What's new

The Games we play...

Jer

Strata Poster
furie said:
You and the rest of the world :lol:

Where is the last discount sign on Horizon??? Has anybody got all 100 without buying the treasure map? I've checked all the online maps and I've got every single one listed on them (checked three maps and they all match up to my map on the screen).

I'm wondering is there's a hidden one that only shows up when you get the treasure map. Likewise, it's not giving me the last barn find even though I've completed the rest of the game. I just need that last sign and the last barn - but can't get either. Shady as ****.

I found the last discount sign using a map on the internet. The last barn find also came to me while derping online with friends.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Jer said:
furie said:
You and the rest of the world :lol:

Where is the last discount sign on Horizon??? Has anybody got all 100 without buying the treasure map? I've checked all the online maps and I've got every single one listed on them (checked three maps and they all match up to my map on the screen).

I'm wondering is there's a hidden one that only shows up when you get the treasure map. Likewise, it's not giving me the last barn find even though I've completed the rest of the game. I just need that last sign and the last barn - but can't get either. Shady as ****.

I found the last discount sign using a map on the internet. The last barn find also came to me while derping online with friends.

Yeah, three maps checked, checked again and checked a final time and I can't find that last sign.

The last barn find I know where it is, but the barn door is closed. It's not given me the "rumour", so it's closed still :(

SoCalCoaster521

Roller Poster
So I'm huge into YouTube stuff, so when I found out Treyarch added Live Stream functionality for their League Games on Black Ops II, I was pretty excited. Now, I know that when doing live streams on YouTube, they generally have a option to record those streams from both YouTube and when Google + is integrated. When I did some BO2 live streams, they did not record. Is there something I'm missing here or can you just not record?

Pierre

Strata Poster
I actually love black ops 2. Maybe it's because MW3 was such a let down.

What I don't love is the 'season pass' is £33 at game for Xbox 360 version yet the PS version is on PS store for £42!!!! Not only do PS owners get delayed content they also have to pay nearly an extra tenner??? Come on activision, the introduction of 'elite' made it bad enough but this?

I'm kind of intrigued to see what the game of month for December PS+ is as they said its gunna be huge, I reckon it'll be uncharted 2, probably pushing it being number 3?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Didn't think I would like nintendoland bit its quite fun. 5 person competitive play gets tense.

Donkey Kong crash course is the best game but Mario chase is the beat multiplayer fame

If you want my nintendo network id pm me
Sent from my Wii U

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nobody in Europe or Japan has one yet Joey. I don't know what the sales are like in the US either and whether you'll find anybody or millions with them?

Pierre said:
I actually love black ops 2. Maybe it's because MW3 was such a let down.

What I don't love is the 'season pass' is £33 at game for Xbox 360 version yet the PS version is on PS store for £42!!!! Not only do PS owners get delayed content they also have to pay nearly an extra tenner??? Come on activision, the introduction of 'elite' made it bad enough but this?

They do sell significantly more units to the 360 than to the PS3, but you're talking 8 million over 5 million kind of thing. It's not like there's only half a dozen PS3 players. Activision (and EA) seem bent on extra high prices for the PS3. It could be an additional Sony charge, but nobody really knows. I do know that £60 for a download title like NFS:Most Wanted is a joke when you can buy it physically in a shop in town for under £40. Yet Sony software is all a few quid cheaper to download. It may be favouritism though to push Sony software - I just don't know?

Pierre said:
I'm kind of intrigued to see what the game of month for December PS+ is as they said its gunna be huge, I reckon it'll be uncharted 2, probably pushing it being number 3?

I keep trying Crysis 2, but I just can't get on with it, which is a shame. I'm actually really enjoying Uncharted: Golden Abyss on the Vita (that was a nice freebie), but I don't know if it'll last. I like the way it's got a lot more depths to the treasure hunting element and the touch screen stuff for advancing the story fits. However, it's massively flawed. The touch screen stuff for action (platforming, etc) is really poor, the "glinting hidden objects" glint in the same way as platforms to grab and weapons (same flaw as the other games), too much "cinematic" and not enough pacing and some very awkward platforming. The gun sights aren't quite accurate enough with the Vita analogue sticks either. It's also 3.5Gb, which is a huge chunk of a £30 16Gb card, or an entire £14 (or whatever) 4Gb card eaten up. Free Vita games is a great idea, but not supplying the console with memory is irksome.

Minor_Furie also loves Gravity Rush, like a slightly nicer Infamous he said. I'll finish Uncharted first, then Gravity Rush.

Remember Pierre, you can set the Vita games to download and get them on your "list", then if you ever get a Vita in the future and still have the PS+ service, you can then grab the games you may have missed.

Wouldn't be fussed about Uncharted 2 or 3 (I disliked 2 so never bothered with 3), but Minor_Furie loved the multiplayer on both of them so would appreciate them. I'm just waiting for free Wipeout on the Vita!

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ Didn't even think about that for the Vita, good shout furie :) as you say its the memory of the console that has prevented me from purchasing so far.

I wouldn't be impressed with an Uncharted game as I've had all three and took the time to get Platinum trophy so I wouldn't be interested but it would still be a huge title for PS+ subscribers.

Crysis 2, I'm the same, there's just a bit too much going on for what is essentially an FPS to be honest - it can be of interest to people though, when I was younger I used to love the original Deus Ex with all the Augmented Reality add-ons for your bloke but I don't see the necessity of over complicating things like that - maybe my brain is getting too old :lol:

Edit : also not sure if you are aware (you probably are) of vgchartz.com - provides a solid indication of hardware/software sales, weekly and totals by region too.

nealbie

CF Legend
LEGO Lord of the Rings is frikkin' amazing! I'm loving the new plot driven style they've gone for in an open world - makes a nice change (not that the tried and tested set scenario sequences are anything but brilliant).

Obviously it combines three things I love: games, LEGO and Lord of the Rings - so I'm bound to like it. Just didn't realise how much. It's also really intense for a LEGO game, which is, again, refreshing. But you'll all be pleased to know the childish humour is still there in abundance.

Probably game of the year for me. Rayman Origins and Arkham City don't really count although I only got them at Xmas - and they had Skyrim to fail to measure against xD.

9/10

Pierre

Strata Poster
PlayStation Plus December content:

5th December: Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
5th December: LIMBO (PS3)
5th December: Vanquish (PS3)
12th December: Big Sky Infinity (PS Vita and PS3)
19th December: Mortal Kombat (PS Vita)
21st December: Knytt Underground (PS Vita and PS3)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Meh, but so glad I traded in MK on the Vita that came free with the unit. It'll be a good game for free :lol:

Limbo not bothered with. Batman I found the original dull. Vanquish was great fun actually, but really tough.

I don't care, it's essentially free and I'll be playing Uncharted for weeks yet (1 week in and only 1/3rd of the way through it). No room on memory cards though :(

spicy

Giga Poster
Anyone going to get the Wii U?

I've got the day off, plus it's pay day so I'm considering going down to Game, trading in my 3DS which I never use and my old Wii and getting one.

Or if there are any good deals on today which anyone knows of please tell!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Game are doing some deals on the premium one (the £349 version which is the only version worth considering).

I'm not fussed. I love new tech and I love gaming gadgets, but I've been burned too many times by Nintendo. A few hours playing with the fancy new control system, few days of showing off to people, maybe a couple of week's worth of actual gaming, then gradually, over the months, it gets used less and less and gathers more and more dust until I just don't see the point in having it cluttering up the place (except that Maxi-Minor_Furie wants to play Pokemon and Animal Crossing).

I don't think it's a real issue, as I rarely get to play for long enough, but about 3 hours on a single charge for the pad is a bit naff too - especially if you're using it for web browsing or whatever. The whole 5Gb "must have" initial download also puts me off a lot. I suspect it's going to be the console most griped about ever - expect to hear from Watchdog :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The Wii U update of death only took me an hour... Not tooooo shabby (if a burden for being out of box when it shouldn't be really)...

Only played a wee bit of ZombiU so far, it looks bloody good and the atmosphere so far is decent, actual proper set in panic moment as well... It's definitely a survival game, and will be interesting to go into it further...

The gamepad is really light surprisingly, same for the pro controller dealie... Not had a proper chance to use that yet, but soon...

I reckon it won't do the same things as the original Wii, but it'll do nicely for Nintendo...

Lain

Giga Poster
You can currently get 90 days for Playstation Plus for £7.99, so I thought I'd indulge!

I am very impressed. :D

Lots of free games, automatic updates and cloud storage. It's wonderful!

I played a little bit of Crysis 2, and I like it very much. :)

spicy

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
The Wii U update of death only took me an hour... Not tooooo shabby (if a burden for being out of box when it shouldn't be really)...

Only played a wee bit of ZombiU so far, it looks bloody good and the atmosphere so far is decent, actual proper set in panic moment as well... It's definitely a survival game, and will be interesting to go into it further...

The gamepad is really light surprisingly, same for the pro controller dealie... Not had a proper chance to use that yet, but soon...

I reckon it won't do the same things as the original Wii, but it'll do nicely for Nintendo...

I'm still undecided, would you recommend it overall?

Once you played a bit more ZombiU please write a review. It's the only game that really appeals to me, Nintendoland looks like fun but just looks like a series of mini games to show off what the controller can do...

Also what package did you go for?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^Nintendoland is actually quite fantastic. 5 person multiplayer gets intense. Still I'd wait to get a system if you're undecided. Wait for the kinks to get worked out.