Which flog lume is better?

• Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Splash Mountain

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Mike

Giga Poster
Often regarded as two of the best log flumes in the world, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls and Splash Mountain are must-dos for any complete visit to both Islands of Adventure and Magic Kingdom.

But which one is better?

Dudley Do-Right's
4399390541_030694da38_o.jpg

Splash Mountain
splash-mountain-walt-disney-world-6406.jpg

nadroJ

CF Legend
I think probably at a push Splash Mountain, but I put that down to nostalgia value and being familiar with the storyline and characters moreso than Do-Right's. I also preferred the California Splash to Orlando's, is there any actual difference in layout?

Darren B

Giga Poster
I've been on Splash Mountain several times and really enjoyed, in fact only Valhalla beats it in the flume stakes for me.

I haven't been on DDR but I'm positive I would enjoy it more than SM, I've heard really positive reviews on it and it's amazingly themed, and.. It's not at Disney! Disney is DISGUSTAN <//3

marc

CF Legend
For me Splash Mountain is easily better due to the theming. The whole thing is just stunning and you don't feel you are on it for near enough 15 mins.

Like Jordan I preferred the one in California, I'm sure it had an extra drop inside. There was something different about it and not just the boats.

I find the other one really bland and tbh boring. Yes the drop is better but other than that there is nothing to it. It could be due to the fact I don't have a clue what it's about and the story does not come across at all.

The last trip we went on it was cold yet we done Splash Mountain and skipped DDR.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Can't say anything about the ride experience itself, since I've been on neither, but I think Splash Mountain looks a lot prettier.

Mike

Giga Poster
^ I've always thought that Dudley looks far more impressive from the view of the main drop.

I'll have to go for Splash Mountain as well, though. Even though Dudley looks better and everything feels cleaner and fresher on it, Splash gives the better overall experience and immerses you into the ride better.

I never noticed a lot of difference between the California and Florida Splashes.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Splash Mountain

I didn't fall in love with Dudley like Splash Mountain. It was fun and had a great drop, but I thought Splash Mountain had more character. I really loved the songs and just enjoyed it more. Dudley had its funny moments and some charm, but Splash Mountain just had more charm and immersed you into the ride.

I certainly prefer Disneyland. It just seemed better in every way (even the boats/logs)

Hutch

Strata Poster
I really like both, but I think I'll have to give it to Dudley. The theming on both is great (I actually like Splash Mt's theming more), but Dudley Do Right was more thrilling (and wet). Also, I remember Dudley traveling pretty fast the entire way!

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Mike said:
^ I've always thought that Dudley looks far more impressive from the view of the main drop.

I agree, the drop looks more impressive, but I think Splash Mountain looks more magical and the theming looks prettier.