Stealth VS Rita

• Stealth

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Rita

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Two major Intamin accelerators in the UK. Which one of these rockets is better. Please vote only if you rode both coasters. This is very important to give unbiased ratings. Feel free to comment no matter whether you have ridden Stealth/Rita or not.

stevewalsh

Roller Poster
There both quite Different sensations, Rita is a lot longer in length!
But Stealth is amazing going from 0-80 then straight into a 5g vertical curve, and over the top, then a vertical oblivion type drop, and then insane airtime, and the most intense brake run ever!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmmmm... It's a tricky one really as they're both pretty different coasters.

Stealth is an awesome blast of a ride; "Wham, bam, you're done". Rita is kind of "Off we go, lalalala, weeeeeee, round and round, stop"...

Certainly for me, Rita is the more fun of two, but Stealth the more exciting. I'd be happy to queue an hour or more for Stealth as the buzz at the end of it would make it worthwhile. I'd queue 30 minutes tops for Rita to find it worthwhile, so I'm going to go for Stealth, purely on queuetime worthwhilability! :)

c&r

Mega Poster
Stevewalsh, can you actually provide a source for that 5G? RCDB has it listed as 4.5G, and RCDB always knows best :p.

I don't want to comment about the actual rides, as I think they both suck, but if I actually state that there will be 10 pages of Thorpe + Rita fanboys saying: "U HVNT EVEN RIDAN STELF YET11111" and "RITA IS TH SEXXX LYKKKK".

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Freaking hell. Since I woke up, I'm thinking about Stealth. I can't get rid of this. I remember my trip to Alton Towers last year and I was very excited. Although Rita is lacking of airtime in my opinion, maybe because I rode Expedition GeForce, Goliath and Colossos (Heide Park) the launch was incredible. Judgining by opinions and stats I'm sure Stealth has even better launch. Stealth could be the very first ride of mine for this year and I know a couple months of break is not good to give unbiased, fair rating, but anyway I remember Rita too well enough, especially the launch. Since the launch could be better on Stealth the only thing I can't really imagine is whether top hat is fun or not and the bunny hop. It is very possible that Stealth will be a better ride in my opinion. I hope the quelines will be short and the weather will be good because this is something I'm afraid of, not the ride itself. :) I assume the q-line won't be long, especially the SRQ.

Angel

Hyper Poster
I was waiting for this poll to appear.

Everyone knows my love of Rita. Stealth I was full of adrenaline when I came off the ride but that was the launch. That launch packs a punch and then the good bits over.

Rita, sleek twists and turns at a good speed .... orgasmix :D

Rita gets my vote. I cant stand stealth having ridden it twice.

stevewalsh

Roller Poster
C&R im just saying it feels like 5g's 0.5 of a G less dosnt make much difference.
But the only way you could accuratley compare the two rides, would be to ride both in one day, which unless your michael schumacher of own a helicopter you caouldn't possibly do it.
Also Hales its nice to know Rita causes Orgasmic sensations!

kir

Hyper Poster
Stealth is good fun, but I expected a lot more from it to be honest. The most it has going for it is the airtime, which it does have a lot of. Across tophat and airtime hill alike, my bum didn't touch the seat at all.

The launch shocked me - and not in a good way. I expected to be blown off my feet and I expected to be shaking for 20 minutes after riding, if it happened to me on Rita I assumed it would happen on Stealth. But it never did. In my opinion the extra 20mph than Rita is unnoticable. The height doesn't add anything, when I was at the front I found myself keeping my eyes on the track as it folded away beneath me, and from the back I just watched the train ahead.

Meh, I wouldn't queue over 45 minutes for it at the moment.

I never got that rush off it that I got the first time I rode Rita. I suppose I'm having "Nemesis" syndrome here - I refuse to adapt to the sister of an original ride because I'm too attached to the original.

I much prefer Rita, the atmosphere is much better, there's more meat on the bone.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
5 g's my eye, Magnum Force pulled that on a good day (a very good day), Stealth would be around four at maximum.

However, Im riding Stealth in three weeks, going to London (well, near enough) with work so Im calling in on the way home with work people - I'll comment then, but I do think the rides are TOTALLY different in their approach to thrill seekers and ride type, having ridden two Stealth - esque rides I can comfortably say that, and I think I'll be sticking to it.

But the only way you could accuratley compare the two rides, would be to ride both in one day, which unless your michael schumacher of own a helicopter you caouldn't possibly do it.

Rubbish, its a two hour drive maximum, at Alton Towers for opening time, priority pass it onto Rita then head south to Thorpe Park, arrive for a late lunch then straight onto Stealth - piece o cakey wakey!

Clearly I havn't ridden either, so I won't vote, but I do think Stealth would be the better of the 2, seeing as it's a mini TTD, and I can kind of relate to the ride experience through a coaster I've been on. It also has a way more intense launch than Rita, and a vertical drop. You really can't beat that!

kir

Hyper Poster
^ Neither of which add to the ride.

In my opinion the launch is no more intense than Rita's, and the vertical drop is over before you know it.

Ben

CF Legend
'Tis only three hours max Steve with my Dad driving, so...

I haven't been on Stealth yet, but I do think it'll take something special to beat Rita. It may have it, it may not. IMO, Stealth will either rock me socks and be my favourite ride ever, or totally blow.

stevewalsh

Roller Poster
Stealth is unique unless your planning to go to Japan anytime soon UC.
And also xcellerator is different to Stealth, as it has high banked turns, whils Stealth has Airtime and lots of it!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Did anyone else find that Rita's launch has far more BAM than Stealth's? Stealth certainly feels faster, but it seems to gradually build up and then push just before it accends. Rita seems to just blast right into it's top speed instantly.

I'm gunna have to go with Stealth, because the area around Rita makes me want to cry and the look of a ride has high importance to me. Also, Rita's launch impact wore off third time, Stealth's didn't. Maybe that's somthing to do with the blast off the end of the launch? I loved the tophat. It was nice to go on somthing taller than i'm used too. Eveyrhting at AT is getting a bit samey with the height restrictions, in a weird way. I loved the airtime hill, the speed and the airtime. I LOVE what they've done with Stealth. I hope that doesn't wear off.

I'm not going to vote until i've made up my mind a little better. But i can't see Stealth being knocked off.

kir

Hyper Poster
I don't know, I haven't been on Expedition GeForce, but I'll try and explain Stealth's drop and see what you make of it...

Basically, even if you are on front row, but the time the car has gone over The Edge, it starts twisting, and by the time it finishes twisting, it's leveling out. The twist totally takes away the feeling of dropping 205ft, which is a terrible shame. I get the feeling if the drop would have been a non-twisty affair it would have been much better.