What's new

SW7 alton towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexAVFC96

Roller Poster
i have heared that there is going to be a secret weapon 7 at alton towers and it is what john wardley has always wanted. so this could mean that it is a wooden coaster. i have also heared that he has design several wooden coasters. this will be new for 2013. has anyone else heared this rumour?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
In my opinion SW7 was Thirteen anyway considering SW6 was the woodie that was never built...

But yeah, this rumour has nothing going on with it... Move along guys, move along...

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Since you mention the old woodie rumours, this is quite a good vid;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URTIRbqfTqc[/youtube]

*disclaimer: I know this isn't happening anymore. Butt ..it would have been 'MAZIN!

Waffleman

Mega Poster
^Damn, I've never seen that before, I thought it would be good but that looks incredible, would've been interesting to see how they would've themed it, too. I can't imagine AT just saying "IT'S A WOODIE!"

jayjay

Giga Poster
Unless it's from a reputable news source, then it's very unlikely to have any truth to it. Alternatively, if you can find a website that has that story on it, then there would be more possibility that this is true. But rumours like these pop up all the time, mostly because people want a wooden valley coaster at Alton Towers. It doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
If these rumours were true, Alton would have 50 woodies and 20 valley coasters :lol:

JW has said he has designed 6 woodies in total for Alton, but none of them have gone through. He also said on Thriteen's opening day that they don't know what the next SW will be but are hoping to have a decision in June/July. All other SWs have been opened every 4 years (apart from 2006 when the management was at it's worst and they just didn't bother with anything and just got an off the shelf launch coaster the year before), so I'm expecting it in 2014 with X-Sector getting some attention and Dark Forest to be developed further.

Sharpy_2010

Roller Poster
They are saying that it is to be built in the valleys, and they are calling it a 'wooden valley coaster'. I'm a bit disappointed really.

Status
Not open for further replies.