What's new

The boat race. Are you watching it ?

A

Anonymous

Are you watching the boatrace and who do you think will win it.

I have no Idea on who will win

A

Anonymous

Oxford took it with alot of power in the engine room.

I think its
Cambridge wins 79
Oxford wins 75

Dave

CF Legend
See I could've gone and watched it at the Thames, but nahh. Sunny Trent Park is better ;)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I watched it. Don't know why. It was really boring up until Oxford pulled ahead, then it was boring again.

17 mins of wasted entertainment :D

And how much does ITV spend for the rights for this...? Too much.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
My family have strong Oxford connections, so we get pretty excited about it. I don't think it makes great viewing for the neutral, however.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nope.

I've only watched one, it wasn't anything special.

I think it's because I don't have a side to root for.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No, I'm too working class to enjoy it.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Honest guy, I like that.

No, I didn't, and usually do not, as I am also far too working class for such an event to amuse me, I went to Alton Towers, instead.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I liked the episode where the boat sank. It's gone downhill since then though ;)

nealbie

CF Legend
furie said:
I liked the episode where the boat sank. It's gone downhill since then though ;)

You make it sound like a soap opera serial! :lol:

Yeah, Cambridge nearly sank a couple of years ago, but actually sinking in the 80's was (as my Dad always tells me) the best "episode" ever! :p

Emmett

Giga Poster
Once they didn't hit I stopped watching it. Just looks like a bunch of posh guys who are giving scholarships just because they can row a boat. They probably don't even do a course. I can just imagine all those prats strutting around Oxford now thinking they are great.

Just shows how bad things are at ITV when this becomes one of their sporting highlights.