Sonic - 2D or 3D?

• 2D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
So, I'm sure most of us have played Sonic, right? But which of the Blue Dude With 'Tude's games do you prefer? Are you, like me, still a sucker for his 2D outings like the Sega Megadrive games, or do you fancy the modern, 3D games?

RCF

Strata Poster
I actually like the 2-D games better. There's that retro thing about it, and it gives me memories of back when I had the Sega Genesis.

So 2-D ftw

jayjay

Giga Poster
I've only played one recent sonic game (and only because I was bought it for Christmas) and it was crap. It was basically trial and error playing a level because you couldn't react to anything fast enough to dodge it as you run.

The old games were properly addictive and awesome. I only know the first one, but if that's the standard for the lot then I'd be tempted to download a couple more (Wii virtual console=win btw).

Error

Strata Poster
2D, and this goes for most any games for me it seems.

2D was simple and original: get to the end of the level with as many rings as you can, and get those emeralds. 3D was...weird. Play as 8 characters of which 5 were new and you've never heard of, complete side quests AND get ranked for it all. And those camera angles, ugh.

2D without a single doubt.

A

Anonymous

2d easily, Sonic 1 and 2 are among the best platform games ever...

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
jayjay said:
It was basically trial and error playing a level because you couldn't react to anything fast enough to dodge it as you run.

That'd be Sonic the Hedgehog for PS3 and 360. Horrible, horrible game.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I've never really liked Sonic. I always feel that you have very little control over the movements, too much is decided or you by the hills etc. Give me Mario any day.

If I had to choose, it would be 2d, because the retroness is quite cool.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Enigma Shadow said:
jayjay said:
It was basically trial and error playing a level because you couldn't react to anything fast enough to dodge it as you run.

I was playing Secret Rings for Wii.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^Oh snap, that's even worse! :x Haven't even completed it after 3 years, since I have deemed it poo and not worth it.

And what ever happened to the Special Stages, eh?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Neither, it's complete load erinaceus droppings!

I never understood why people liked the originals, and I can definitely understand why they dislike the 3D versions. So I guess the 2D must have been better, but it was still tosh.

Sonic as a character too is just exceptionally annoying. So it's all pants.

Mike

Giga Poster
Sonic 3D was an alright game, but not as good as Sonic 1, 2, 3 or Sonic & Knuckles.
I've never heard of Sonic 2D. :?

The Deadman

Mega Poster
jayjay said:
Enigma Shadow said:
jayjay said:

I was playing Secret Rings for Wii.

That game freaking sucks!!!! I bought it for like 20 bucks and the controls are crappy at best.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
well i voted for 3d cos i think it does just look better altough are rubbish. if they could combine 3d with the old 2d games it would be amazing!