellik
Thirteen
Red Riding
Collateral
London Spy

Sandman

Giga Poster
Partial list of UK crime dramas from the last ten years that are better than both Broadchurch and Luther...
Line of Duty
The Fall
The Missing
Informer
River
The Tunnel
No Offence
Happy Valley
Rellik
Thirteen
Red Riding
Collateral
London Spy

I have to disagree with most of that list really, but it is subjective of course.

peep

CF Legend
Finished A series of unfortunate events. I really liked this and great to see something that completes the story. Neil Patrick Harris was absolutely brilliant as Olaf, a little sad it's all over now though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Finished A series of unfortunate events. I really liked this and great to see something that completes the story. Neil Patrick Harris was absolutely brilliant as Olaf, a little sad it's all over now though.
NPH was excellent, but Lucy Punch as Esmé Squalor was perfection.

peep

CF Legend
Watched the new DC show Titans. I really liked it, I don't know a lot about these characters so it was quite refreshing. It was more gory than I was expecting - not a bad thing. A couple of bad things though, the CG Tiger is atrocious (TV budgets can only go so far but it was just weird) and I wasn't a massive fan of the final ep. Oh well, still looking forward to the next season.

Stumbled across Instant hotels on Netflix. It's an Australian reality TV show where people who have turned their homes into hotels (so AirBnB peeps) compete to see who has Australia's best "instant hotel". Apparently there's a similar UK show but I don't think it'd be quite as amazing as this. The casting team managed to find the most random collection of peeps ever and it gets so backstabby and the drama is better than any soap opera. I was addicted and was sad when I finished the 12th episode.

pvnks

Mega Poster
True Detective hath returned in its signature morbidly foreboding fashion.

If you, like me, held the first season in plentiful reverie yet bemoaned the second then fear not; it's back on form and I couldn't be any happier.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Caught up on Killing Eve a few weeks back. Jodie Comer portrays a fantastically warped hit woman and makes the show for me. Really looking forward to series 2 soon.
Currently watching Dirty John with Eric Bana on Netflix. Good show again with a manipulative warped character (I can see a theme here) but it’s infuriating to watch, like how can one person make so many mistakes (four failed marriages and now lodging all trust in this idiot!)

peep

CF Legend
^I added Dirty John to my list, haven't seen anyone else talk about it yet and I was intrigued to see it was based off a true story.

Watched a couple of things recently. Good News was a great comedy, thought it might be too cringe for my taste but I only had to skip a couple of scenes in season 2. Some great characters and very funny jokes, a little sad knowing there won't be any more. Also, why has Netflix added season one and two around the wrong way? Got to the end of season 2 and it started playing the pilot ep again. Silly Netflix.

Umbrella Academy - Loved this, although at first I didn't like a lot of the characters their individual story arcs are great and sometimes you never know where it'll go. The CG character Pogo is incredible, not suspried Weta were behind that. Overall I just enjoyed it so much I couldn't stop watching it, really hoping for a second season.

Gave the first ep of the Youtube original series Weird City a go, wasn't a fan. It felt like it was trying too hard to be quirky and things that were clearly meant to be funny just seemed stupid and out of place.

Ted Bundy tapes - I knew nothing about Ted Bundy apart from a movie with Zac Efron being in the works (which just happens to be made by the same director and filmed at the same time as the documentary). I found it very interesting and there were lots of crazy events, just had no idea what was going to happen next.

Started watching the documentary series on Netflix John Grisham's The Innocent Man. So far it's great and very interesting, I knew nothing about it beforehand, so intrigued to see what happens in the last few eps.

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ Dirty John is based on a true story but they do say they have added bits to dramatise it so not sure how much of it actually happened!

Ted Bundy tapes was mental, how they let him carry on that charade for so long was ridiculous. Especially leaving him unattended in the courts library when being on trial for such a serious crime.

peep

CF Legend
^The events after the library were nuts too, the whole thing is just ridiculous - but it makes for a brilliant documentary!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Good Place

I remember watching like the first episode when it came on, but it was a casualty of having too much to watch. Holy forking shirts I love this show. Wife and I binged all 3 seasons in about a week. Good fun.

Gotham

I've watched since the beginning, but if you, like many, stopped after season 1 or 2, do yourself a favor and pick it up. Season 3 is when it got better, but this season (5, and final) is just so good. Some stories are still meh, but overall, it's turned into a fantastic little universe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend
^I love Gotham, it's always been a tad awful but after a season or two it just embraced the corny side of things and got so good. I can't wait for UK Netflix to pick up the 5th season, sounds amazing.

Pear

Strata Poster
Good Place

I remember watching like the first episode when it came on, but it was a casualty of having too much to watch. Holy forking shirts I love this show. Wife and I binged all 3 seasons in about a week. Good fun.
Agree this show is great! I love all 3 seasons of it and can't wait for 4 to drop in the fall!

Anyways after about 2.5 years of waiting finally the second season to one of my favorite shows is dropping. It's a really good sci-fi and mystery drama show if any of you want to check it out. The ending to season 1 is a bit strange but should hopefully make sense after season 2!