What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

cookie

Giga Poster
Dynamic Attractions's parent company Dynamic Technologies has filed for corporate restructuring under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) in Canada, citing serious financial issues. The company apparently owes many millions to creditors it isn't able to pay back due to numerous stalled projects over recent years. Given that Disney and Universal are among their major clients, this could impact upcoming projects of theirs.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Kongeparken, the oft-overlooked park in south-west Norway, is adding a Zamperla Disk-O this year:

32e92673-da75-4208-b60e-e1e33fe1ba6c

It will get the name "Raset", which can translate into "The Rockslide". Kongeparken is usually excellent at themeing, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Kongeparken, the oft-overlooked park in south-west Norway, is adding a Zamperla Disk-O this year:

32e92673-da75-4208-b60e-e1e33fe1ba6c

It will get the name "Raset", which can translate into "The Rockslide". Kongeparken is usually excellent at themeing, so I'm looking forward to this one.

I used to visit this park multiple times a year during my childhood. Really loved it! Especially the fantastic bob run and chocolate factory. Really excited to see them invest again. Hopefully a new coaster will be next.

cookie

Giga Poster
Looks like the thought-to-be-cancelled western retheme of MP-Xpress at Movie Park Germany is happening after all, as the coaster will be renamed Iron Claw for the 2023 season. Instead of being themed to the Lucky Luke franchise as originally planned, ”Iron Claw” will be linked thematically to the original branding MPG is developing across the park, first seen with Movie Park Studio Tour in 2021.

A park spokesperson in the same press release stated that the Lucky Luke branding wasn’t cancelled for budgetary reasons, but rather the park is seeking to incorporate original brands and work further with Paramount (owners of Nickelodeon and Star Trek) on future branding instead of seeking out individual brands such as Lucky Luke.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Some slides for Aqualibi?

Good to see Aqualibi is getting the expansion they needed. It's an amazing waterpark (and the cleanest I have ever seen), but the slides were kind of blah.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
That Retrosquad vid is ace 🥰

Never had a problem with Retrosquad, but it’s a shame that the ride line up hasn’t changed as much as was initially suggested. The bouncy ride they had (Mixtape?) was hilarious.

cookie

Giga Poster
Don’t expect Hullámvasút at Budapest Zoo to be brought back any time soon. The planned refurbishment that was meant to have begun all the way back when the coaster closed in 2015 is now officially cancelled, and the coaster will remain where it is due to its protected status. According to the zoo, it’s simply down to a lack of funds, although they still hope to be able to find some way to restore it in the future.

Last edited:

TilenB

Strata Poster
That's a shame. It really feels that they bit more than they could chew with the construction of that biodome on the grounds of the old amusement park. They never had the proper budget to see through their initial vision and Hullamvasut fell victim to being located in what's essentially still a construction zone with no direct access to the rest of the zoo. I don't think the operational status of the coaster would be a problem if it didn't stand in a fairly unattractive location between a highway and a stalled construction zone. Say if there was a public park on one side of it, I'm sure the city would find it interesting to run as a standalone ride.

Rupert

Mega Poster
Hope he recovers…

Maybe it’s recency bias but it does feel like there have been increasing numbers of incidents in the UK over the last few years 😕