What's new

Rank the B&M Hyper coasters

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
1. Mako - this ride keeps on giving and giving. The airtime is insane and the views are scenic, the ride is fab. 10/10
2. Apollo's Chariot - while this ride has some of my favorite airtime on any b&m hyper,and the scenery is amazing, It has developed a rattle which is why it is #2 10/10
3. Diamondback - while it has the better seating arrangement and a night ride is fab,the ride dies down towards the end. 9/10
4. Nitro - fun ride for sure,this one has a lot of variety thrown in and blends well together. But it has a really bad rattle and the second half is a bit weak. 8/10
5. Intimidator - it is trimmed to death this one and the second half is pathetic but the front row is quite good. 8/10
goes down a lot

6. Raging Bull - what happened? 7/10

Pear

Strata Poster
I don't get how people find Apollo's Chariot really rattly. The only part where I actually noticed it was in the turnaround but it wasn't bad at all and didn't affect the ride at all for me. It's not like if it rattled a lot it would be bad anyways since there's lapbars.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I don't get how people find Apollo's Chariot really rattly. The only part where I actually noticed it was in the turnaround but it wasn't bad at all and didn't affect the ride at all for me. It's not like if it rattled a lot it would be bad anyways since there's lapbars.

The rattle does not make it anything near bad no, but I guess why I might rank it down a tad for the significant rattle I experienced as it was the sort that gets to my head a bit, and also it’s just not as pleasant to feel a steel coaster rattling as it is to feel it perfectly smooth. Just a very small gripe though, and different views on the rattle might come from ‘off’ vs ‘on’ days, different tolerances for certain kinds of rattle, different trains, different rows, I guess the list goes on hah. I’m jealous you got to experience it as smooth as you did tbh.

Pear

Strata Poster
Maybe I've just always caught it on good days then as I remember a similar experience back in 2016 as well.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
The B&M hypers I’ve been on as of right now. Not including gigas, as I want to compare like for like and gigas are a different category to me, no matter how the company classifies them.

1. Behemoth
2. Mako
3. Diamondback
4. Intimidator
5. Nitro
6. Apollo’s Chariot

They’re all great rides.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Personally I think it's Six Flags Great America's best. Raging Bull's drop is fantastic!
Which other ones have you been on? Raging Bull is consistently towards the bottom of other people's list, not quite sure why you would think it's better than others.

grkfire

Roller Poster
Which other ones have you been on? Raging Bull is consistently towards the bottom of other people's list, not quite sure why you would think it's better than others.
I haven't been on the others, but for our Six Flags park, it is the best ride there. :)

Hutch

Strata Poster
I haven't been on the others, but for our Six Flags park, it is the best ride there. :)
Ah I must've misinterpreted your post then (thought you said it was your best B&M hyper). As for the park, I think most people would say Goliath is the best, but Raging Bull looks fun for what it is, even if it doesn't look like the best hyper.

Matt N

CF Legend
SFGAm must have an insanely good coaster selection if Raging Bull doesn't even make the park's top 5! Mako is outstanding, so I don't see why Raging Bull wouldn't be amazing too! Well, it does have a twister layout as opposed to Mako's out and back layout, but twisty can still be fun! And twisty can still offer great airtime, if companies like Intamin, RMC and GCI have taught us anything!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'd love if that were true. There's maybe like 4 airtime moments the whole ride, it's gotten a bit rattly, and has some awful pacing. I know a lot of people enjoy bull, and that's perfectly fine. I just don't enjoy it as much as other people.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd love if that were true. There's maybe like 4 airtime moments the whole ride, it's gotten a bit rattly, and has some awful pacing. I know a lot of people enjoy bull, and that's perfectly fine. I just don't enjoy it as much as other people.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
So I'll presume you preferred Mako out of it and Raging Bull?

I don't personally think that Raging Bull looks like too bad of a ride from POVs. Sure, it looks to have a different style of layout to other B&M hypers. But B&M hypers strike me as the sort of ride type that always find a way to be great, so I'm confident that I'll enjoy Raging Bull if I ever get around to riding it. I am entirely basing that off of Mako, though.

Snoo

The Legend
So I'll presume you preferred Mako out of it and Raging Bull?

I don't personally think that Raging Bull looks like too bad of a ride from POVs. Sure, it looks to have a different style of layout to other B&M hypers. But B&M hypers strike me as the sort of ride type that always find a way to be great, so I'm confident that I'll enjoy Raging Bull if I ever get around to riding it. I am entirely basing that off of Mako, though.

The most disappointing part of the ride IMO is that you can SEE where it would be a great ride, but the trims just nuke all the good moments. When you see potential and it's dashed, that hurts it even more. Raging Bull is essentially a poor mans Fury, which is a great ride. You don't NEED a ton of airtime on a Hyper for it to be good. Fury proves that IMO. Raging Bull was ahead of its time and proved to be a bit too much without trims. As such. you get it's current ride. A dull, forceless, just.. experience?

Matt N

CF Legend
The most disappointing part of the ride IMO is that you can SEE where it would be a great ride, but the trims just nuke all the good moments. When you see potential and it's dashed, that hurts it even more. Raging Bull is essentially a poor mans Fury, which is a great ride. You don't NEED a ton of airtime on a Hyper for it to be good. Fury proves that IMO. Raging Bull was ahead of its time and proved to be a bit too much without trims. As such. you get it's current ride. A dull, forceless, just.. experience?
Oh right, so it looked Fury-esque without the trims on? The thing is, though, I couldn't really feel Mako's trims on the ride at all. Nor its MCBR.

Snoo

The Legend
Oh right, so it looked Fury-esque without the trims on? The thing is, though, I couldn't really feel Mako's trims on the ride at all. Nor its MCBR.

It looked BETTER then Fury to be honest (I like but don't love it). It would have been a very unique but very powerful ride. Think of it more like a better Titan/Goliath from Six Flags fame. Its not airtime focused so it focused on power but when you eliminate the power.. you get get a glorified kiddy ride. As I said, you can see where the potential would be if you hit an element at faster speeds, but it just fails so bad it hurts the ride even more.

Matt N

CF Legend
It looked BETTER then Fury to be honest (I like but don't love it). It would have been a very unique but very powerful ride. Think of it more like a better Titan/Goliath from Six Flags fame. Its not airtime focused so it focused on power but when you eliminate the power.. you get get a glorified kiddy ride. As I said, you can see where the potential would be if you hit an element at faster speeds, but it just fails so bad it hurts the ride even more.
Ah right. So B&M's strengths more seem to be in floaty, airtime-based rides unless you're talking giga coasters. Thanks @Snoo!

Snoo

The Legend
Ah right. So B&M's strengths more seem to be in floaty, airtime-based rides unless you're talking giga coasters. Thanks @Snoo!

Not quite? They do know how to make a mean airtime machine with high G's when it comes to airtime as evidenced by Fury. They tried but failed with Raging Bull is what I'm saying due to the trims killing all momentum. They just succeeded with Fury, which I think would have been just as good if it was a Hyper instead of Giga.