What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Wolverine Wildcat at Michigan's Adventure is the second coaster to receive GCI's Titan track!

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/uuvtg5
s9uo4j0b7w091.jpg

co1ujm0b7w091.jpg

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
That was out of nowhere
Not entirely. Ride op leaked stuff on Discord a few weeks ago and the screenshots spread to a bunch of places, although I couldn’t post here without having to detail context. Very careful when it comes to posting insider info online. Since it seems safer now, I can say that Wolverine Wildcat will be receiving ALOT more of this in 2023.

cookie

Giga Poster
MagicLand (formerly Rainbow MagicLand), home to the Maurer launch coaster Shock, is apparently getting a new coaster within the next few years. No other details are known, other than it's part of an expansion plan that's going to include a water park.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Not entirely. Ride op leaked stuff on Discord a few weeks ago and the screenshots spread to a bunch of places, although I couldn’t post here without having to detail context. Very careful when it comes to posting insider info online. Since it seems safer now, I can say that Wolverine Wildcat will be receiving ALOT more of this in 2023.
Will this include inversions?

Niles

Giga Poster
London is getting a new coaster!!!! An oh.... little SBF coaster. Anyway news about the park came out a little while back see below:
Camden market is getting the new indoor FEC park called Babylon park, it will open summer this year and have some other rides as well, pictures below show our first look at the park. I think this is the closest thing to the London resort we will get 😂
2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Source

Last edited:

Indy

Hyper Poster
Getting repainted after only 5 years? That can't be normal, surely?
It's a little soon, but not necessarily alarming. 7-10 is more typical, but they might just want to keep their star attraction looking great. Or the park might have been given a use-it-or-lose-it budget by Village Roadshow and they are trying to spend it.

cookie

Giga Poster
Heads up to anyone planning to visit the Disneyland Resort within the coming days: One of the cars on Radiator Springs Racers emitted smoke this past Tuesday and now the ride is shut all the way through Memorial Day for safety evaluations. A Disneyland spokesperson didn't sound confident that it would re-open after the weekend either.

Last edited:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Just got off Predator at Darien Lake. The Titan Track on the death turn is a MASSIVE improvement to the ride and assuming Titan track is cost effective compared to RMC’s would be a great improvement to any wooden coaster with one or two notorious rough spots in an otherwise good coaster. The second half of predator also seems to be running faster than it used too I imagine from losing less energy death turn now that it’s steel. Would be curious what a larger Titan Track conversation or even a ground up Titan Track (not that I think that'd happen) would look like.

I also know @Hyde was at MA today and rode a mediocre coaster with shiny new track.

Last edited:

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Walibi Belgiums waterpark is about to expand in 2023. That is what the park announced themselves on their website. The park states that it will be closed from January 9th till February 26th for some spectacular plans.

In 2017, Aqualibi was also mentioned in the 100.000.000 EUR investmentplan. Some concept-arts from back then:

A78FB680-6FDB-47E3-830D-9790231D3821.jpeg

10177C5B-D67A-4C16-A226-6927BD13654C.jpeg

E41E204E-EB9D-46BB-9F1E-750FAD64D038.jpeg