What's new

Soarin Over the Horizon to come to Epcot and CA Adventure

Edward M

Strata Poster
Soarin Over the Horizon is the new Soarin film to arrive at both US resorts next year. It will fly over the world's most unique natural landscapes and man-made wonders.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: 2 Star Wars Themed Areas for Disney HS and Disneyland

About time. You could see the dating in the films

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Re: Soarin Over the Horizon to come to Epcot and CA Adventur

Yeah, I adored Soarin' last year but the video does need updating. This is good news. Will it feature 3D though?

Edward M

Strata Poster

I rode the HD Soarin this summer at Disneyland, and the video quality improves the ride extremely. I imagine with the new film coming, Epcot will also get this HD upgrade. As for the new film itself, I'm very excited. A trip to CA never made sense at Epcot like it did at Disneyland so a trip around the world should really fit the Land area. However, I'm not sure how well it will fit the Grizzly Peak area. Either way, very excited for the new film.

peep

CF Legend

I'm not a fan of Soarin but I'm intrigued by the new film and laser projection system (I hear they're fab).

It should also be noted that EPCOT is building a third theatre to increase capacity.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

^Good, capacity is awful there, it never had less than a 90 minute queue the whole time I was there last summer.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Glad to hear they will be able to do a picture quality boost - but there is still a soft spot in my heart for how blown away I was by the original film!

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster

Should we move this topic to Other ride construction because it is basically confirmed for both parks.

peep

CF Legend

No. Not really construction (well aside from the additional screen in Orlando), this is fine staying in news.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Fantastic news! I've been watching the deterioration of Soarin over the years and back it 2014 it was in dire need of an update.

Great news on the new theatre at EPCOT, maybe they can do something about the queue...

Martyn B

CF Legend

Just seen on FB that Soarin at EPCOT is to close soon, and will reopen sometime in 2016 as "Soarin over the World".