What's new

The Games we play...

Ben

CF Legend
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition is fantastic.

I thought the other day "my Wii has been sitting there since I found out Zelda sucks balls", which was about April. So, I thought "I really should play it more", and had to find a game.

Well, Resident Evil is a series I've always thought looks cool, but I've never played. So, I got it. Love it. It's so nice to get into a game properly again, I've not done it since I was like, 14. It's just, awesome. There's twists, turns, puzzles, violence, gore, swearing and manic Spaniards trying to kill you. Everything that is good in the World.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition is fantastic.

I thought the other day "my Wii has been sitting there since I found out Zelda sucks balls", which was about April. So, I thought "I really should play it more", and had to find a game.

Well, Resident Evil is a series I've always thought looks cool, but I've never played. So, I got it. Love it. It's so nice to get into a game properly again, I've not done it since I was like, 14. It's just, awesome. There's twists, turns, puzzles, violence, gore, swearing and manic Spaniards trying to kill you. Everything that is good in the World.

You should read my posts more Ben, I've been bigging up Resi 4 for months and months now. It's an awesome game. I don't know how much is the superb game design, or how much is the fantastic use of the Wii remote?

whatever it is, it's one of the best games I've played in years!!!

mrclam

Giga Poster
I played resi 4 to death on the cube.. so i'm not sure i can justify buying it again..

maybe if i see it cheap..

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
^Same, I just put my GC disk in the wii... amazing game though, I even went as far as to "aqquire" the soundtrack...

Also, I'm liking the look of the new RE game, even though I probably shouldn't. I think playing far too many FPS' has had an adverse effect on my brain.

Oh well.

And if anyone DARES to say another thing about how good (or apparently not so :S) Galaxy is before I get it for christmas, I shall have to eat their... left kidney...

On another note, has anyone bought MP3 yet? And if so, is it any good? (I'll get it anyway, but meh)

mrclam

Giga Poster
Im tempted by mp3.. but i didnt like the first 2.

So i'm more tempted to get the new trauma center and/or zack and wiki

Or maybe even battalion wars 2 (to see if my name made it to the credits)

Ben

CF Legend
furie said:
You should read my posts more Ben, I've been bigging up Resi 4 for months and months now. It's an awesome game. I don't know how much is the superb game design, or how much is the fantastic use of the Wii remote?

whatever it is, it's one of the best games I've played in years!!!

To be honest, I've been skipping anything computer game-related for ages now :p.

I'm making pretty steady progress, I've reached the third set-of-chapter thing.

But, the only problem is I keep getting butchered by people with chainsaws, which just freaks me out.

I just pray to God we're not horribly spited and end up with Resi 5, or I may just have to buy an Xbox... in 2009.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ben said:
I just pray to God we're not horribly spited and end up with Resi 5, or I may just have to buy an Xbox... in 2009.

By 2009, the 360 will be in firm last place - so you may as well get a ps3 at that point - as no doubt the xbox 3 will be announced that year in an attempt to gain back some of the market again.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
mrclam said:
Im tempted by mp3.. but i didnt like the first 2.

So i'm more tempted to get the new trauma center and/or zack and wiki

Or maybe even battalion wars 2 (to see if my name made it to the credits)

Ooh, thanks for reminding me about Zack and Wiki, it looks like so much fun, and I <3 adventure games, but it's not out before christmas, so I'll have to find it somewhere else...

Homer

Hyper Poster
mrclam said:
Ben said:

By 2009, the 360 will be in firm last place - so you may as well get a ps3 at that point - as no doubt the xbox 3 will be announced that year in an attempt to gain back some of the market again.
Why do you think Sony will gain market share?

The only hyped title Sony has for hardcore gamers are MGS4, Little Big Planet (which Reggie Files-Aime (Nintendo America president) admitted was good), and Home (aka Second Life for PS3). Other than that, the PS3 is a nice George Foreman grill/Blu Ray player.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
mrclam said:
Homer said:
Why do you think Sony will gain market share?

120 million ps2 owners.

I don't think they'll gain market share over the Wii, as a lot of the PS2 'casual gamers' have already moved to the Wii. However, I do agree with Clam, the PS3 will certainly sell as many as the 360, if not more. Microsoft can't penetrate the Japanese market, so they're missing out on sales in one territory... The biggest gaming territory in the world...

mrclam

Giga Poster
furie said:
I don't think they'll gain market share over the Wii, as a lot of the PS2 'casual gamers' have already moved to the Wii. However, I do agree with Clam, the PS3 will certainly sell as many as the 360, if not more. Microsoft can't penetrate the Japanese market, so they're missing out on sales in one territory... The biggest gaming territory in the world...

The last three months in japan (since the price cuts), the ps3 has been outselling the wii. Last month it outsold the wii 3 to 1.

There are a LOT of ps2 owners who'll upgrade to the ps3 when the price comes down to something reasonable.

That said, the loss of backwards compat might screw that up a bit.. But we'll see.

Regardless of which, you'd be a fool to bet on the 360 selling more than the ps3 during their lifetimes.

Current worldwide sales figures:

Wii : 14 million
360 : 13 million
ps3 : 6.5 million

Now this might SEEM like the ps3 is REALLY far behind. But bear in mind the 360 has been out for 2 years, and the ps3 has been out for one (and in europe - not even that.. about 8 months).

So just looking at the CURRENT state of play, the ps3 has ALREADY sold more than the 360 did during the same period of time.

Give it another year, and we'll see the ps3 overtake the 360.

Now whether or not the wii will continue to sell shedloads is another matter.

mrclam

Giga Poster
And i'd be personally suprised if microsoft dont announce a new xbox next year.

(I have *nothing* to base this on than just pure speculation based on the original xbox lifespan)

Ollie

CF Legend
Xbox can suck my **** .
They are an aweful company with a horrible looking machine that does **** all.
PS3 and Wii are the best by far as all the 360 owners are just saying that it rules so that they dont show how ashamed they are at the money they wasted on the heap of ****. :shock:

kimahri

CF Legend
Not really a reccomendation more of a warning

DO NOT GET SPEEDBALL 2 FOR THE 360!! it looks pooey and is not worth it.

if you are smart you will get speedball 2 brutal delux an amiga 500 computer and play a truly awesome game on a truly awesome system espetially since the amiga 500 was the system SB2 was intended for!

If frogster are touching The chaos engine i will hunt them down an murder them with PAIN! >:C

robertw

Roller Poster
mrclam said:
The last three months in japan (since the price cuts), the ps3 has been outselling the wii. Last month it outsold the wii 3 to 1.

Hmm... but am I right in thinking that every Wii made still sells out instantly? It's certainly still that way here. So how much does it really mean if someone else is selling more than you? Just that they can make their product faster than you?