What's new

Take the personality test!

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I'm pretty sure that this exact topic probably exists somewhere but I couldn't find it after looking for a bit. So anyway, usually I dismiss these things as silly but at the same time I actually find the thought of sites trying to describe your personality (mainly just so I can chuckle at some of the explanations and how wrong they are). So yeah, you can take the test here and post what it came out with if you want: http://signalpatterns.com/psych_central/

Are you seeing any truth in what it says about you? Or is it all a load of ****?

Here's what it came up with for me...I think it's pretty accurate! (Especially the being careless and distracted part, urgh </3):

You are unsettled, solitary and abrasive.

Solitary

You are a private person, not very comfortable in a big group, and view excessive socializing as a waste of time. You not prefer hanging out with others to spending time alone; you do not tend to feel at home in a crowded room, club, stadium, or auditorium.

Unsettled

You may be comfortable on your home turf, but you have a tendency to be self-conscious in an unfamiliar environment. While you're usually at ease with your friends, you can be a little skittish around strangers. You usually don't feel at home in unfamiliar settings or with new people. When you get rattled, you don't necessarily recover instantly.

Abrasive

You are accustomed to rubbing people the wrong way; it's simply what happens when you express your opinions. In your opinion, there's nothing wrong with being controversial. You don't have a "live and let live" attitude when it comes to other people whose opinions clash with yours; you see no reason to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who is just plain wrong.

Inefficient

You like to live your life without plans, and when you do have a plan you're happy to ignore it. While you're not necessarily opposed to getting work done, you're very good at finding other ways to spend your time. You are not anal, or even particularly well organized. You don't enjoy sticking to your plans, and don't mind when you don't finish on time.

Impulsive

You trust your your instincts. What others may see as rash behavior is, for you, simply going with your gut. Individuals with a high score on the "impulsive" trait tend to try new, sometimes outrageous, things. You are not timid. For you, spending time microscopically examining the pros and cons of every decision means never getting anything accomplished.

Distracted

You have a lot going on in your life, which means you don't always get to things when you'd like to. You mean well, but sometimes you lose track of what you're doing, and it can take a while to find your place. The good news is that you can usually summon the will to keep going until the job is done. You don't always start a job with the utmost enthusiasm, lock in immediately on what's important, do a great job, or finish quickly.

Pessimistic

You tend to be a "glass half-empty" kind of person, which for you is simply a realistic outlook. Your feeling is that this world can be a depressing place, and only a fool would think otherwise. You do not waste your time searching for the silver lining in every cloud, nor do you believe it's your job to cheer up the people around you with happy talk.

Impassioned

You have strong opinions and high standards. When others let you down, you're not opposed to giving them a piece of your mind, even if it sometimes mean hurting their feelings. You are not necessarily a "live and let live" kind of person. You don't always make allowances for others' incompetence or allow annoyances to wash over you. You don't feel it's your job to make everyone feel relaxed and comfortable regardless of whether they've earned it.

Introspective

You like your own company; you're a very interesting person. Tracking your own mental processes, knowing what you're thinking and why you do what you do, is important to you. Often, what's going on in your mind is more compelling than what's going on outside. For the most part, those with a high score on the "introspective" trait enjoy reading, taking long walks, learning new things, and other solitary activities. You are not someone who is constantly looking to be among a group of friends; you never feel bored when you are by yourself.

Aesthetic

You appreciate art, beauty, and design; you know that they are not superficial but absolutely crucial to living the good life. You have good taste, and you're proud of it. Those with a high score on the "aesthetic" trait are often employed in literary or artistic professions, enjoy domestic activities — doing things around the house — and are enthusiastic about the arts, reading, and travel. You don't think it's pretentious to be moved by art and beauty. You're not one of those who believe it doesn't matter what something looks like as long as it does its job.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Is this one of the Scientology tests? One of those where, no matter what you answer, the result will be "you are very unhappy and possibly depressed, but that will get better if you give us all your money"?

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
A server error huh? Guess it just goes to show how brilliant that site really is. Or maybe it got shut down shortly after I found it because it's a load of **** and gives everyone the same answer!

And Pokemaniac, funny enough there was a section where it was like "WANT TO KNOW MORE? PAY $15 TO FIND OUT!!!!". Huh.

EDIT: Okay, I've fixed the link so the site should load properly now, so go ahead! Or not.

Ben

CF Legend
Apparently I'm abrasive, competitive, assertive and some other things that make me sound like I should be on the Apprentice.

Also, answering some of those made me realise just how freaking awesome I am.

"I try to outdo others and tend to put people under pressure. I know that I am better than most others."

Strongly agree.

Josh73

Giga Poster
Calm

You rarely become irritated, generally accept people as they are, take things as they come, and feel relaxed in most situations.

You do not let a minor annoyance escalate to a confrontation. You don't regularly snap at those around you or fly off the handle with little provocation.

Accessible

You're comfortable expressing yourself in words and actions, with no self-censorship. You believe that if someone doesn't like what they see it's not your problem, but theirs. A high score on the "accessible" trait suggests that you have a lot of friends, socialize often, and enjoy rap/hip-hop music.

You don't see the need to keep your thoughts to yourself, or to have a zone of privacy that encompasses only yourself and a small circle of friends and relatives.

Warm

You have a genuine interest in other people. You're a natural host, and are always thinking about how you can increase the happiness of those around you. When friends have problems or are in trouble, you're usually the first person they turn to for aid and comfort. Scoring high on the "warm" trait suggests that you are among those who enjoy domestic activities — doing things around the house — and are enthusiastic about charitable work, helping others, and making the world a better place.

You don't always say exactly what you're thinking; you don't like the idea of causing anyone pain because of your criticism.

Empathetic

You are in touch with your own feelings, which helps put you in touch with the feelings of others.

You don't buy the logic that your happiness comes ahead of everyone else's because unless you're happy you're incapable of making anyone else happy.

Aesthetic

You appreciate art, beauty, and design; you know that they are not superficial but absolutely crucial to living the good life. You have good taste, and you're proud of it. Those with a high score on the "aesthetic" trait are often employed in literary or artistic professions, enjoy domestic activities — doing things around the house — and are enthusiastic about the arts, reading, and travel.

You don't think it's pretentious to be moved by art and beauty. You're not one of those who believe it doesn't matter what something looks like as long as it does its job.

Sympathetic

You have a knack for knowing what's going on in the hearts and minds of those around you, without their having to tell you explicitly. People tend to turn to you with their problems because they know you care, and that you will likely offer good advice and a helping hand.

You do not feel that people with sad stories are just looking for attention, or have brought their problems upon themselves.

Loose

You feel that a clean, orderly desk is the sign of a person who doesn't have enough to do. Schedules and "to do" lists feel stifling; you thrive on a sense that anything goes, and know that the world won't end if you don't clean up after finishing a job.

You don't need to know that everything is in its place; it is not empowering to you to feel that the world around you is neat and organized. Mowing down every item on your "to do" list, every day, does not bring you joy.

Poised

You tend to feel at home wherever you find yourself, even in unfamiliar settings, with new people. It takes a lot to rattle you, and when rattled you recover quickly and gracefully.

You are usually not self-conscious or nervous when you're in an unfamiliar environment or with people you don't know.

Conscientious

You feel it's important to work according to a plan and finish every task, to do things correctly and thoroughly.

You are not the kind of person who abandons a project before finishing it, or slacks off when you've lost interest.

Organized

You like to think a task through before you embark on it. If it's the slightest bit complicated, you make a list (even if it's only in your mind) and methodically work your way through it. When you have a goal in mind, you're not satisfied until you reach it.

You are not one of those people who ignore the details, and you don't understand how anyone can get anything accomplished without thoughtful planning ahead of time.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Friendly

Accessible

Conscientious

Assertive

Poised

Outspoken

Unflappable

Rational

Extroverted

If I really gave a **** and didn't do it to kill time, I'd be happy with those results.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Boisterous
Uncompromising
Likeable
Lascivious

Stark
Honest
Indomitable
Trustworthy

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^But it's on a 'professional' website, furie! It's totally not automatically generated, scientists ACTUALLY read your answers and give you results! :wink:

And Ben, you should totally go on The Apprentice, you'd be all fabbbbb. Do iiiit! <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I much prefer taking the letters from the results and making a word that describes the person, I think Facapoure is a great word to describe Ian. It's dynamic, exciting and yet hides a hidden comical genius.

Ian from CoasterForce? Boy, is that guy facapoure!

kimahri

CF Legend
Loose

You feel that a clean, orderly desk is the sign of a person who doesn't have enough to do. Schedules and "to do" lists feel stifling; you thrive on a sense that anything goes, and know that the world won't end if you don't clean up after finishing a job.

You don't need to know that everything is in its place; it is not empowering to you to feel that the world around you is neat and organized. Mowing down every item on your "to do" list, every day, does not bring you joy.

Inefficient

You like to live your life without plans, and when you do have a plan you're happy to ignore it. While you're not necessarily opposed to getting work done, you're very good at finding other ways to spend your time.

You are not anal, or even particularly well organized. You don't enjoy sticking to your plans, and don't mind when you don't finish on time.

Impulsive

You trust your your instincts. What others may see as rash behavior is, for you, simply going with your gut. Individuals with a high score on the "impulsive" trait tend to try new, sometimes outrageous, things.

You are not timid. For you, spending time microscopically examining the pros and cons of every decision means never getting anything accomplished.

Carefree

You do what you need to do, without demanding that you be perfect. The world isn't flawless and you don't feel the need to pretend that you can make it flawless in your own little way. Therefore, you don't examine everything with a microscope and are comfortable cutting yourself and others a lot of slack.

You don't need for everything you touch to turn out perfectly. You don't go looking for errors, omissions, shoddy work, or bad taste.

Original

You are constantly coming up with new ideas. For you, the world as it exists is just a jumping-off place; what's going on inside your mind is often more interesting than what's going on outside.

You don't feel that the road to success is to be a realist and stick to the program; you never stop yourself from coming up with new ideas or telling the world what you're thinking about.

Slapdash

You believe things will turn out fine even if they don't go precisely according to plan. As far as you're concerned, it's not the end of the world if a project falls short of perfection.

You don't feel compelled to dot every "i" and cross every "t."

Calm

You rarely become irritated, generally accept people as they are, take things as they come, and feel relaxed in most situations.

You do not let a minor annoyance escalate to a confrontation. You don't regularly snap at those around you or fly off the handle with little provocation.

Innovative

You come up with a lot of ideas; if one doesn't work out, there's always another waiting in the wings. You often have interesting solutions to difficult problems. You're practically a one-person brainstorming session.

You are less interested changing the world than in dealing with things as they are. Unlike those who
spend all their time trying to solve problems, you prefer to zero in on things that work and stick with them.

Introspective

You like your own company; you're a very interesting person. Tracking your own mental processes, knowing what you're thinking and why you do what you do, is important to you. Often, what's going on in your mind is more compelling than what's going on outside. For the most part, those with a high score on the "introspective" trait enjoy reading, taking long walks, learning new things, and other solitary activities.

You are not someone who is constantly looking to be among a group of friends; you never feel bored when you are by yourself.

Arbitrary

You believe life can be fairly random, and trying to impose a tight little grid on it is a waste of time - your conclusion: relax. Things will work out (or not). No need to get ultra-logical about everything.

You do not believe that everything has a logical explanation or that every problem has a logical solution.

I am sooooo Liicosciia. I think the best thing about this is making up words like furie did. :3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yours sounds like some kind of phlegm loosening liquid... Again, quite accurate ;)

I've tried it, but the thing is, well, I posted above what I thought of it.

Questions like:
"I'm the type of person who looks on the bright side of life. I feel comfortable with myself. "
Well, the two points are unrelated. I actually don't look on the bright side of life. I'm a cynic and a sceptic and I always look for the problems before I look at the benefits.

I am perfectly comfortable with myself and the way I am, I think it's an attitude a lot more people should have :p

Same here:
"I usually leave a mess in my room with my belongings lying around. I dislike routines and don't do things by the book. "

I live by routines and doing things by the book. I have to otherwise I'd just dither about in a constant amnesic daze. However, my room is always a mess because it isn't in any of my routines and I don't have a rule that says "keep my personal and private spaces tidy".

So the whole thing is written by idiots... Maybe there's a question about that later?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Eugh! It's even worse than I thought.

Utter sh!te said:
Upbeat

You enjoy being around others and others enjoy being around you. You have a "live and let live" attitude; because you know that no one's perfect, you are forgiving and happy to give the benefit of the doubt.

You don't feel the need to be controversial or express contrary opinions all the time. You see no reason to go around rubbing people the wrong way.

Passionate

You are in touch with your emotions, and sometimes you react before you think. The good news: you don't tamp down your feelings. The bad news: you sometimes say or do things that you later wish you could take back.

You do not live your life on an even keel; you do not go for long periods without experiencing some mood swings.

Aesthetic

You appreciate art, beauty, and design; you know that they are not superficial but absolutely crucial to living the good life. You have good taste, and you're proud of it. Those with a high score on the "aesthetic" trait are often employed in literary or artistic professions, enjoy domestic activities — doing things around the house — and are enthusiastic about the arts, reading, and travel.

You don't think it's pretentious to be moved by art and beauty. You're not one of those who believe it doesn't matter what something looks like as long as it does its job.

Understanding

You are willing to take the time to find out what's going on with other people, especially if they're in distress. You're a good listener, you don't criticize, and you offer unbiased, respectful, honest advice when it's requested. With a high score on the "understanding" trait, it is likely that you are enthusiastic about charitable work, helping others, and making the world a better place.

You don't feel the need to impose your standards on others or say things that, even though true, cause pain.

Slapdash

You believe things will turn out fine even if they don't go precisely according to plan. As far as you're concerned, it's not the end of the world if a project falls short of perfection.

You don't feel compelled to dot every "i" and cross every "t."

Curious

You like to get to the bottom of things. You're not content knowing what someone did; you want to know why they did it.

You don't simply take things as they are and move on; you're not content skimming along on the surface; you don't feel you're wasting time by digging for the meaning of things.

Solitary

You are a private person, not very comfortable in a big group, and view excessive socializing as a waste of time.

You not prefer hanging out with others to spending time alone; you do not tend to feel at home in a crowded room, club, stadium, or auditorium.

Inefficient

You like to live your life without plans, and when you do have a plan you're happy to ignore it. While you're not necessarily opposed to getting work done, you're very good at finding other ways to spend your time.

You are not anal, or even particularly well organized. You don't enjoy sticking to your plans, and don't mind when you don't finish on time.

Impulsive

You trust your your instincts. What others may see as rash behavior is, for you, simply going with your gut. Individuals with a high score on the "impulsive" trait tend to try new, sometimes outrageous, things.

You are not timid. For you, spending time microscopically examining the pros and cons of every decision means never getting anything accomplished.

Calm

Let me just take out a couple of things here...

"You enjoy being around others and others enjoy being around you. "
"You not prefer hanging out with others to spending time alone;"
------^------- Not only do the results contradict, but where did these "professionals" learn English? Or proof reading, I guess that they're excused because their test said:

"You don't feel compelled to dot every "i" and cross every "t." "

As I answered the questions, I could see the possible conflict. It's okay, it's designed for people who believe things like horoscopes so they probably see the system as clever and accurate. Idiots in other words... Ooops
"You don't feel the need to impose your standards on others or say things that, even though true, cause pain."

The important bit though...
Upbeat, Passionate, Aesthetic, Understanding, Slapdash, Curious, Solitary, Inefficient, Impulsive, Calm

Upauscsiic - A caustic attitude towards faux psychological tests posted initially a simple means for some light hearted fun; a killjoy and cynic draining the fun out of people's lives.

Will

Strata Poster
Apparently I'm passionate, volatile and stressed out.
I'd disagree with one of those...
Other personality traits on sale from Will today include: solitary, abrasive, pragmatic, reckless, unsettled, pessimistic and RASH. Again, I like some of those...
willogram.jpg

I also make quite a pretty diagram. Tender? WTF...

nadroJ

CF Legend
Abrasive

You are accustomed to rubbing people the wrong way; it's simply what happens when you express your opinions. In your opinion, there's nothing wrong with being controversial.

You don't have a "live and let live" attitude when it comes to other people whose opinions clash with yours; you see no reason to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who is just plain wrong.

Creative

You are good at solving problems, coming up with original ideas, and seeing connections between things, connections that most other people miss. People with a high score on the "creative" trait often are employed in such fields as finance and scientific research, and enjoy avant garde and classical music as well as literary fiction and scholarly non-fiction.

You do not shun abstractions and concepts in favor of the concrete and tangible.

Intellectual

You are thoughtful, rational, and comfortable in the world of ideas. People find you interesting to talk to. You're the living embodiment of the saying "You learn something new every day." In general, those with a high score on the "intellectual" trait are employed in such fields as teaching and research, and are enthusiastic about reading, foreign films, and classical music.

You do not avoid abstract conversation, experimenting with new ideas, or studying new things. It bores you to stick to the straight and narrow of what you already know.

Assertive

You behave in a confident and forceful manner, take charge of the situation, raise your hand in class, stand up for what you think is right, and lead others. Among those who have a high score on the "assertive" trait, many have jobs in which they are valued for their organizational skills as well as their talent for supervising others.

You are not interested in fading into the woodwork, leaving everything to fate, taking more time than necessary to accomplish a task, or avoiding confrontation.

Organized

You like to think a task through before you embark on it. If it's the slightest bit complicated, you make a list (even if it's only in your mind) and methodically work your way through it. When you have a goal in mind, you're not satisfied until you reach it.

You are not one of those people who ignore the details, and you don't understand how anyone can get anything accomplished without thoughtful planning ahead of time.

Optimistic

You are a "glass half-full" kind of person, always on the lookout for the silver lining. Your happiness is contagious, which is why others like to be around you.

You do not feel that the world is an intrinsically depressing place; you are not the kind of "realist" who thinks that only fools find joy in life.

Innovative

You come up with a lot of ideas; if one doesn't work out, there's always another waiting in the wings. You often have interesting solutions to difficult problems. You're practically a one-person brainstorming session.

You are less interested changing the world than in dealing with things as they are. Unlike those who spend all their time trying to solve problems, you prefer to zero in on things that work and stick with them.

Astute

You are a quick study. You generally don't need to have things explained to you more than once. When presented with a problem, you will often have an instant understanding of where to look for the solution.

You do not take your sweet time when presented with a new task to complete or problem to solve. You don't avoid assignments that require you to learn new skills.

Irritable

You have your own problems to deal with, and little patience for those who need help to get through the rough spots. Going out of your way to lend a hand not only takes time away from your own pursuits, it ultimately harms those you're "helping" by insulating them from the harsh realities of life.

You don't need to help others to feel better about yourself. It's not your ambition to be known as a major bleeding heart.

Authoritative

You have found that others will often do what you want them to do, without significantly pushing back. You've also discovered that many people will accept harsher criticism from you than they would take from anyone else. Many of those with a high score on the "authoritative" trait hold leadership positions in industry.

You do not want to be in the position of always being told what to do. You don't choose to avoid a confrontation if, through confrontation, you could get your way.

Sounds about right, I'm a pushy, relentless, heartless bitch. I especially like the part about not seeing the point in helping others and being confrontational <3 I'm usually pretty sceptical about this stuff but this is pretty spot on.

Will

Strata Poster
There's an irritable option, and I didn't get it?
Conclusive proof that there's something up with that test, that's one of my defining features! And what the hell does being 'accessible' and 'arbitrary' make me anyway!?
Stupid Cambridge...

Ben

CF Legend
Will said:
Tender? WTF...

Why am I reminded of that part in Red Dwarf when they're loading Rimmer's personality back into him, and they start loading up something like charm, and it zooms in on a tiny part of his little finger and loads. I imagine if we were downloading you Will, it'd be a similar situation with tender.