What's new

Terra Mítica - Could Magnus Colossus be RMC'd?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I don't think this will likely happen, but I think there is a chance Magnus Colossus is could be RMC'd, as the coaster has been SBNO from this year, according to RCDB. Terra Mítica has not got a new coaster since 2007, with Inferno, a small Intamin Zac-Spin. I doubt an RMC will happen, the roller coater was made by RCCOA, which make rough wooden coasters. It could perhaps be re-tracked by GCI, but who knows. Terra Mítica may not have the money, however it is possible they have managed to save up 10+ million euros for an Iron Horse RMC conversion since 2007, as Inferno was only a small addition. What do you think will happen to it? Do you think it will just be removed? Do you think it will become the Iron rattler of Spain? What are your opinions?

RyanY

Roller Poster
Have you done any research into the situation Terra Mitaca is in? The park is barely even surviving, they opened on the 31st May this season and are closed for half of September and most of October. There is more chance of the park closing permanently than getting any decent investment in the next few years, never mind an investment of the scale of an RMC.

Sandman

Giga Poster
More likely that Blackpool Pleasure Beach get 'The Bigger One' to be honest. I don't really see Terra Mitica aiming that high even if they had the budget, which they most probably don't.

Ben

CF Legend
Technically it could, like, it's possible.

However it won't because it makes zero business sense and no one would fund it for that reason.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Anyone know how this park manages to be so ****?

I've never visited but all the fundamentals point to it being a decent profitable park? Its in a good location in the tourist hotspot of Benidorm with no other park competition for miles. It look like a relatively pleasant place, some decent rides and good themeing? Granted the coasters are a bit **** but the GP dont know that!

If i was an investor i'd say with a couple of new rides and a decent advertising campaign this place could become the Portavenura of Benidorm!

I'm not sure how hard the death on inferno hit them but it wasn't exactly big news when compared to other accidents.

Someone please enlighten me!

Peet

Giga Poster
I really wanna see someone invest in Terra Mitica so that they can find for the RMC conversion of Magnus Colossus plus much more!
Just reopening it would be a start. I'm back in the area in the summer but won't be visiting unless they miraculously get it open; I already have the other creds. RMC not happening ever though I'm afraid.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
For now, we will have to settle for this:

I still think Magnus Colossus, along with Coaster Express, is one of the last huge pieces of **** that could really benefit from one of these RMC conversions, since they have so much track to work with, like the larger wooden coasters that have recently been converted successfully. Then again, this is Terra Mítica and management have zero clue what direction this park should take.

In fact, I think they are just letting the park rot until numbers are so low they can justify closing it for good and sell the real estate. After all, Terra Mítica is located on prime land with some of the best views in Benidorm...

Littlebrotoby

Roller Poster
Anyone know how this park manages to be so :emoji_zipper_mouth:?

I've never visited but all the fundamentals point to it being a decent profitable park? Its in a good location in the tourist hotspot of Benidorm with no other park competition for miles. It look like a relatively pleasant place, some decent rides and good themeing? Granted the coasters are a bit :emoji_zipper_mouth: but the GP dont know that!

If i was an investor i'd say with a couple of new rides and a decent advertising campaign this place could become the Portavenura of Benidorm!

I'm not sure how hard the death on inferno hit them but it wasn't exactly big news when compared to other accidents.

Someone please enlighten me!
Having been to the park once, there was nothing there that I genuinely enjoyed, nothing at the park made me want to go back, even if I was in Benidorm I don’t think I would go. (which is unusual as basically every park I have been too I would be happy to re-visit).

I feel like the park needs a stand out coaster, something that would attract people back to the park.

The park itself is quite pretty, it has some nice theming in parts and just lacks the quality rides. Honesty I think if they had the money to RMC Magnus Collosus that would help the park massively, I would visit it again if they did that, but sadly I don’t see this happening, and if they don’t add anything new, I fear we may be saying goodbye to it.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
I think the park is beyond rescue tbh. I visited a few months after the fatal accident and it was a complete ghost town, and it seems they've never recovered from it.

Benidorm is not a family holiday destination anymore, its a mix of pensioners and young adults on the booze.

I worked for a stag/hen do travel agent and used to book hundreds of people in for Benidorm trips and not one group ever added Terra Mitica tickets. Despite my obvious attempts to upsell it.