What's new

Sorry if it's been done before. B&M or Intamin?

Do you prefer B&M or Intamin

• B&M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intamin

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Not sure

• What a stupid topic!!!

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I'm really sorry if this has been done before, B&M or Intamin? I prefer B&M myself.

Well, it's really a tough choice for me because they're both amazing companies which make the best roller coasters in the world, in my opinion. Looking at my top 5:

Top Thrill Dragster- Intamin
Millennium Force- Intamin
Magnum- Arrow
Raptor- B&M
Wicked Twister- Intamin

So it seems that Intamin dominates my top 5, but I really still can't choose because I've been on quite a few Intamins in comparison to the amount of B&M's I have been on.

In the long run, if I had to pick one I think I would pick Intamin, just because most of the coasters I think look like the best in the world right now are made by them (Kingda, Dragster, El Toro, S:RoS, etc), and the record breaker is also Intamin.

B&M coasters are more varied though, I believe. You have flyers, Inverts, Sit Down, Floorless, Hyper and Stand up, just to name a few. Now though this is good, the layouts normally follow the same pattern, for Stand Ups, Sit Downs, Floorless and Inverted. Intamin, which makes mostly Hypers it seems, usually have quite varied layouts, despite being the same kind of ride over and over again if you get what I mean.

Looking at it on a world standpoint, on Mitch Hawkers poll the top 3 coasters are all Intamins. That's taking into consideration the whole world's opinion, and not just mine.

Thus, I think I am going to have to pick Intamin, even though B&M is a really close second.

cpdude2

Mega Poster
Yeah, It's gotta be Intamin. B&M may make more types of coasters, but Intamin's are consistantly the best in the world. Intamin goes for records, and I find them to be smoother Than B&M in most instances. Very tough call, but it's gotta be intamin.

Snoo

The Legend
I'm more of an Intamin man myself. Altho I haven't ridden many B&M's, so I can't make the TOTAL judgement just yet. Arrow is still tight tho, after all these years ;)

A

Anonymous

Intamin goes for style and records, at least that's what their called for.

B&M is quality (OK that sounds chavvy :lol: ) and makes super coasters that you remember for the rest of your life. So it's got to be B&M. Intamin is a really close second. I still haven't been on many Intamins so I guess I'm B&M bred. :p

Ben

CF Legend
B&M are better then Intamin. Intamin may make some realllll amazing coasters (S:RoS, El Toro, Rita) BUT they also come out with some real duds (Colossus, Stealth).

But, B&M are just quality through and through. Except for Air.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I prefer B+M because they look better, their smoother, more types of coasters, better capacity and reliability. And Intamin dont seem to be selling any mega/hyper/giga coasters, which are their best coasters. Does anyone knoe why? Is it because of their bad safety record and the lap bars they use ejected 2 riders mid ride on 2 differant coasters.[/quote]

Snoo

The Legend
Probebly because no one has asked for one. I don't know why they wouldn't though, considering 3 of the top 4 coasters on Earth are Intamin Mega/Hyper/Giga.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Intamin dont do lap bars any more so if they do build another one it would probally come with the same restraints as the accelerator coaster.

Jake

Strata Poster
Intamin! Purely for the mega coasters. Look how many Intamin megas are in the top ten, and how many B&M hypers, etc.

On the other hand, B&M make much better inverting coasters. But the Intamin mega coasters edge it for me!

A

Anonymous

Hmmm... Out of the ones I've ridden, I'd say B&M...

Sure, Intamin have some extremely good coasters, but they have a few **** ups too... Whereas B&M are consistently very good.. so B&M for me...

But Intamin in terms of which has the better coasters world wide...

Ben

CF Legend
Just a quick thing...

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Looking at it on a world standpoint, on Mitch Hawkers poll the top 3 coasters are all Intamins. That's taking into consideration the whole world's opinion, and not just mine.

Look at the bigger picture though.

Out of the top ten, B&M made six, Intamin made four.

Then, in the top twenty, Intamin made nine, B&M made nine as well.

Then in the top thirty, Intamin made ten, B&M made seventeen.

I'd say, going off MH's poll, it's NOT Intamin that win, it's B&M.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Definately B&M,Intamin certainly have got some decent coasters out there but seem to be plagued with problems one way or another.B&M are quite diverse with what they do,for me they are better looking,better riding and overall better designed.

A

Anonymous

I voted for not sure because I think the two are about equal. My 4 favorite coasters are Intamin, but another 4 out of my top 10 are B&M's. Plus, 2 more B&M's are in my top 15. B&M has the variety, while Intamin has the innovation. Therefore, I couldn't decide.

Kaycee

Roller Poster
Intamin are a bit shoddy if you ask me - or they can be - and they just don't seem as professional as B&M.

B&M just quietly get on with making good-quality, nice-looking, well-designed, safe coasters with overall brilliant reliability and safety records. In comparison, I think Intamin's cars are craply designed, it's like an assault course trying to get in the far seat, Intamin have a less-than-impressive safety record, many of their new coasters have lengthy periods of downtime, or they need new parts prematurely, or something goes horribly wrong.

I think Intamin are viewed as the company far more willing to push the boat out and try new things and they have made some impressive coasters, which offer some great thrills but then so do B&M - the company who designed the A.I.Rs, the Dive Machine, the inverts! They are consistent as well, and as far as I'm aware, rarely make a 'bad' ride.

I think B&M are just overall the better, more reliable company - a park buying a B&M knows they're making a good investment, but a park buying an Intamin probably should know they're asking for trouble alongside a great crowd-pulling coaster.

A

Anonymous

thats is one of the most diffucult choices ever
well intamin have designed some great rides e.g.
Top Thrill Dragster
Kingda Ka
Stealth
Millenium Force

But B&M have also designed some great rides to such as:
Oblivion ( first near vertical coaster )
Nemesis ( first inverter )
Raptor ( largest inverter out there so far )
Air ( worlds first flying coaster )

So its a hard choice but for me I say about 57% Intamin and 43% B&M

Tony

Hyper Poster
doofusmad5. First of all you got nearly everything wrong. Air was the worlds first b+m flying coaster vekoma opened 3 flyers before it, nemesis was europes first inverted coaster batman was the first inverted coaster. Raptor was the largest when it was open and the montu was and now alpenguist is the worlds larges inverted coaster. And you picked crap coasters for intamins examples of good coasters like Stealth and kingda ka and Top Thrill Dragster are practically the same. All those 3 do is launch and top hat. Good examples of intamin are Expedition Ge Force, Superman Ride of Steel, Goliath, Storm Runner.

A

Anonymous

B&M and Intamin are really close together for me, but Intamin has incredible woodies, as well as some of the best steel coasters in the world (as well as B&M), so it's Intamin for me.