What's new

The Best Ride at Alton Towers

What is your favourite ride at Alton Towers?

• Nemesis

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Oblivion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Air

• Corkscrew

• Rita

• Spinball Whizzer

• Enterprise

• Submission

• Ripsaw

• Blade

• The Flume

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

This poll is missing some of the parks good rides like Hex for a start, but if had to pick out of that list, i deffinatley WOULDNT pick Rita because well she is just crap, so it would be Nemesis.

I've never been to Alton Towers, but I think that Nemesis looks like the best ride there. Inverts provide such great forces, and I've heard Nemesis is no exception, and the extensive themeing put into it is phenominal.

Second would be Oblivion. It looks like the best adrenaline pumper in the whole park, and if I went to Alton, it would be my first Dive Machine. I bet looking down into the darkness is pretty scary on your first time.

Third (as far as I'm going to go) would have to be Rita. She (or he if she is a cross dresser) looks a bit boring compared to other accerelators, but Rita is quite unique and has a launch (which is always fun), which is why I picked her as #3.

Fi

Mega Poster
Nemesis is definitely my favorite, that coaster is amazing. My second favorite would be Rita, it's not the best accelerator ever, but it's still good and my third favorite is Duel (which isn't in your poll) just because it's a fun ride.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Well, im gonna break the mould and go for 'Air'. Fair enough, the themeing and the overall build up are nothing compaired to Nemesis, but when i had the choice for a second ride between the two, Air won my choice, as i find it a much mroe enjoyable experience

stanford911

Mega Poster
Nothing beats good old Nemesis. Theming, brill. Ride experience, brill! But ride time, bit too short for me.
Fav part of the ride...First corkscrew and helix. Amazing G's at that point.

kir

Hyper Poster
It's close between R-QoS and Oblivion. I like them both for different reasons, and it's very hard to choose between them. Rita is my No.1 coaster, but I always add "and Oblivion follows very closely", because I can't bear to think that one would get a mention and the other wouldn't!

A

Anonymous

Nemesis for me, though it is pretty close. Air is really good, but loses it's novelty after a while, and feels a bit slow. Oblivion, although is a one trick pony, just get more intense everytime I ride it. Rita is a good ride, I just hate the theming, and it is a little boring. I really like Spinball whizzer and Hex as well. And I think the rapids are underated.

jayjay

Giga Poster
My top 5 AT rides are thus.

5.Duel - Although I usually stay away from haunted houses due to my nervous disposition, I will ride this because the LED shooting is such a catchy concept.
4.Air - A great ride (It's B+M so it must be good). It may not be forceful or thrilling but it's nice and calm which makes it very good to ride.
3.Rita QoS - This has started my want to ride more launched coasters because the launch really takes it out of you.
2.Oblivion - It's not as scary as other people make it seem for me. I still love he drop which is brilliant. Even though a one-trick-pony, it's a good trick.
1.Nemesis - Do I have to say why? Relentless forces throughout the ride. After riding the back row at the live, I know this is my favourite. The theming is brilliant. I just need a replica copy to put in the field opposite my house* and I'll be in heaven.

* But let's face it, that's never going to happen.

Richie

Hyper Poster
Oblivion and Rita by far!

Oblivion just edges it for me over Rita though, but only just!

Nemesis is over-rated and pretty crappy. I used to dislike Air aswell but since I went on recently I seemed to enjoy quite a bit.

Oblivion and Rita... :)

A

Anonymous

nemesis is the one reason why i go their every year... so i chose oblivion! lol just kidding. Nemesis all the way!

Martyn B

CF Legend
This is the same ind of poll that TT done, theres lasted over a year, got nearlly 2000 votes and Rita came 4th behind Oblivion, Nemesis and Air, duh!

And so far here,Rita doesn't have a single vote, so why does Alton Towers keep saying its their best ride ever as voted for by guests?

Will they loose interest in Nemesis as they "think" Rita is their best ride?

-Martyn "I voted for Nemesis" B

Ben

CF Legend
It's close between Rita and Oblivion, but it has to be Rita, she's just fantastic.

Nemesis would be at the bottom of the pile. Just above Air though. Air's an insult to B&M.

Scarlet

Mega Poster
Spinball Whizzer :tongue3: < LOL that's a yellow gayface!

It is actually the most interesting thing there, it's fast-paced and ruthless; and provides a thoroughly satisfying ride.

tks

Strata Poster
I really am interested as to why people hate Nemesis so much.

It's the best ride in the park for me. Nothing comes close to the forces and near misses it provides.

Air is not an insult to B&M. It's a flyer, designed to give you the feeling of flight. Which it does quite well I think.

Oblivion is an amazing ride, well thought out, the whole secrecy of it's building was superb and Alton have got a good ride for life, assuming it doesn't get closed..

Rita. Pile of crap. Put in at the last minute with no real thought or purpose.

A

Anonymous

oblivion has to be number 1 in my opinion, then its spinball whizzer, then nemisis.

joe

Mega Poster
Rita of course, the launch its nice followed by a few pops of airtime. Oblivion and Nemmy follow up closely.