What's new

Speed Monster

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Found this picture on RCDB, and obviously its in early stages of testing, but just why has it got 2 trains?
p15216.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
You don't need the whole train for the pull through. You'll find this happening on almost all coasters.

Ben

CF Legend
They're doing the "pull-through", they're not actually testing it in the "normal" sense of the word. They slowly drag it through, checking for bumps etc.

They like to do it with two. Why, I don't know. But, it always seems to be two.

Ollie

CF Legend
When they pull the train through do they have special things on the wheels to stop it running away when it descends? Or does the crane (or whatever they use) just pull it up each incline and let it roll?

Peter

Hyper Poster
I guess the reason for using 2 cars for the pull through is that:

1) Pulling a complete train through is unnecessary, and would just make things more difficult with the extra weight and length of the train.

2) They would want to test that there is enough clearance between the cars. Having at least 2 cars on the train allows them to make sure that the cars don't hit each other and flow freely through tight elements.

Ben

CF Legend
Ollie said:
When they pull the train through do they have special things on the wheels to stop it running away when it descends? Or does the crane (or whatever they use) just pull it up each incline and let it roll?

There's something covering the rails on the left of the photos, it looks a little like someone took sellotape and wrapped it around the rails. I don't know, but, I would take a random stab at that is to stop it. It's something I've always wondered about myself, and that's the first thing I've ever seen which might be an explanation.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I've always thought that a pull through was litterally controlled by a crane from start to finish,pulling it through out the entire course,and don't they normally use some sort of cutout on the front that shows clearance issues?