What's new

SW8

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Today the map for Alton Towers has been released and of course Blade is not on the map. Strange, I think not this is the removal of Blade for Secret Weapon 8. The Planning Application will go out very very soon and will be reviewed whenever with the immediate start of construction Ie groundwork and other stuff. All I know is it will go through gloomy wood and will be a Worlds First and unfortunately I can not say manufacturer or what the ride type will be.

So discuss away.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Clearly the less and less aptly names "Secret Weapons"? :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
All signs point to RMC. I'm more interested in the theme than anything. Hopefully it will be more fitting the Forbidden Valley than bloody Air.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
^Erm less of the Air hate please.

Yeah RMC it'll be. Wonder which world first they'll launch it with though. Hopefully relaunch our views on what Merlin can do. But still. Really exciting stuff lies ahead (well, 2 years ahead, I'd guess anyway) for Staffordshire's best theme park.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
^I think you'll find that Drayton is Stafforshire's best theme park. :wink:

I think RMC in the valley, which I've said before. Probably world's first launched woodie, knowing Alton. Either that or a launched B&M Wing Coaster, even though I have absolutely no factual basis for that to happen. :)

Oh and I see you've hinted at the 'launched' thing again!

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Also, sorry for double posting, but how do you (jj23w) KNOW those details about the new coaster? I'm asking this, because generally with Alton's major projects, only senior management know about the details this early on.

EthC

Mega Poster
Please stop it with the "I know something you don't as I have contacts but I cant tell you anything or where I got it from" rubbish, its just really annoying, rumours are fine but that is just annoying, also how would anybody know (unless very high up) what a new development would be so early into a project that isn't meant to be open till 2017 at the earliest, its just a shame they are getting rid of blade so early as it means even less filler rides in the park now, its not like submission where that ride was definitely not going to operate again, it just sounds like what they were going to do with Enterprise in terms of The Smiler, which is a shame, I hope the rumours of an RMC are true though, that would be a sick addition to the park, although im not putting my money on anything at the moment. :--D

Smithy

Strata Poster
Can confirm my contacts have told me that your contacts are guff and in reality you're just posting rumours that are already well-known within enthusiast circles.

It's like when someone gets a job as a summer ride op and suddenly think they've been given secret access to the 10 year development plan that definitely wouldn't be kept for the private viewing of a select few board members.

Never been fussed on an RMC purely from the looks of it, but then have never ridden a decent woodie either. Any new coaster of a decent scale is a bonus though, and I've seen the RMC hype so I would be excited for one.

Between Ian's tweet and Jordan's post I'm convinced that several people on here know full well what this well-sourced rumour is and are playing it coy. You sly so and so's.

Ethan

Strata Poster
jj23w said:
It's a woodie just not RMC. It'll be a well known woodie manufacturer. The plans will be out soon and a few things I have said will be in it.

I'm quoting this for when you and your "sources" are wrong haha.

Temleh

Mega Poster
Guys this is definitely being manufactured by Blackpool Pleasure Beach Leisure Ltd. It'll be a clone of the Southport Cyclone. Heard it hear first.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It'll be RMC. Sorry jj23w, but you've recently got a job as a ride op; you're not privy to that kind of information. Other ride ops, or even middle management at this early stage, aren't "sources".

A Forbidden Valley site behind Air and taking in Blade has been earmarked for a coaster for years.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Actually Gavin I've not only just become a Ride Op. The Operations which Rides comes under finds out a lot more than you think.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Jordan, stop whilst your ahead, you have no idea about any of Altons plans for the next Secret Weapon. You say you have contacts but can't name theme, I'm sure your "contacts" wouldn't be happy with you releasing all their secret plans.