What's new

Stoned Fruit

How do you tackle stoned fruit

• Chomp through until it can be prised from the flesh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cut it out with a knife (slice and twist method)

• Eat down until it will fit in my gob, then chew the flesh off

• Eat as much flesh as I can, but leave it attached to the stone

• I avoid stoned fruit like the plague

• Other... Please post...

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was just reading the latest Thorpe topic while eating a nectarine, when this poll came to me from the mysterious ether...

How do you tackle eating a stoned fruit*?

Personally, I always bite into it across the flat side of the stone (you can usually tell which sides the "joins" are on the stone). I'll get half way down, then prise the stone out with my teeth. You do need the correct level of firmness though. Too much and the flesh just isn't yielding, too little and the flesh oozes and drips onto the desk. You generally have to play it by ear a little, and sometimes a lot of stone circumnavigational gnawing is in order before it's extracted.

So, are you a priser? A cutter? An "all in one stone removal in mouth manipulator"? Or do you have some other personal way of dealing with the stone?

*Please note this is a very different question to "how do you tackle a fruit, stoned"

nealbie

CF Legend
Eats, Shoots and Leaves etc etc :lol:

If the stoned fruit is small, it will be inserted in its entirety and grinded down until it's hard ;)

Larger ones will be met with the expert precision of my knife, as the stoned nature of the fruit shall be surgically removed from the nomness :)

Richard's answer to this would be "I treat my fruit like the noise pollution by-laws of Cambridge... with little to no thought/respect!"

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah, an opportunity for innuendo.

I like bite down one side until I reach the nut before praising it out with my teeth, allowing me to thoroughly enjoy what's lets of the fleshy goodness.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I picked the fourth option 'cause it seemed closest to what I do.

Peaches are really the only fruit with stones that I eat. So, for peaches, I usually just eat all the flesh around the stone until I'm left with just the stone, which I then proceed to throw away.

Exciting stuff, eating fruit. :p

jayjay

Giga Poster
I usually do option 1. The only exception to that is when I eat cherries, in which case I put them in my mouth and spit out the stone.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Well, yeah. You'd have to have a MASSIVE gob to fit a nectarine in! Only Cherrie Blair could manage that.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Swallow it whole. Yaaayyy!

Nah, I usually eat half of it, pry out the stone, then eat the second half.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I usually sort of work my way slowly round the stone and then just leave the few bits that are attached to the stone. To be honest, I don't like stoned fruits that much, I can think of much nicer, much less effort requiring fruits.

(Oranges are the absolute worst fruit ever btw)