What's new

The art of leaving a theme park with everything you took in

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
When going into a park to ride coasters and other spinny things, we don't wanna lose phones, wallets etc. So how do you ensure you aren't gunna lose your phone as you're flying through a loop?

Most of the time I rely on the weather being cold enough to wear a jacket with zip up pockets. For days when it's too hot I came up with extremely 'cool' looking method of safety pinning my jean pockets shut. :lol:

I personally don't often take a bag with me into a park, but if a friend I'm with is taking one in then putting all your stuff in their bag and leaving it at the station seems to work too.

I know the topic seems kinda odd, but just wondered if you have specific 'routines' about it!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It would be very rare for me to head to a park without a bag of some sort. Most of the time I'll leave my stuff in that whilst riding, then I don't loose anything.

No specific routine I guess...

RCF

Strata Poster
Usually I just wear pants with cargo pockets or with really tight pockets. But usually my mom's with us and she doesn't ride rides so I give my stuff to her.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
If I'm wearing Jeans, the pockets are tight enough to keep phone and wallet in, anything else will be in my bag.

Ollie

CF Legend
If the park I'm going to has rides that go upside-down I wear trousers that either have zip pockets or buttons. But usually I'm fine with jeans that have deep pockets and the restraints on my knee kinda seal the pocket.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I never take a bag. If it's cold enough coat with zip pockets and put stuff in there. If not I use back jean pockets then it's virtually impossible for it to fall out.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Can't do a backpack here, then you're stuck with lockers. I just keep my camera/phone/wallet in zip-up pockets...though last year I forgot to zip them up and my phone flew out of my pocket on Magnum. The riders in back caught half of it but the battery was gone. :p

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Pants with zipper pockets. Easy as. I dislike jeans, they are a practical nightmare. Also, I bring a bag for larger stuff.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I only take a Phone and a wallet. Both are quite bulky, so they won't fly out a pocket. But I also use a strap on my phone to make sure it won't go airbourne.

To much friction for the wallet to fly out. Its very tight in my pocket.

A

Anonymous

Re: The art of leaving a theme park with everything you took

I only take my phone and wallet so no bags or 'Safety Precautions' are needed, just a jacket with zips or jean pocket/s.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I usually wear jeans so I just leave my phone and wallet in my pockets and they're grand. If I'm not wearing jeans then I'll probably just bring a bag and just leave them in that.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Hixee said:
It would be very rare for me to head to a park without a bag of some sort.
You better change that habit because you won't be doing that over here or you'll be paying a small fortune for having to constantly put the bag in a locker.
Since we (my wife, Aidan & I) are professional coaster riders, we don't bring anything into a park that won't fit into our pockets. My wife & the kid both wear cargo pants with button up pockets & I wear tight jeans, so nothing falls out of our pockets.
That being said, I used to keep my phone in a carrying case hooked on my belt, but my phone flew out of it once on SkyRider at Canada's Wonderland & ever since it's been pockets only. :wink:

Ben

CF Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
Hixee said:
It would be very rare for me to head to a park without a bag of some sort.
You better change that habit because you won't be doing that over here or you'll be paying a small fortune for having to constantly put the bag in a locker.

I had a bag for two weeks of American parks last year and the year before, and MAYBE... MAYBE paid $10 over the course of all those parks.

Don't worry about it Hixee, Americans over exaggerating... again :wink:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
A lot of the parks (especially Six Flags) recently changed their way of handling bags & now require you to use a locker for all coasters (not just Kingda Ka anymore), so I'm not exaggerating. You can easily send well over $10 just at SFGAdv & the reusable lockers have gone up from $11 to $14 for the day (that's for the smallest ones). It used to be that they had a place to put your loose items near the loading area, but they've done away with those & put lockers at every ride entrance so that they can make an extra dollar each time you ride. They even make you put free refill cups in a locker, so you're better off not getting one of those either.
Six Flags Great America, Six Flags Great Adventure & Six Flags New England all just put this into effect last year, so you might not have experienced this when you were here Ben.

Ben

CF Legend
Frankly, it sounds like you're using a different locker for every ride you go on. Which is... stupid. And it wasn't just Ka when I was there either... It was everything bar maybe GASM.

The lockers last, what, 90 minutes? And they're ONE dollar. Just plan, don't be stupid, and you won't go over a few times.

And then if there's more than one of you with bags, it cuts it down even more!

I'm fully in support of the system, it costs nothing if you're not a moron, and speeds up loading times no end.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We are not traveling with the TPR sheep & Hixee will be the only one with a bag, so sharing isn't an option. As you are well aware, the rides at SFGAdv are spread out & using one locker for 90 minutes will only cover you for a couple of rides before you have to use another locker again. Plus the lockers are single use lockers, so he will not be able to put things in his bag & take them back out between rides. If he goes for the full-day locker, then he will only be able to put things in/take them out a few times during the day because of the lockers' location.
So yeah, don't be stupid & leave the bag in the car. :wink:

Ben

CF Legend
Hahaha.

Yes Jerry.

Of course, they're 90 minute lockers, yeah? Use one for a few rides, yeah? How long is GADV open for in the summer? 12 hours? That's 8 90 minute slots, or, $8 MAXIMUM.

You could easily spend over 10 if you're a freaking MORON.

Stop bitching about it and making it out worse than it is.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I always have my fleece with me, so I just put my phone, wallet, camera and anything else I may be carrying in the zip pockets. If it's really hot, I'll still carry my fleece with me, or tie it around my waist. When it comes to rides, I'll just wear it for a few minutes - rides are short enough that it's bearable, even on a baking hot day.

A

Anonymous

When I was a kid, I used the method of cramming tons of things into one pocket, guided by the logic that they wouldn't be able to move around that way.

After a certain expensive mishap, I now leave my stuff in a small bag in a locker.

Ollie

CF Legend
Also another technique that I learnt from CF'ers was to either tie your jumper/sweater around your waist and push the ends of the arms of it into your pockets to stop stuff falling out. Can also do the same things with gloves.