What's new

The Drunk Riders: The CoasterForce Podcast!

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I like this. Reminds me of all those hours we've spent together in cars, bars and parks just chatting **** about coasters. Can't wait to see you guys in August!

I think it needs a little refinement, but you're on to something. :)

PS. Sign me up for that Mexico > West Coast trip.

Snoo

The Legend
That was exactly what we were going for! :)

Any feedback is always welcome of course. We aren't perfect and this is the first time we've done something like this so any way to improve is always welcome. :D

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah, I've tried other coaster podcasts in the past but wasn't really satisfied with any of them (not enough goon in them tbh). Finding out about this was a pleasant surprise so I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Do you have plans to make each episode a bit longer? I'm used to hour long episodes on my other podcasts so 20 minutes goes by really quick. But obviously that's up to you guys and your availability.

But yeah, definitely promote the hell out of this on social media, CF Chat, and even YouTube. It's a good start. :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah, I've tried other coaster podcasts in the past but wasn't really satisfied with any of them (not enough goon in them tbh). Finding out about this was a pleasant surprise so I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Do you have plans to make each episode a bit longer? I'm used to hour long episodes on my other podcasts so 20 minutes goes by really quick. But obviously that's up to you guys and your availability.

But yeah, definitely promote the hell out of this on social media, CF Chat, and even YouTube. It's a good start. :)

Feedback is what we need! It was initially 45 minutes of recording, but that was before the US live and any editing and after that, we felt this was a good length to start.

This will also be available on iTunes, Google Play, and other places soon. This is a work in progress but love the feedback!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend

Thank you sir! We were looking at the proper about goon for CF but with our personalities in it too. A lot of the podcasts I've heard in the community over the years were either WAY too goon or not goon enough. As we're all goons in our own right but not overly goon, we've always felt we had the proper amount of sexy. :D

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Love it! If you want to go full on Podcast, I definitely recommend lengthening it. But the discussion was solid, nice amount of humor, and overall a great listen. I totally want to promote this to other platforms.

Can't wait to see more! :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Love the feedback, guys! Actually, we're surprised you want a longer show but we can make it happen! We won't promise a full hour every week but we can probably get 30 minutes or so until we really get a rhythm down.

Also, any "mailbag" type questions are welcome and appreciated. It'd really help give us content to talk about.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'll definitely have a think about discussion topics.

Maybe when I'm over in August we can record an episode together!

mouse

Giga Poster
Subscribed, enjoyed the first episode! Obviously things like this take a bit of time to get a natural flow and identity, but this shows real promise and I look forward to more episodes!
As for feedback, it would be useful if there was a description of the content of the episode to give an idea of what you're gonna be talking about.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I enjoyed this one too! Felt quite natural in terms of the connections between sections and the general flow of conversations. It was nice to have the longer format too.

Is there a plan to invest in some better recording hardware? Maybe because I got used to @Hyde's silky smooth tones in the Table of Elements work, but there is a slight sense of 'this is done on cheap gaming mics' from the sound quality. I've no idea how much any proper hardware actually costs, mind...

Snoo

The Legend
I enjoyed this one too! Felt quite natural in terms of the connections between sections and the general flow of conversations. It was nice to have the longer format too.

Is there a plan to invest in some better recording hardware? Maybe because I got used to @Hyde's silky smooth tones in the Table of Elements work, but there is a slight sense of 'this is done on cheap gaming mics' from the sound quality. I've no idea how much any proper hardware actually costs, mind...

Yep! We're most concerned about getting the, as you said, movement and flow down first before investing more (well besides me as I bought a mic).. lol

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
When was the last time a ride scared you? Could be a good scared, or maybe a bad scared, but often I find myself not feeling that 'fear' anymore. When was the last time it happened to you?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
We are going to a weekly format for the rest of the summer, so hit us with questions consistently and we will get to them as we go.

And Snoo is a bitch

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk