What's new

The Amsterdam Dungeon remove Reaper: Drop Ride to Doom

Lofty

CF Legend
The only reason I created this topic was a bit of a 'heads up' to everybody who's planning a trip a credit dash to Amsterdam for Reaper... It's closed for good as of 05/01/2014.

I'd noticed when I was going through The Dungeon websites for an update on the San Fran project when I noticed it had been removed from Amsterdam's page, upon researching it, it'd been removed on the date above.

Does anybody know why it's been removed?

TilenB

Strata Poster
Now you've made me a bit sad :)....
I'm planning on visiting Amsterdam this August and one of the things I wanted to see was Amsterdam Dungeon. I know that it's still there, but I'm not really willing to pay such amount of money if there isn't any cred to be taken.

PS: I know that this completely off-topic, but has anybody done Walibi Holland with public transport? Is it easily accessible with a bus or train or not?

Lofty

CF Legend
To be fair the Amsterdam Dungeon is one of the best I've been, it's a lot more adult orientated, well it was until the rebrand.

I've been to Walibi, it's so easy to get to with public transport; get a train from Amsterdam Centraal to Harderwijk via Amersfoort and then they have a shuttle bus to the park from there :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Just to chime in and agree on the public trasport front. I did it the other way (was in a car with other CFers to get there), going from the park to the airport, following the same route. It was really easy, and everyone speaks such good English there, which makes things even easier.

The coaster was a pile of ****, so it's really no big loss. It was fairly new though, so it's a bit surprising that they're getting rid of it so soon.

Lofty

CF Legend
To be fair, it was dreadful. So so so bad and for such a small coaster it was rough. The 'drop' was all trimmed followed by a near enough unbanked corner. Ouch.