What's new

Suggest names for Adventure Island's new drop tower

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
[tweet]http://twitter.com/Adv_Island/status/560112564848193536[/tweet]
I love it when parks ask for input. Or they probably already have a name in mind but want to engage people [/cynical]

Anyway, any good suggestions?

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Tower of Despair?
Tower of Meh?
Tower of Disappointment?
**** Tower of ****?
The Bloody Awful Drop?

[/CynicalAlso]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cannon Ball Drop
Crow's Nest Plunge
Port Bow Plummet
Pirate's Plunge
"Walk The Plank!"
Midship Mayhem
Davy Jones' Dive

... hmmmm, I better hop onto Twitter!

Darren B

Giga Poster
jj23w said:
The Drop Tower can be called this park has not got good staff the ride.

I found the staff at Adventure Island to be some of the best in the UK. Polite, friendly, fun and enthusiastic. Can I suggest that you maybe stay away from attacking a premises and it's staff because they turned you down for a job? It makes you appear bitter. Of course, that's just a suggestion :)

As for the ride name - I can't better any of Hyde's suggestions. He's come up with a few very suitable names.

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
peep said:
^They do. So they must be getting a new one? Or are they just rebranding it?

It's a new one that will be located in Adventure Inside which is an Indoor Fun Park they're constructing currently. This is just one of five new rides that'll feature in there (a Gallopers Carousel, Smiles Per Galleon Swinging Pirate Ship, Bouncing Buggies and a classic Choo Choo Train) along with one of the regions biggest soft play centres and other activities. I believe the idea is that this operates pretty much all year round, and then when the park is open it just opens up as an extension to the park and is included in the wristband price.

Given that it's targeting the soft play centre market, I wouldn't expect anything too thrilling to feature inside it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
jj23w said:
The Drop Tower can be called this park has not got good staff the ride.
That's crap. AI's staff are some of the best I've ever encountered. They really get involved and have fun with the guests. Like Darren said, you might not like the backroom staff after they rejected your job application, but to group the ride ops in the bad camp is wrong.

It's fair to say that AI like quirky names so something silly but suitable is probably what they are after.

Mast Blast?
Ship Ahooooooy!

I need more coffee.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I too am in the "AI staff are actually very good" camp... One of the few times I've gone to Guest Services for a feedback form to send back positive stuff...

As for the Drop Tower, it's a shame it's not one of the fab little Zierer ones is all I have to really say on it...

Adv_Island

Roller Poster
Hyde said:
Cannon Ball Drop
Crow's Nest Plunge
Port Bow Plummet
Pirate's Plunge
"Walk The Plank!"
Midship Mayhem
Davy Jones' Dive

... hmmmm, I better hop onto Twitter!

Those are some really great suggestions! Be sure to tweet them to us along with #AdventureInside

Regarding our staff, they are our "Stars" and we're glad their hard work and enthusiasm has been noted. I'll pass on those comments to our department managers to relay to them. :)

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Oh my gosh, an actual theme park verified account? I really like that idea and that is really fab.

Back on topic ;)

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I was thinking if this as a name which I think is pretty good The Plank of Doom. With a storyline that consists of walking along the plank, going up and spinning round, the drop parts would be the sudden drop part.

3Dimensions

Mega Poster
*censored* plunger
Generic drop ride number 3
Drop the Deck
Sarfend Screamer (tends to be the East Anglian pronunciation of Southend)
Kiddi Dropsta

Don't know what people are saying about the AI staff, it has been my local park forever (apart from these past few months, during uni term time anyway) and every time that I have been they have always been really nice and helpful (bar one or two people, but all of the staff were absolutely fantastic the last time I visited (May 2014).