What's new

The best Rollercoaster soundtrack?

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
Which roller coaster has the best soundtrack? List them for me its oblivion.
I've always actually been slightly disappointed in Oblivion's music. It's inextricably linked to the ride now, of course, but I feel like the 90s electronic music has not dated especially well and doesn't do much to reflect the ominous, frightening theme (except that opening "BOOM, B-BOOM, B-BOOM, aahhh!" motif), but that's just me. :) I think Towers' best effort in that department is the Smiler - it drills into your skull but completely helps to conjure that unhinged theme. Other than that, if we're sticking to coasters, I'm partial both to Icon and Wodan. Include other rides, though, and I think Valhalla is unbeatable.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Hong Kong/California Space Mountain. Well, not the Star Wars crap now, but the original one. It's so fab and matches the coaster perfectly.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Nemesis, definitely for Towers at least. I like Oblivion too, but that's probably due to it being associated with the ride now, as has already been pointed out. It's a bit odd on its own.

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
I've always actually been slightly disappointed in Oblivion's music. It's inextricably linked to the ride now, of course, but I feel like the 90s electronic music has not dated especially well and doesn't do much to reflect the ominous, frightening theme (except that opening "BOOM, B-BOOM, B-BOOM, aahhh!" motif), but that's just me. :) I think Towers' best effort in that department is the Smiler - it drills into your skull but completely helps to conjure that unhinged theme. Other than that, if we're sticking to coasters, I'm partial both to Icon and Wodan. Include other rides, though, and I think Valhalla is unbeatable.
yea wicker man as good theme and so does Valhalla the only annoying theme for me avalanche

Will

Strata Poster
Fluch von Novgorod and De Vliegende Hollander

I'm a bit over Imascore - they started out well, but they've got a bit samey and formulaic.

spicy

Giga Poster
Nemesis definately. Amazing sound track which matches the ride and area perfectly. Love hearing that sound track with the loud B&M roar echoing around.

I used to really like the Thunder Rock Rally Radio too. The theme made no sense at all but with all the music playing it was a fun area and the atmosphere was pumping before yet another rather depressing dark theme came along in Dark Forest. Stealth’s WWTP radio is pretty cool too.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Of the coasters I've been on, definitely Helix. It fits the theme perfectly and really builds anticipation for the ride. Really everything is done masterfully to make the best possible experience on the coaster.

Robert.W

Roller Poster

Wicker Man at Alton Towers. Really atmospheric, and I love how it subtly changes as you move closer and closer to the ride's station and pre-show buildings. Fits the theme perfectly, and really helps convey the mood and atmosphere of the ride!

Nemesis' soundtrack comes in at a very close second place though. :)

Wicker Man at Alton Towers. Really atmospheric, and I love how it subtly changes as you move closer and closer to the ride's station and pre-show buildings. Fits the theme perfectly, and really helps convey the mood and atmosphere of the ride!

Nemesis' soundtrack comes in at a very close second place though. :)

Wickerman proved that Merlin still know how to pick a really great soundtrack. A welcome relief after the atrocious soundtrack for The Smiler.