What's new

the excitement factor

herbinator

Mega Poster
I have been to thorpe more than any other park and am going again in a few days. Desite visiting this park a lot, i'm stll very excite and I know that when i get there, even though I have been on the rides before they will still excite me.

Is that the same for you or do you get invited or plan a trip to a park but in reality you could not care less?

Snoo

The Legend
Is that the same for you or do you get invited or plan a trip to a park but in reality you could not care less?

What?

And yes, if I go somewhere, I get excited. I don't do things for the hell of it, they have meaning. When this gets to be a job, being an enthusiast isn't really a hobby anymore.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Although the spelling and grammar could do with improving, I get the gist of the topic and it's quite an interesting discussion.

I do find that there are only a handful of rides that I really LOVE to ride time and time and again without getting bored. Nemesis, Rush, Detonator, The Ultimate, Grand National, Stealth and Oblivion. So yeah, I managed to keep my excitement levels high for that.

As for visiting parks - no. I find it very difficult to get exciting visiting a park that I've done to death. Thorpe Park is one of them, even though it has Stealth, Det and Rush! It's like doing the same walk to school/drive to work every day. It's all too familiar.

As cheesy and clichéd as it may sound, the aspect that gets me the most excited about visiting the same park frequently is who I'm going with.

Jools

Giga Poster
Actually yeh, good topic :)

I always get excited when I go to parks, no matter where it is, but obviously not as much, like when I first went to Alton Towers in 1998 and second in 2001, I remember almost bursting I was so excited, and my parents use to tease em and tell me it will be shut or if it was rainign slightly they were going to turn around and I would cry haha, obviously I would still be devastated if they turned around beacuse of the weather.

Rides I still get excited about include: Oblivion, Nemesis, Stealth, Ultimate, Detonator, Rita, Saw, Irn-bru Revolution and... I think there's more, but thoughs spring to mind first.

sean

Mega Poster
Yeah, I'm always getting the butterflies when i visit a park. I'm just a big kid really and even though I've visited Flamingoland countless times, it still gives me that excited feeling, moreso in the summertime when all the familiar sounds and smells of the park come to life, it's magical!!
Other parks have the same effect on me too!! :--D

I really enjoy going to parks, but the true time when I actually get excited is when I'm going on trips and stuff with CFers. If I'm going to the Point with my family, I still like it, but the trips are what excites me.

As for coasters, they're still exciting, especially if I've never been on them, but I find myself getting less scared of them :p .

I really enjoy going to parks, but the true time when I actually get excited is when I'm going on trips and stuff with CFers. If I'm going to the Point with my family, I still like it, but the trips are what excites me.

As for coasters, they're still exciting, especially if I've never been on them, but I find myself getting less scared of them :p .

Snoo

The Legend
UC said:
It depends on the park. Some parks, I do still get excited, though to be honest...I've really grown out of the "enthusiast" phase recently.

I still do love parks and love going, but it's more for a general good time with friends than it is a need to ride rides or such. For example, I've been to SFNE many times, skipped over Superman/Bizarro, and been totally fine with it, an action that would make your typical enthusiast lose sleep.

Agreed. As time has moved on, it has been a steady progression of "MUST RIDE BLAH BLAH OR LIFE IS OVER!" to "Well.. lets ride whatever we can."

The CF-Lives this summer are a great example, as I've been to most of the parks but I'm really going just to enjoy some company of great people. Can't ask for more then that.

Brookes

Giga Poster
It depends really. If it's a new park or for example I'm going on holiday and going to a park then yes I will be really excited. But if it's Alton I don't get that excited anymore before going as I visit frequently, but before going on rides such as Nemesis, Oblivion and Rita, I still get quite excited. Th13teen was a great example though, as as soon as we got into the station I suddenly got really excited.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Agreed. As time has moved on, it has been a steady progression of "MUST RIDE BLAH BLAH OR LIFE IS OVER!" to "Well.. lets ride whatever we can."

Haha! Know that. When I went to Alton when it was quiet last year I swear I spent 70% of the time messing about in the gardens and McDonalds Farm. T'was one of the funnest visits I've had.

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
Like most of y'all, I get the random "I MUST RIDE ___________ RIGHT NOW." but most of the time it's just "I really wanna ride a coaster right now."

The only ride that I've ridden before that still gives me an insane adrenaline rush is Drop Tower. I guess it's just the fact of being 300 feet in the air combined with the risk of losing 2 feet :lol:

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I still get excited about going to my home parks that I've been to millions of times. Even though as I go more and more I get tired of more and more of the rides at the park, I still enjoy going somewhere, especially an amusement park, even if I only ride a ride or two and I was at the park last week. :p

A

Anonymous

I can't fail to get excited when visiting a park. Thorpe Park's my most visited park so I'm not as excited as I used to be, but the feeling is still very much there.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I always get excited when I go to theme parks but probably cause I only go to about 4 or 5 parks a year which is nothing compared to some people. >_<