What's new

The Barclaycard Coaster

A

Anonymous

There is a "Making of" that is pretty interesting :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t4IshMNRsA&feature=related[/youtube]

It's pretty cool, as is their water slide version...

Ollie

CF Legend
I really like the advert. Really cool how the station is in the lift. It's very under-supported though. :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Brilliant. Really liked both this and the waterslide.

I'm not sure which one I prefer, the waterslide one was the original, but the coaster one is really good too.

Who cares? They're both excellent.

Steven

Giga Poster
Yeh I can say I posted this first in you tube videos and post happy thing here :razz: ;) .

But I like.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
What's weird, though, is that it isn't too far-fetched (okay, it is, but only to a certain degree). The banking and shaping of the elements seem all right, and it doesn't look like it would valley or subject riders to too extreme G-forces.

As far as fictional coasters go, this gets a 9. Only negative is undersupporting.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
If we're being realistic about it; the lapbars don't give me too much confidence on those inversions!

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Realistic!

No way, the speed it goes through what i can only describe as a "rollercoaster tycoon box cover" element and the way in which it does this would be painfull, and there are no headrests and it goes down that vertical section too fast. (i had to be the geek who pointed it out cool) )

And the waterslide one is unrealistic also, as the guy seems to go down a near vertical slide with a triple drop which would throw him out cool)

I love the adverts but i also love being the stereotype who questions accuracy with a funny nerdy voice.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
El Patricko said:
I love the adverts but i also love being the stereotype who questions accuracy with a funny nerdy voice.
I can't watch YT videos at work :)() but doesn't Stephen Merchant of Ricky Gervais fame do the voiceover?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^ Nah, not on this one, t'is a Lady. Stephen Merchant (or a damn good impressionist) does do the normal voice overs for Barcleycard though.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I love how all these people are just noticing this rollercoaster/waterslide (depending on the vid) for the first time. :lol:

Brookes

Giga Poster
Pokemaniac said:
What's weird, though, is that it isn't too far-fetched (okay, it is, but only to a certain degree). The banking and shaping of the elements seem all right, and it doesn't look like it would valley or subject riders to too extreme G-forces.

As far as fictional coasters go, this gets a 9. Only negative is undersupporting.

I agree normally when you see roller coasters done on adverts or something, such as a Maths and Science one, they are really unrealistic. But the detail they've gone to with this is amazing, the track looks like it was properly designed being fully smooth and perfectly shaped.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah, I dont like it for some reason, probably because I loved the waterslide ad so much, bring that one back!

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I love this advert. It dosent seem to realistic on the inversions with just lapbars! The waterslide one looked painful at the point where he goes down the near vertical double drop! I would love to ride this though. Also how do you eat on a rollercoaster because on this advert he goes past the shop buying some food XD

alexdude98

Mega Poster
El Patricko said:
Realistic!

No way, the speed it goes through what i can only describe as a "rollercoaster tycoon box cover" element and the way in which it does this would be painfull, and there are no headrests and it goes down that vertical section too fast. (i had to be the geek who pointed it out cool) )

And the waterslide one is unrealistic also, as the guy seems to go down a near vertical slide with a triple drop which would throw him out cool)

Well, about the waterslide one, it looks like they based it on a waterslide that was on The Gadget Show. It's in Dubai and Ortis Deley rode down it :p