What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Matt N

CF Legend
Good on them; Toverland looks like a great park that deserves the success!

I must admit, however, that I never fail to be astounded by how Toverland could afford a massive B&M and lavishly themed new lands with less than 1 million visitors per annum… what’s their secret, I wonder?

Although with that being said, I think the same about a number of smaller parks in mainland Europe… many parks over in Europe seem to punch well above their weight investment-wise, and I’m often surprised to hear how small the guest figures of some parks with really revered, well-themed rides are.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I was at Toverland yesterday and their winter event is wonderful. Every ride is open in sub zero temperatures (including the log flume that had icicles forming in the splash zone). It was fairly busy, waited 30 minutes for Troy on one train but the rides with higher capacities peaked at 10 mins and Fenix was walk on for the last hour. At night the lights were amazing, it was a foggy day so mixed with the lights whole areas were bathed in purples and greens. It was stunning to walk round taking in the atmosphere.
ae704bb9e8f5fa1bb24ee91e15c0cdd0.jpg
7e3f92cac1f398d07866761b2964fcc1.jpg
8f7a44913d872525b07339d0ad7fdf71.jpg
a2350e4385e760000229df6db89969ae.jpg
8aad4e15e29ef071c11c1bf4bcc6b5b5.jpg
f824017c734420788317206e93dc1749.jpg

Sandman

Giga Poster
I was at Toverland yesterday and their winter event is wonderful. Every ride is open in sub zero temperatures (including the log flume that had icicles forming in the splash zone). It was fairly busy, waited 30 minutes for Troy on one train but the rides with higher capacities peaked at 10 mins and Fenix was walk on for the last hour. At night the lights were amazing, it was a foggy day so mixed with the lights whole areas were bathed in purples and greens. It was stunning to walk round taking in the atmosphere.
ae704bb9e8f5fa1bb24ee91e15c0cdd0.jpg
7e3f92cac1f398d07866761b2964fcc1.jpg
8f7a44913d872525b07339d0ad7fdf71.jpg
a2350e4385e760000229df6db89969ae.jpg
8aad4e15e29ef071c11c1bf4bcc6b5b5.jpg
f824017c734420788317206e93dc1749.jpg

Between their Halloween season and this, it's difficult not to pin Toverland as one of the best parks in Europe for events.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
I believe there is more coming over the next 3 seasons
As far as I know they won't be adding any more Titan track as of now. The entire layout will however be refurbished and upgraded to the Iron Wood over the coming 3 years. Maybe in the distant future the entire thing could eventually become Titan track, depending on how the Iron Wood fares.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Not great, hasn't been a good year for this place has it. I'm assuming the wheel is operated by Slingshot Group now too since Merlin aren't anymore?

davidm

Strata Poster
This looks like the tourist flights that depart from Sea World on the Gold Coast - ugh.

EDIT - a pic I took a few years ago while watching the copters take off and land from the park - it appeared to be a concession kinda thing where the 'copter people were on park land but a separate business, at least that is how it looked to me.

33703818228_23beb2429c_b.jpg

Last edited:

TilenB

Strata Poster
This looks like the tourist flights that depart from Sea World on the Gold Coast - ugh.

The helicopter that managed to land somewhat safely had the Sea World logo on it. I would assume the other one is theirs as well, but from the looks of it, appears to be too badly mangled to identify it before any official word from the park.

What an awful way to start the new year.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
I made it to 2:20 before I tapped out due to the obnoxiousness.

To be fair, I'm not sure how great security is at most parks.
Tbf i did have to grit my teeth throughout, The camera's they were dancing in front of & come to think of it all CCTV feeds live to Security where security staff are located

Matt N

CF Legend
I often have many questions when I see this type of video.

One main one, though, is; if you did break into a theme park successfully, surely uploading a video of your exploits, where your voices are heard and your faces are seen numerous times, onto YouTube is not the wisest idea if you don't want to get punished?

I could be completely wrong here, but if you post a video onto YouTube of you breaking into a theme park where your voice and face are shown numerous times, aren't you essentially shouting from the rooftops that you've committed a crime, thus making yourself more likely to get caught?

Even putting that aside, that kind of thing is incredibly risky. They could have been seriously injured or possibly even killed had that gone wrong.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I could be completely wrong here, but if you post a video onto YouTube of you breaking into a theme park where your voice and face are shown numerous times, aren't you essentially shouting from the rooftops that you've committed a crime, thus making yourself more likely to get caught?
Indeed, although you're forgetting that you, Matt N, are much more intelligent than 90% of those with a Youtube account and an Internet connection.

A lot of "breaking into..." and "we spent 24 hours in..." videos are fake, however some are genuine. It seems the desire for clout supersedes common sense in a lot of cases.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
A very evil part of me wanted them to jump into Oblivion... dark thoughts for you time.

For real though, trespassing into parks like this is a serious offense and I hope they're taking action against the perps. A couple of offseason ago, these clickbait Youtubers pulled a shenanigan at the waterpark where I was employed at; they had a clown break in to walk up our slide towers while flying a drone overhead (drone catches crazy clown at abandoned water park). The manager, someone who ran an extremely tight ship and tolerated no crap, was pissed off beyond belief and talked about legal action, but our city council overlords got involved instead and let them off with just a warning. I don't care if the channel has 5M subs, you need to be taking action for offenses like this. Otherwise, they keep happening.