What's new

Snake in the Grass/Rattlesnake Removed

nadroJ

CF Legend
Ooh interesting! I'm always intrigued with what PWH get, they're just such an oddball park that it's quite hard to make any predictions?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Seems like bollocks PR speak. They've got enough room for new stuff without removing this. It must just be f**ked.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Snake in the Ass.:emoji_snake:

Maybe, just maybe, they've heard about the exciting year that 2018 will bring and want a slice of the delicious looking pie? Although the Looping Group haven't exactly been forthcoming with exciting new additions to their parks.

Gavin is probably right, it's probably old and ****ed. However, if I was a park run on a tight budget and wanted a new ride inside me, I'd have it put where the infrastructure is readily available.

Yeah, I'm probably getting excited about nothing. Shame to see the ride go though etc etc. It was iconic etc etc. But I have the cred, so these are crocodile tears.:emoji_crocodile::emoji_cry:

nadroJ

CF Legend
I wonder if that particular piece of land also has like, preapproved construction rights or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Probably. I'm no expert in, well, anything tbh, but I think there's some law where something can be knocked down and something new rebuilt providing its use is the same (i.e.: a cred) and is of similar appearance.

What else is down that end of the park nowadays? Do the chair lifts still go there? (Do they exist?) there were bumper cars and an astroslde last time I visited.

It has to be a new cred. They've had nothing of note since Sean Alexander and Hob's Pit, which was, what, 2012? 13? Enigma must cost a fortune to maintain. Wipeout isn't exactly a big crowd drawer....although it is now the only Vekoma Boomerang (proper) in the UK....which begs the question, what can they buy from Pleasure Island? :emoji_coffin:

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
The ride was closed for refurbishment last year but the work was unable to happen as the parts needed are no longer manufactured or available.

Seemingly it was missing a vital part which the park couldn't obtain. Without that part, it couldn't operate anymore, hence why it had to close.

Still a pity though, was one of my favourite rides as a child when visiting family friends in the area.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
which begs the question, what can they buy from Pleasure Island? :emoji_coffin:
I recall reading that only a couple of flats were staying in the UK and the rest was sold abroad, which is a shame as the family coaster at Pleasure Island would be welcomed at most UK parks tbh.

Will

Strata Poster
That mine train was nearly as old as I am and vicious as hell; I'd certainly be in no hurry to ride it again.
Pleasurewood Hills is not an exciting park; it's a long time since they've added anything that wasn't another park's cast-offs and to be honest, I don't see that changing any time soon. I also remember Snake in the Grass being especially uninspiring, even for a Tivoli, so no tears shed for it here.

Lofty

CF Legend
It was costing so much money for upkeep. Literally a money pit so I'm hardly surprised.

They also had complaints from the Leisure Club at the back due to noise and can't actually build anything on that site again from what I understand :/

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wonder how much the tarpaulin in the tunnel will go for.

Ethan

Strata Poster
The new train could have looked eggcellent but instead it's just a shell of its former self. A shame really, because I think with the right minds they could have hatched an idea far better than this, but I understand they didn't want to take a whisk like that. Sad :(

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
All the king's horses and all the king's men...

...probably could have come up with a better train design than that. Yes, even the horses.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Knew there was a topic about it somewhere! Have been posting a lot about this in the New rides at Small Parks and Minor News topics!

Glad to see it return though, even with that new zero car