What's new

Stealth:what is scarier

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The queue for it [/start of endless jokes about how rubbish Thorpe/Stealth is] :p

Honestly, I've only done it a handful of times, but none of it scared me. I do think it's a buzz though :)

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well if it's your first launch coaster then probably the anticipation for the launch is the scariest part but I don't find either scary but like furie says it gives off a great buzz. I haven't been on Stealth yet but have been on Kingda Ka and the top hat isn't anything to worry about.

herbinator

Mega Poster
Thanks

Thanks for that but my dilema is that I'm scared of heights and have never been on a launch coaster. I'm going on it any way but I want to know what to prepare myself for.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
The point before the launch would probally be the most 'scary' part. Just waiting there will build the tension. Once your off theres nothing to worry about. Theres bugger all to the ride!!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Thanks

herbinator said:
Thanks for that but my dilema is that I'm scared of heights and have never been on a launch coaster. I'm going on it any way but I want to know what to prepare myself for.

I find once I'm strapped tightly into those restraints, height isn't an issue. You're too snuggly fixed into the train to worry about it, and it's all over so quickly. Your adrenaline is pumping so hard from the launch, you miss the rest of the ride.

Emmett

Giga Poster
You are up and down the top hat so quickly that you don't really have time to notice the height. I'm scared of heights too and didn't really find it a problem, unlike going up a slow lift hill which I find much scarier.

I was more nervous too on the launch first time.

nealbie

CF Legend
I'd personally rather Stealth was the other way round to be honest. I mean, who wants to get an overview of Thorpe? :roll:

But no, launch is fun and sometimes surprisingly forceful. The tophat as I say is most disappointing, mostly due to the view.