What's new

The New Mondial Capriolo

Richie

Hyper Poster
A new twist has been made to the Mondial Capriolo's called a Capriolo 10.

Basically it's the same as any other Mondial Capriolo, but one thing is added. It also rotates... as if this ride wasn't intense enough!

Absolute madness! I would love to ride one of these.
This probably won't seem such a deal to people that haven't ever had the chance to ride one, but this ride is seriously the most intense ride I have ever been on and the thought of it getting even more crazy just blows my mind.

Some videos:

Offride:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRDmylN-pZ0&feature=related[/youtube]

Onride:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er8bcfeH_D8&feature=related[/youtube]

Rory

Mega Poster
I concur I have never ridden something as intense as a capriolo, worth a check out if one ever comes to your local fair..

Ollie

CF Legend
This doesn't look as fast of intense as the spin doctor rides you get. Looks fun but nothing amazing.

Richie

Hyper Poster
... LOL.

A booster I'm guessing you mean? It's leagues away from a booster, even though they do look similar. Since when do boosters go through the station upsidedown and also spin?

It's feels like a drop-tower, but landing upside-down at the bottom and then zooming back to the top again with a huge blur.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I'd love to go on that - as I've been on an older style Capriolo and it's one of the most intense rides I've been on. It would be interesting to compare them as well :D

Lofty

CF Legend
I have been dyeing to ride this ever since I saw a video of it on Youtube on the Xtreme Rides account. It looks absolutely fantastic. I've heard nothing but good things about Capriolo's. To be honest I'm a big fan of Mondial, some of their rides are actually pretty intense.

It looks awesome! Fairs have the most amazing flat rides, and this looks like no exception. The cycle lasts for quite a while too, I couldn't imagine how sick the people might have felt after :p . The on ride is insane as well.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, "SAW_gameover" is correct. The fan is solely there for the noise effect as it hurtles toward the ground. It's just ugly to me!

Tim

Roller Poster
Shame they sold one to an operator who has absolutely no intention to use the new feature to any worthwhile extent

Seriously, a few rigid rotations at the start and then doing the rest of the "unlocked" ride sequence facing forwards like the old model? What's the point?

Martyn B

CF Legend
marc said:
This is like the old Dive Bomber, the only ride that has ever made me throw up :(

Wow, Dive Bomber, now that takes me back. The only ride type I actually feared riding!

....So you are still alive then RiTchie? :lol:

sean

Mega Poster
I tried the Mondial Capriola at Hull Fair 2009 with Jack and it was the most intense ride I have ever been on. I thought my eyeballs were about to explode :--D
Needless to say, I haven't rode once since....Oh, and probably never will :lol:

I don't think the new spin will add a great deal to the ride. It's the dive bombing upside down through the station thats the party trick here!!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Whoa, this looks awesome! I've never seen this or an orignial model before, but I would love to.

Fantasy Island really needs a good ride like this. They get away with have fairground-esque rides, and they DESPERATELY need something that is as good as this looks.

Shame I missed my last Goose Fair! Maybe hit Hull Fair next year though if there's rides like this there?

sean

Mega Poster
^Unfortunately it wasn't at Hull Fair last year.

There were plenty of Miami's and KMG Afterburners though [yawn]

Lofty

CF Legend
The only one we used to have in the Uk was sold to a European Showman in around 2007 or so? We haven't got one touring the UK fairs at all..

We have a few members on here that know a lot more about the UK Fair Industry. I am sure they'll answer it better then I did but that's what I thought happened?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
sean said:
^Unfortunately it wasn't at Hull Fair last year.

There were plenty of Miami's and KMG Afterburners though [yawn]

Oh that's a right shame, for a moment I was thinking Hull Fair was actually good! Oh well, back to a simpler time.

Goose Fair here is always a dissapointed. It's big, yes, but you walk about a third of the way through it and it just replicates itself, the same rides are everywhere. All your common crap too. We need one of these bad boys.