What's new

Teenager dies after riding 'Muntanya Russa'

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Here's the article from a Spanish newspaper talking about the death of this teenager that died yesterday after riding the new coaster at Tibidabo, Muntanya Russa.

La muerte del menor fallecido anoche tras perder el conocimiento en el parque de atracciones del Tibidabo se debió a causas naturales, según han confirmado fuentes del Hospital Clínic.

Un familiar alertó al Servicio de Emergencias Médicas (SEM) a las 17.46 horas de que el joven, de 17 años, se había desmayado tras bajarse de la montaña rusa. Al llegar al recinto la unidad del SEM sustituyó a un médico, que ya había empezado la recuperación cardiopulmonar del joven en el lugar de los hechos. El SEM estuvo 45 minutos tratando de reanimarle, aunque finalmente le trasladó al Clínic, donde ingresó muerto, según informaron fuentes del centro hospitalario.

El menor no había recibido ningún golpe ni había sufrido ningún daño en el recinto, según el parque de atracciones, que emitió anoche un comunicado de pésame a la familia y a los amigos.

Source: El País

Translation:

Barcelona. Yesterday night a teenager died a natural death after losing consciousness at Tibidabo, according to the sources from Hospital Clinic.

A relative called the SEM (Medical Emergencies Services) by 5:46 pm, when the 17-year old teenager fainted after getting off the roller coaster. When the SEM unit arrived, they continued trying to resuscitate. After 45 minutes trying to reanimate via cardio pulmonary resuscitation the teenager was transferred to Hospital Clinic, where he entered already dead, according to the hospital.

The teenager had not been hurt during his stay in the park, according to the Park. Yesterday, the park sent his condolences to the family and friends.

I am really sad this happened to this kid. He probably didn't even know he had a heart condition. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Snoo

The Legend
Sad.. my condolences to the family.

As oriolat said.. sad thing he probably don't know.. which is how it happens most of the time.

Aww that's so terrible how things like this happen.. And as everyone said he probably wasn't even aware, and when it's something this sudden it makes it so much more of a terrible blow to the family.

Poor guy and poor family.. Thoughts go out to them.

Martyn B

CF Legend
You never understand how hard it is to loose someone so young and close to you, until it actually happens, and it hurts hard, real hard.

And this is just horrible news, my thoughts really do go out to their family and loved ones, not that it will come as any sort of conselation to loosing their child, nothing ever will :(

It also a shame because the park will get bad press, even though it wasn't their fault. Business' really can suffer with how badly the media blows things ouf of preportion. Its not a very fair way to do things.