What's new

The Best Ride at Alton Towers

What is your favourite ride at Alton Towers?

• Nemesis

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Oblivion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Air

• Corkscrew

• Rita

• Spinball Whizzer

• Enterprise

• Submission

• Ripsaw

• Blade

• The Flume

• Total voters

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Nemesis is by far the best ride at Alton Towers, Oblivion & Air are good coasters, Spinball & Corkscrew arent to bad and then there is crappy Rita.

Sam

Giga Poster
I could have sworn we've had this topic really recently....

Meh, Oblivion is the best. Hands down. Then Rita, Nemesis and Air.... In that order.

A

Anonymous

i think that alton best ride is rita because it is fast and makes me scream

Will

Strata Poster
Alton's my local, so these days Nemesis is the only thing I get that excited by - and I've probably done that too many times - but it's still the best coaster I've ever been on - anywhere.

Rita is amongst the worst :p

Rich Bacon

Roller Poster
Here are my Favs:

1. Nemesis
2. Oblivion
3. Air
4. Spinball Whizzer
5. Ripsaw
6. Runaway Mine Train
7. The Flume
8. Submission
9. RITA
10. Duel

Leighton

Mega Poster
the only reason I go to AT is for Nemesis,

Air isnt ment to be intense, its a pleasant and relaxing ride, oblivion is ok, and rita is boring. also AT havent put so much effort into their atractions like Nemesis,

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
The reason I travel 3 hours to Alton Towers is for Nemesis and Oblivion (I would of also said Hex but that is not in the poll). But my number 1 coaster is Nemesis.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I go a little too often to be totally objective about this. I still love Nemesis, but don't ride it that often as I don't want to ruin it. It's still a fantastic buzz every time and never fails to get my heart racing.

I've recently discovered a love for Oblivion, but how long that will last for I don't know?

Rita goes downhill each and every time I ride her. At first I thought "pretty good". After a half-dozen to dozen goes I thought "Excellent". Since then it's been gonig down and down and now I think "meh" about it.

I love Corky, but only in a nostalgic way, it's actually pretty dull and hurts unless you're in the "safe seat" (no, I'm not gonig to tell you which seat doesn't hurt, it's mine!!!).

Spinball... Well, I used to enjoy it, but it's really dull now.

Beastie comes slightly above Air ;)

Air is, well, it's Air. I'm always surprised by how much I enjoy it while I'm on it, but it leaves me with no great memories at all. Meh!

I like RMT but it hurts too much. It's still the best example of a powered coaster I've been on though.

Flume <yawn>

Ripsaw - Good fun, but a bit too wet and it needs to be on a good cycle.

Enterprise- Meh

Submission - Ouch

Teacups - Bleurgh

Ugswingers - Meh

Charlie - Pants

Blade - <yawn>

Duel - Please God! Never again!!!

Rapids - I love the rapids at Alton. I don't know why, I just do.

Anyway, favourite still has to be Nemesis, but I do really like Oblivion (at the moment) and the Rapids :)

cstacey1690

Roller Poster
Well I visited yesterday and had my first experience of Rita, the launch blew me away and I got some decent airtime on the back seat.

Nemesis was great again but slightly lost the kick from when I first rode it.

Air was smooth and gave a good flying experience but it's not worth a wait of more than 20 mins IMO.

Oblivion is my favourite ride there, its got one trick but the speed and forces at the bottom of the drop are great, as a dive machine it's beat by Sheikra but its still my fave ride at the towers!

Jake

Strata Poster
I love Oblivion and Rita, But probably Oblivion more. The way the cars seem to drop in slow motion with the twitching riders :) LOVE IT.

Sixth Sence

Roller Poster
Spin Ball is the best I think. Despite being just dotted on some random field with like no theming it still has a fun layout, maybe not to the extreme something smooth. Also the flams are just amzing on the trains.

kir

Hyper Poster
What flames? Have you even been to Alton Towers?

It's Dragon's Fury that has flames on the cars.

A

Anonymous

^Maybe Rita was implied?

My fave ride..gosh, it depends on what 'experience' I want, whether intense, thrilling, smooth etc...
Nemesis followed closely by air!
They rawk!

....And oblivion too ^.^

Daaaaaaamit, I can never have favorites! Oh, Alton just rocks!

Tony

Hyper Poster
These are my favourite rides at alton towers. Rita is very close to air.
1.Nemesis
2.Air
3.Rita
4.Oblivion
5.Ripsaw
6.Spinball Whizzer
7.Submission
8.Runaway mine train
9.Flume
10.Hex
11.Congo River Rapids
12.Corkscrew(this needs to be torn down and replaced by something better, it gives you a headache but is a good time filler)
13.Charlie(just a waste of 4million they could have built some cheap family ride and a good thrill ride)

Never went on the enterprise because i dont like the fact that their is no restraints and maybe i would of went on it with a friend but i went to alton towers on my own because i was on holidays to alton towers from ireland.