What's new

Steel Retracking

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
What they did to Texas Giant was sick.
Mean Streak is known to be EPIC when the trim brakes are turned off so I wonder, what If they retracked it steel and pulled the trims?

Same for Ghostrider and I think Boulderdash, as sick as it is, would be badass with a steel track (i haven't rode since they replaced the wood with newer wood)

Are there any other rides that you think RMC should retrack after that awesome job on Texas Giant?

Intricks

Strata Poster
SoB obligatory post. Ummm....Blue Streak at Conneaut, Shivering Timbers, Beast....only ones that I think would benefit from it tbh.

Switching between the hideouts'...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
SoB won't get it, they unofficially officially said it is done.

Iron Horse is truly an amazing concept, with topper track being amazing as well. As far as I see it, Rocky Mountain Coasters are the future of coasters. You will see classics get at least topper track as it makes ride smooth, and in the worst case scenarios for rides that are unbearable, Iron Horse. Colossus at SFMM is rumored to get the next Iron Horse, possibly turning it into one giant coaster yet still keeping the racing aspect. From there, it's really anyones guess though, I bet Mean Streak will get Topper, Beast they want to keep "pure" but personally I would love to see what they could do with some topper. Silverwood has it on one of their coasters, or both not sure, and were the first ones to get it.

I truly would like to see RMC do their own from scratch coaster, and just pray it won't turn into another X for Alan Schilke and this company because the sky is the limit for these guys, well Schilke is the limit.

Zero G roll will happen with these guys though, either Iron Horse or their own model.

Sunfury

Roller Poster
Agreed on Shivering Timbers. Don't get me wrong, ST is excellent, but I can see it being a lot more than what it is after a steel re-track.

Snoo

The Legend
Thekingin64 said:
^It is a steel hybrid, not a steel coaster.

Or, basically, a steel coaster. Just because it has wooden supports doesn't make it a non steel.. ie Gemini.

As for Beast.. shhh.. that is dynamite wooden. You shut your mouth to ruin such beauty.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Snoo said:
Or, basically, a steel coaster. Just because it has wooden supports doesn't make it a non steel.. ie Gemini.
As for Beast.. shhh.. that is dynamite wooden. You shut your mouth to ruin such beauty.
Yes, a steel hybrid is a type of steel coaster.
Amen: the Beast is the best coaster in the world to ride at night

Intricks

Strata Poster
I didnt mean that it has to be done, but could benefit from it. Beast is amazing, gives you a mean streak type ride from the first lift, and the second lift fixes it! Seriously though, the howling it could get with topper track and going through those woods would be epic :) To me at least.

Also, last I heard, GG had looked into and havent said anything official on it though. It is still speculation at this point. If they were to pull it off, then KI would be on the map wooden coaster wise, but inowing Kinzel and his baby, he wouldnt want outsiders to know about Kings Island (competition for guests in ohio) so he will probably gut it for no reason. Glad that **** is leaving....honestly hope he dies.

Switching between the hideouts'...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^Um, Kinzel is pretty much half-way out the door at CedarFair these days.

Also, not sure why he ever had such a hard-on for CP over the later accessions, Kinzel grew up in the company from ValleyFair before the Point and the Valley merged/bought each other out.

Intricks

Strata Poster
He is still able to make decisions til January of 2012 when the new guy steps in, or at least that is what I remember....so yea, he can still be a complete douche

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Meanstreak retrakced would be ill, as would topper.
Those overbanks on TG were just so dope, Schilkie is still my favorite designer.

but if im not mistaken, didn't Cyclone at SFNE get topper? It was so damn smooth it felt like a steel coaster, and the track looked like topper to me.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
dropthefloor93 said:
but if im not mistaken, didn't Cyclone at SFNE get topper? It was so damn smooth it felt like a steel coaster, and the track looked like topper to me.

What alternate universe did you ride the Cyclone at SFNE in where it was smooth?

Xpress

Strata Poster
Doubt GhostRider would be better with new steel track. The charm of it is the roughness it already has.