• Something completely different which I will post below

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Unless you're out playing after school, at which time it's appropriate to be called in for your tea.

I have a friend who calls dinner, supper. But he's a posh git and I laugh at him

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

My breakfasts and lunches tend to just roll into continuous snacking all day though. ;)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I'm from the North, and have never heard anybody refer to tea as a meal. I doubt the Sami have either, and they live even further North. Where did you get the idea that Tea is a meal up here?

Mike

Giga Poster
I'm never awake for breakfast, so for me it's usually just lunch and dinner.
On cricket days though, it's lunch, tea then dinner.
My nan and grandad always used to eat dinner at lunch time, and then bread/biscuits/whatever in the evening, so for them it was breakfast, dinner then tea.

thx

Mega Poster
Breakfast, lunch and dinner for me too. However the lunch pretty much has to be warm for me and usually I don't eat two hearthy meals a day (it's usually either lunch or dinner) It's quite commin that I just have sandwiches, yoghurt or something smaller like that for 'dinner'.

DJProspeKt

Roller Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Where did you get the idea that Tea is a meal up here?

Sorry, I meant north and south UK dived, but all answers from worldwide are welcome too, as I stated in the first post.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
I'm from up North and we generally refer to the last meal of the day as 'tea'. It's just the way it's been for many of us since school.

I guess it's a Northern thing, much like how we tend to say 'Mam' rather than 'Mum' - at least in the North East anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Breakfast
Lunch
Tea/Dinner (they're interchangable but I normally call it tea, dinner sounds more formal . The only time I really use the word dinner is at Christmas or in the case of a Sunday dinner where you eat the main meal earlier in the day when its's not 'tea time'.
Supper is a rare occasion for me and would normally comprise of a bowl of cereal before bed.

On a weekend I would just have brunch then tea, because I'm lazy and can't get my ass out of bed unless I have somewhere to be.

Karen

Hyper Poster
Breakfast, dinner, tea. It was always Dinner Ladies at school BUT I'm now a Lunchtime Supervisor!!!!!

Nic

Strata Poster
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.

HOWEVER, if lunch is a big, hot, cooked affair, and evening food consists of sandwiches, crisps and cake, then that's tea, not dinner. This scenario most commonly applies to a Sunday roast. Breakfast, Lunch (could also potentially be referred to as dinner as its the hot meal of the day), Tea. The more I think about it though, Tea in this context does specifically refer to sandwiches, crisps and cake, and perhaps some mini sausage rolls. Maybe a mini onion bhaji or two if we're really pushing the boat out. Finger food, basically. But yeah, that's the only time its tea.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Breakfast, dinner, tea.

Why do so many people seem to rarely eat something large for their midday meal?! That's the best time. When you're at work and stuffing a fat load of crap in your mouth to get you through the working day :)