What's new

Emerald Park News/Discussion

Matt N

CF Legend
Contrary to what seems to be the popular opinion on here, I actually think this looks great! Vekoma's newer thrill coasters look brilliant, so I'm glad to see one being built close to the UK! I'm also excited to see what Vekoma's newer take on the thrilling inverted coaster, so I'm glad that Tayto has bought one of these.

The family boomerang should be fun, too! Accelerator is great, in my opinion, so I reckon Tayto are onto a hit with these two rides!

While they're certainly not what I was expecting, these two rides should be great for Tayto's audience, and I'm sure they'll be a hit!

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm gonna admit - I'm sad the initially proposed hybrid coaster wasn't built and instead this is. Sure, it's gonna be a fun time, but I can absolutely say it wouldn't be as good as their original plan :(

Howie

Donkey in a hat
They look... slow?
The last time I checked this thread people were discussing the possibilty of duelling RMC Raptors, so naturally this comes as something of let-down. But never mind. Don't have any plans to visit the place anyway. Hate the Irish.
;)

Matt N

CF Legend
Also, it is worth remembering that this is Ireland we're talking about; besides Cu Chulainn and these two, the next largest coaster in the country is a compact version of Zamperla's spinning mouse according to RCDB, so I'm sure the Irish public will love these two rides!

Also, even when the Zierer Force coaster and these two have opened, there will still only be 9 coasters in the whole country!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Chances are though the STC will be the best coaster in Ireland, especially when we see the track profiling, preferably in the form of a POV.

Ben

CF Legend
Chances are though the STC will be the best coaster in Ireland, especially when we see the track profiling, preferably in the form of a POV.

You think this will be better than the Woodie?

Yep you’re still stupid.

Let me just say it again - they planned a looping hybrid. Do you understand what that means?!?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not too sure if a hybrid would have been the best choice to build for their second major coaster. With lots of prior knowledge of coasters, we know they're vastly different from regular woodies, but would it stand out from CuChu in the public eye? The park wouldn't want their next coaster to be known as "the same as CuChu, but it goes upside down", and with that in mind it seems reasonable that they went for something with a very different, distinct, unique visual identity.

There's also the matter of what your guests will be desiring to ride. Let's not forget the old words of wisdom from Roller Coaster Tycoon: "Hybrid Coaster1 looks too intense for me!". I don't have definite research to back me up, but I'd be willing to guess that putting an inversion on a coaster cuts a double-digit percentage off the number of people who would want to ride it. If the coaster is perceived as too scary, there goes the family segment, those who pay not only for park entry, but also for parking, food, cotton candy and merchandise. It makes sense to lay down a "stepping stone" between the 2019 family coaster and an eventual thrill machine to be built later on, rather than the opposite way round.

Sure, I personally would have appreciated a huge, looping hybrid over mid-sized inverted coaster, but I can see why the park thinks differently. Thankfully, there are plenty of other thrilling coasters to choose from in Europe.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
You think this will be better than the Woodie?

Yep you’re still stupid.

Let me just say it again - they planned a looping hybrid. Do you understand what that means?!?
I'm not to assed to be perfectly honest. I still think this ride has potential.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Now, now, Ben.

I'm not to assed to be perfectly honest. I still think this ride has potential.

Since it's obvious everyone is allowed to vocalise their opinions but not me, maybe I should just stick to posting construction updates. But even then I get :emoji_poop: from other members. Maybe it's because I'm British? I don't know. It's how I feel. Maybe I should just quit the site altogether, I'm sure that will please everyone.
You're perfectly allowed to have your opinion, but remember that other people are too. Some people won't necessarily share their opinions terribly well, but I wouldnt take it to heart.

Personally, I'd rather have seen something a little more adventurous, but I'm trying to remain realistic for Tayto, and also thinking that this might be a new model for Vekoma. Both make me think that I shouldn't be too butt-hurt, but I'd have loved an RMC closer to me than Alton!

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
It's good for the park because they get two separate rollercoasters for one too.
It only has one wooden coaster at the moment. So if you look at it from their perspective it makes a lot of commercial sense.

Whilst i'd like to see something more adventurous as has been said I would also not want to see a park fall in to a trap of splashing out on a huge thrill ride and putting themselves at risk in the process.

Slow and steady buildup has worked for them so I haven't got a big issue with what they have chosen.

Afterward they might have more confidence to go for something faster and bigger?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I actually think it looks quite intense and airtime filled! I don't see why it is getting so much hate, when the likes of Lech Coaster gets so much hype and is considered a world class coaster. I think this coaster will exceed expectations so long as it has lap bars, but I will not be surprised at all to see vests.

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
Does anyone know what this Zierer family coaster next year is going to actually look like?? I have seen no docs for it yet apparently something is under construction...

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
I actually think it looks quite intense and airtime filled! I don't see why it is getting so much hate, when the likes of Lech Coaster gets so much hype and is considered a world class coaster. I think this coaster will exceed expectations so long as it has lap bars, but I will not be surprised at all to see vests.
Most people that are hating on this may have seen the proposed plans for the hybrid coaster that could've been - which would've been absolutely incredible.

Matt N

CF Legend
What proposed hybrid plans? Are they anywhere on the internet? Not doubting anyone, but I never heard any rumours of a hybrid.