What's new

Smoothest Vekoma ever

Xpress

Strata Poster
Boomerang at KBF is probably the smoothest I've ridden. Doesn't leave me feeling light headed like other vekomas do from the head banging.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Asides from their family coasters which are generally considered smooth, I've only encountered one large 'smooth' Vekoma. That's Vortex at Siam Park, an SLC which was surprisingly glass-smooth.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
The suspended family coaster at Movie Park in Germany is really smooth, not much of a thrill ride at all, clearly, but very very smooth indeed.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Everest of course, is the smoothest one I've been on, being a relatively modern Disney Vekoma, but Carolina Cobra was also great thanks to the vest restraints, and Nighthawk was pretty enjoyable as well. Definitely shuffled a bit in the front, but it wasn't too painful.

CMR1993

Roller Poster
Sidewinder @ Hershey got the new restraints now it feels, relatively smoother now. Now if only they would get ride of the finger smasher. Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

Naemuti

Mega Poster
codyrisko said:
Sidewinder @ Hershey got the new restraints now it feels, relatively smoother now. Now if only they would get ride of the finger smasher. Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

No, I don't know what you mean by the finger smasher. I do love the new Vekoma trains though; they're REALLY nice looking, some of my favorite trains actually.

Snoo

The Legend
codyrisko said:

Are the same as the ones on Carolina Cobra down at Carowinds? If so.. wonderful restraints.. quite comfy. I mean.. the ride still sucks.. but makes it bearable.

CMR1993

Roller Poster
This is what I am talking about right here. Guests always smash their fingers in it. It is a major flaw in the car design to be honest.
2011_0405_Sidewinder_NewTrain.jpg

hmm no img tags?
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/ ... wTrain.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
No image tags allowed until 20 posts love. ;)

And yeah.. same restraints. I could see where it could be a problem but wouldn't say it's a flaw. Paying attention would solve that.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Intricks said:
Canyon Blaster at Adventuredome was surprisingly smooth when I rode it. After riding Desperado, I only cringed at how painful CB was gonna be....but, it was smooth as silk with little to no head banging (surprisingly). Ninja at SFoG was also quite smooth when I rode it as well....

Canyon Blaster is an Arrow. ;)

The smoothest Vekoma I have ridden is Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure - a rather smooth SLC!

CMR1993

Roller Poster
When you work on a ride that has the new Vekoma cars, and you are forced to lift the whole trains restraints 10+ times it is a flaw ;)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Tom G said:
I've heard that Ben 10 is extremely smooth and this may be down to the new train designs or improved track fabrication

I rode it only once (due to que length) when I went to Drayton Manor and I did find it quite smooth (probably because it doesn't go very fast) however, some people say they felt dizzy on it...

It's a lot smoother than Vekoma boomerangs though-wipeout was head-banging madness! :!:

However, I do think that intensity adds a fair bit to a ride...just not too much!

Snoo

The Legend
codyrisko said:
When you work on a ride that has the new Vekoma cars, and you are forced to lift the whole trains restraints 10+ times it is a flaw ;)

You know that happens quite often with numerous types of restraints right?

CMR1993

Roller Poster
Snoo said:
codyrisko said:

You know that happens quite often with numerous types of restraints right?

Noooo I only work on Stormrunner, Fahrenheit and Sidewinder of course I don't know that. I am saying that annoying knob on the train serves no purpose. Ask anyone that works on a Vekoma that has those, they will complain. Not only do guests get hurt in them, employees do too. I smashed my finger in it the first day I was on it, and it bled like crazy.