What's new

The mega-lites or skyrush

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A taller, faster mega-lite with winged seats?

Yes please!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I haven't ridden Skyrush, but the answer is Skyrush.

For coasters of a comparable size, it's hard to beat the mega lites though.

I haven't been on the mega lites, and even though I've always thought they look amazing, I don't think they could compare to the sheer insanity of Skyrush. Skyrush just looks like a much better version of them.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I haven't been on the mega lites, and even though I've always thought they look amazing, I don't think they could compare to the sheer insanity of Skyrush. Skyrush just looks like a much better version of them.
Ok. But I've heard the mega-lites have sustained ejector compared to the quick pops of ejector on skyrush.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^ This
Skyrush has no quick pops of ejector, it's all sustained except the final bump into the brakes.

The megalites are great fun, Piraten is fab and It's totally re-rideable, but it isn't on the same level as Skyrush.

andrus

Giga Poster
Ayy Lmao said:
Ok. But I've heard the mega-lites have sustained ejector compared to the quick pops of ejector on skyrush.
It's the opposite: the mega-lites only have brief pops of ejector while Skyrush has some of the most prolonged ejector out there! Combine that with the sheer speed and power of Skyrush and you got a beast!! :--D <3

Mega-lites are fun too.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
andrus said:
Ayy Lmao said:
It's the opposite: the mega-lites only have brief pops of ejector while Skyrush has some of the most prolonged ejector out there! Combine that with the sheer speed and power of Skyrush and you got a beast!! :--D <3

Mega-lites are fun too.
Maybe you rode the mega lites on a bad day. I don't even know anymore, they're so many mixed opinions in the coaster enthusiast community.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
^Welcome to the Coaster Community.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk
Life cycle of a coaster by Wes
1. After months of rumors and speculation, the ride is announced. The ride is immediately hit with negative views because it didn't live up to the hype coasterboy2194210 had set when he heard from his friend's uncle that it was going to be a 900 foot prototype.
2. Complaints about: The name, the stats, the colors, the trains, and the station layout, sometimes all in the same post. This is based off a crudely done 3D video.
3. Random new threads pop up in the next few weeks, breaking the news of the brand new coaster, even though the original thread is probably still on the first page near the top.
4. People start complaining about the lack of construction, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.
5. Construction starts, people start complaining about the lack of construction updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another piece had been put up!!!
6. Criticism over the differences between the constructed portions versus the concept art begin. Page upon page of bitter feuding on whether the angle of descent was incorrect begins.
7. The construction is finished. People start complaining about the lack of testing, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.
8. Testing starts, people start complaining about the lack of testing updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another train has been cycled!!!
9. Someone rides the coaster and reports back. If the review is so-so to good, the person obviously caught it on a bad early run. If the review is glowing, the person obviously hasn't ridden many coasters.
10. The ride opens. The fanboys descend en masse, declaring the ride the best coaster to ever touch god's green earth. Wild claims are thrown out, like the coaster is able to cure cancer, and has ejector airtime even on the brake run and station.
11. A well-travelled, highly regarded TPR member finally rides it, and gives a good but not great review. Fanboys cry foul, saying the person rode it on an off-day.
12. Pages upon pages of comparison to every single amusement ride known to man ensue.
13. As more people ride, the reviews eventually settle into a particular area (bad, moderate, good, great, excellent) and people stop posting in the thread.
14. Meanwhile, dirt has been dug up somewhere else in the park...the cycle begins again.

QueenOfSkyrush

Roller Poster
I haven't ridden any Mega-Lites yet, although they are on my list.
But I already know what my answer is going to be, obviously Skyrush ;)