What's new

The Grammy's

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
For all you music fans here on Coasterforce the Grammy's are tonight what do you think about it? who do you think will win? leave a comment below

Ben

CF Legend
^Taping it? Do you work in the 90s?

I kinda hate the Grammys, they always go to **** artists <//3

Smithy

Strata Poster
Skrillex will win best dance song.

Or 'Levels' will win given you couldn't go two minutes without hearing it somewhere. Lul.

Smithy

Strata Poster
rofl **** hell, those silly americans really love them some skrillex dirty wub wub music

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I find it odd that songs like "We Are Young" or "Somebody That I Used to Know" which were released in 2011 are just now winning awards. Having never really paid much attention to the Grammys on a yearly basis, is this common? I always figured it was like the Oscars where they only honor movies what were released within the last calendar year.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Jack Whites performance was amazing. I was really surprised Mumford & Sons won album of the year I really thought The Black Keys would get it. I didn't know what to make of the ending performance because I like Chuck D and Tom Morello, LL Cool J is okay and I can't stand Travis Barker. I was happy with how they turned out overall. I was also surprised with Frank Oceans performance I can't stand him but his performance was pretty good.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
CoastingChris50 said:
Jack Whites performance was amazing.
QFT! As Nicole Kidman said after the camera panned to her: "That was awesome!"

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The Grammys are the music industry's equivalent of the film industry's Academy Awards.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Oh I know what they are, I was just being a sarcastic **** because of the unnecessary apostrophe in the title of this topic ;]

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
madjhjsp said:
I always figured it was like the Oscars where they only honor movies what were released within the last calendar year.

Don't you mean in the last month? Or better yet, not even on general release yet.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
nadroJ said:
Oh I know what they are, I was just being a sarcastic **** because of the unnecessary apostrophe in the title of this topic ;]
I thought you must know what they are & were being sarcastic, but then you never know for sure when it comes to American crap awards. :p

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Bull **** garbage music anyway. 3/4 of it is all autotune crap or dubstep bull ****. Anytime Rihanna is up for an award, someone deserves to be fired.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^Which is why as much as it may pain some, I'm glad artists like Mumford and Sons and Jack White get honored. Not necessarily the best but it's not auto-tune or dubstep.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
gavin said:
madjhjsp said:
I always figured it was like the Oscars where they only honor movies what were released within the last calendar year.

Don't you mean in the last month? Or better yet, not even on general release yet.

Touche.

Not exactly trying to build the Oscars up to be the pillar of accuracy when it comes to these types of awards ceremonies, but I still think it's odd that songs or albums which are in some cases nearly 2 years old are just now up for awards. Why have them every year then?

The whole thing's a farce, anyway. Gangnam Style wasn't even up for anything & it's clearly the most popular piece of music ever written. Youtube views don't lie. :roll: