What's new

The Final Frontier

A-Kid

Giga Poster
FinalFrontier-A-kid-s.jpg

Intro
This ride, The Final Frontier is my new ride. Set in a modern time Frontier City in the Old West, its a modern take on a Cowboy and Native American theme.

HD Video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ELxTVa5-lU[/youtube]
Taylor Swift's Change was perfect for this as it discribes the narrative in a nutshell.

Ride Stats:
Type: Intamin Blitz
Hight: 98ft
Speed: 50mph
Max G-Force: 5.2G Vertical
Trains: 5, 3 Car Trains with a total of 12 rides per train
Train Names: Choctaw, Cherokee, Chickasaw, Seminole & Muscogee
Dispatch intervals: 1min, 7 secs MIN
Ride Time: Roughly 1 Min
Through-put: MAX 1440pph (Average 1080 - 1200pph)
Stations: 2 Duel Loading

Placement Challange

The ride and area, Frontier City was designed to fit into a tight space in the Ranger Country/Arena/X area of Thorpe. Yes it would fit if that poxy new water slide wasn't going in...

FrontierCityNewlayout.png

Music

FrontierCityNewlayoutMusic.png

It would have a tracklist for the area (BLUE) and a tracklist for the Queue (GREEN). The yellow is the music flooding in other areas.

BLUE:

The Good The Bad And The Ugly - Ennio Morricone
A few dollars more - Ennio Morricone
Farewell To Cheyenne - Ennio Morricone (Faster Tempo)
The Big Country - The Ghost Rider Orchestra
Magnificent Seven - The Ghost Rider Orchestra
Apache - The shadows

Music AREA: http://www.mediafire.com/?bom8r018sv6w254

GREEN:

Bluegrass - Paradise City
America - Horse With No Name
Taylor Swift - Forever & Always
Taylor Swift - Change
Dallas
Denim & Demons - Marc daine and the Jazz Cowboys
Bonanza - The Ghost Rider Orchestra
Blues Brothers - Ghostriders in the Sky
Reindeer Games - Marc daine and the Jazz Cowboys
Chris Ledoux & Charlie Daniels - Even Cowboys like a little rock 'n' roll
Rawhide - Frankie Laine
Tennessee Ernie Ford - Sixteen Tons
Shania Twain - Man! I feel like a Woman
Taylor Swift - White Horse
Ennio Morricone - Aces High
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
Spiderbait - Black Betty
Mule Train - Frankie Laine
Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
Foghat - Slow Ride
Johnny Cash - Thirteen

Music QUEUE: http://mfi.re/?iynnoj0mmzzhn3i

Quite a variety of Country/Western/Rock there to make the queue...FUN!

Landscaping

Basically the black areas with coloured dots are compost/small plants. The bright grey is solid concrete to brighten up the place. Most other areas are tree covered or some sort of greenary. The brown is rock/ themeing in general. The queue house building would have 3 bass boxes in the roof to make an exciting musical atmosphere. The cheif rangers in now in octopus gardens in order to spread family rides around a bit, instead of being in one area. You may also notice X's ride area has become a new arena for a daily show/or other event action. This is in order to create a balance between rides and other attractions, also the family/thrill balance. There would be a sound barrier between Colossus and this due to close proximity.

I'll get the track up at some point, but the video pretty much covers it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's just Maverick!

I'm not going to comment on the track too much, I'd rather wait for the download and see it for myself, but the layout looks fun and it looks like it's been well planned.

Is there any reason you've gone to this much effort in setting out where the ride is going to go or is it purely because you can? :p It would be excellent for Thorpe to actually get a ride like this, but I'm not expecting it. However, I think a ride like this would be perfect for the ****-hole that is Thorpe. Hopefully all the extra theming and landscaping would improve things a bit.

Like I said above, I'm going to wait for the download before I comment in full. I'm just a little bit concerned that this is just Maverick again. The theme is very similar and a lot of the coaster's features resemble it a lot. This might have been what you were aiming for, but I think there are other themes that could fit this ride and make it not just seem like a copy. I don't mean to bash you, it looks great, but so does Maverick. It clear with the layout and songs and everything that you're creative enough...

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I do it purely to see the idea on screen rather that just in my mind!

The general idea is to be similar to Maverick with a bit of Fahrenheit. That works well in connection with Canada Creek next to it. A ride that fits the bland gap (that the current area is) and have a good through-put thats better than X.

It's also got to have the marketable gimmicks, and this would give plenty, while retaining an exciting ride. This is an area that I would like to cater for the whole family. Thats where the arena and relocation of kids rides comes in. I see the 'Thrill' brand as thrills for all the family, so I want to retain thrills for kids, fun for adults and a place that everybody can relax/escape in. This ride area is more about landscape and atmosphere than theme as I feel the park lacks it big style. Bringing a bit of American Amusment Park to it!

The Track

Brace yourself, these corners are sharp! I am aware that the second overbank takes the actual banking twice. I left that in on purpose. I didn't bother adding an exit/air gates etc. I just wanted to show the queue and area plan.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nb5x87araac3bbl

Enjoy. The ground texture may not show aswell... if you want that posted just say.

Edit: Ground texture: http://www.mediafire.com/?jxdaxnpg1s4zanx

In NL, go to Scenery, Terrain Settings and set the repeats 2 notches from Low when putting this in.

Still, Better to watch the video as that did take a month to put together :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nice track. Really nice track. The layout was fun and the track was smooth and well put together. I also liked the interaction between the other bits of track and supports etc.

I can see what you mean about it fitting into the area of the park by Canada Creek, I just feel like it's too much of a copy of Maverick. Like I said, the track work is great, but the theme just doesn't sell this as being unique to me.

It was a good coaster though, 8/10.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Wow, you certainly have put a lot of effort into this. I loved the video!

Only thing I would say about the track is the pace is completely killed with the Stop N' Launch. I really didn't like it, but it does help the T'put tremendously.

Having said that, I could see this ride at Thorpe, but it would have been nice to see a different theme.

9.5/10.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Overall, the track was decent. There were some rough transitions, but the layout and pacing made up for it. The queue and scenery were great as well.

Now I'm nitpicking, but I don't think the train names fit. Yes, they are the names of Indian tribes, but all those tribes were part of the Iroquois Nation, which was a New England area Native American nation. Names like Blackfoot, Sioux, Lakota, Crow, Apache, and Comanche would have been better names because they are all tribes of the western frontier.

I did like it though. 7.5/10.

Snoo

The Legend
^What he said.. and dude.. Taylor Swift to a ride themed after the Frontier? Come on. Get some real music.

Jer

Strata Poster
^ Times unfortunately have changed and so has music, apparently Taylor Swift is music

As for a rate I mostly agree with Marc, rough transitions with an decent layout. But I'm not okay with it just being maverick with a Norwegian Loop.

7/10

A-Kid

Giga Poster
The train names (and the name) came from the original theme I had for this, which was more based on the indians being forced of their native lands, being pushed over the borders of their land to the west, hence the eastern tribe (which also works with Amity Cove next to this). The area the ride stands is set in the modern time as the remains of the move. The ride would of been the shadow of the batte of the Cowboys and Indians fighting it off. I dropped the story to make it easier, for theming, thus making it more Maverick.

The Swifty song works because, its more that just a song, it discribes the story. "So we've been outnumbered, raided and now cornered, It's hard to fight when the fight ain't fair, We're getting stronger now from things they never found, They might be bigger but we're faster and never scared...

You can walk away and say we don't need this, But there's something in your eyes says we can beat this... Cause these things will change, can you feel it now? These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down, It's a revolution, the time will come for us to finally win".
'tis perfect.

Also. Different topic. NEVER insult Taylor Swift. She is one the most amazing people to ever grace this earth. She is unique. See worked so dam hard to get into the industry, to live her dreams, yet she still remains real and a nice person. Her music is far beyond 99% of the sh1t thats shoved on our plates, like Kanye and all that other R'n'B rap balls. Some people don't know good music! :)

But thanks for the comments on the ride! After all thats the important bit :--D

Snoo

The Legend
I could careless what she did.. her music sucks for what you are trying to put across. Especially with the fact that your ride, as you just said.. "which was more based on the Indians being forced of their native lands." What does a white blonde woman who hasn't had a care in the world have to do with the Native Americans?

The little things make a big difference Leigh. Next time, find something appropriate and not a fad of yours.

PS: It really isn't a big deal.. just something that can mean something when you have an overall feel of a ride. Plus I ****ing hate fanboys, no matter the obsession.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I am a perfectionist so I know about the little things. I even get quite up tight about little things! The song was perfect for the reason I give; The LYRICS. Its not about Taylor.

Snoo

The Legend
See.. the thing is.. the lyrics ARE Taylor.. they are one in the same. A Korn song wouldn't work for a ride about a gentle sea breeze simply because of the lyrics now would it?

Analogies are fun.