What's new

Straight, Curved or Twisty?

D1993

Hyper Poster
I was just wanting to know what the majority of people thought about this.

I was thinking about the type of drop I liked the best and how there are some different sorts. For example Goliath at SFMM, Bizarro at SFNE and SROS at SFA all have straight drops. Once it hits its steepest degree of descent it continues straight. I really like the feeling of these drops as it feels more like you're accelerating down and faster, but you still get that bit of airtime at the top.

Then of course theres rides like all the B&M Hypers which drops are curved. Theres no straight bit, its just constant curve, until it straights out at the bottom. The most amazing things with these drops is that it just feels like youre being sucked into a black hole. Ie Millennium Force, Intimidator 305, El toro. The feeling of airtime is just :O
Then again I still like the straight ones.

And lastly theres the twisty ones, like Pepsi Max Big One, Dominator, Expedition GeForce and the new B&M Invert at Parc Asterix. The feel of these and the lateral pull I just love. Generally theres not much airtime, but some are loaded with it. I feel like these are the most unique drops and work really well with all looping sorts of coasters.

Anyways I was just thinking about which one I liked best and I really couldnt quite define it! I love them all, But I think I like the curved drops the best.
Out of the three, which one is your favorite?

A

Anonymous

Why not make a poll in the "Opinions and Polls" section. But I'll take a straight drop over any of the other types any time...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Curved. Better airtime.

You get a nice feeling of acceleration on Straight drops, and twisty ones are OK, but curved has it for me.

[Also, moved to Polls and Opinions]

A

Anonymous

^ You don't get any airtime on a curved drop??
Not anything I have experienced on one anyway...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^That's according to his definition. According to him, this is a straight drop:
7lpu002u1a0lc0os0c502c.jpg

This is a curved drop:
ln0am0cc5loc89q000f250.jpg

And this is a twisty drop:
83bd000nh2g5b0660d601g.jpg

It's just a bit of an odd definition.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Snoo said:
Wait.. huh?
Yeah, I think it's a bit retarded too. I can kinda see his point, but the naming seems a bit odd. Like I said though:

Drops like Goliath's: Nice feeling of acceleration and speed, but little in the way of airtime
Drops like Diamondback's: Best for airtime
Drops like Batman's: Not sure about these, they're fun, but not as much at the others.

Snoo

The Legend
Well only Diamondbacks is any good of those examples.. so the 'straight' drop sucks tbh.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It's twisty according to his system... :roll:

Oh... and it's not. ;)

Snoo

The Legend
Meh.. PMBO is an undersized Arrow Millennium Force.. with an equal amount of retarded fanboys. ;)

A

Anonymous

He also states that the RoS coasters have straight drop, but they are in reality as curved as any B&M??
Really strange definitions indeed...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Snoo said:
Meh.. PMBO is an undersized Arrow Millennium Force.. with an equal amount of retarded fanboys. ;)
MF is a pile of crap, though and no one seems to like Big One except me! Lol. If anything has a similar first drop to EGF. In fact, they are very similar. Except EGF is overrated. And Big One is AMAZING.<3

Arrow<3

Colossus

Giga Poster
I dont really understand the definitions here either so iam going st say my favorite drops are PMBO and Nemesis.