What's new

Taps

Well?

• Hot on the left and cold on the right.

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Cold on the left and hot on the right.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Lain

Giga Poster
Have you ever been to someone else's house, and when you've gone to the sink to wash your hands/brush your teeth/do the dishes/flood their house, you've turned on the wrong tap because they're the wrong way round?

Everybody knows the hot tap should be on the left and the cold tap should be on the right. Don't they...?

kimahri

CF Legend
My House, Cold on the left, hot on the right.
My sister's house, the other way around.
My aunties house, what ever way they want to be. :|

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Home: Cold left, hot right.

Work: Hot left, cold right.

#firstworldpains

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hot left. Cold right.

Anything else would be stupid.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Hot Left, Cold right, but I'm ambidextrous so I don't care ;)

spicy

Giga Poster
I'm rather partial to the all in one variety of tap where you can enjoy warm water, rather than cold or hot.

But yeah hot left cold right, I don't know who first put the taps in that order, but in that order it should remain!

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
There's no option for cold left, cold right. As it was for me at work this summer. ****.

But at home, and everywhere else I've been, hot left, cold right. The opposite is confusing.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Kitchen sink is cold left, hot right but the bathroom sink is hot left, cold right... but the bath itself is cold left, hot right... ;)

Lain

Giga Poster
Pierre said:
Kitchen sink is cold left, hot right but the bathroom sink is hot left, cold right... but the bath itself is cold left, hot right... ;)

No man can live at that speed.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've checked the four sets of taps in my house and they all are hot/left and cold/right.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've just consulted with the butler, and he has assured me that whenever he operates the gold-plated taps for me, they indeed run with the hot on the left and the cold on the right. I've made him leave his hand under the running left tap to make sure. The blistering confirms his previous analysis.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
^epic

cold left, hot right...

GOD NO?! WHAT AM I SAYING?! That would be MENTAL!

Hot on the left and Cold on the right, obviously :lol: