What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^
Any new creds?

I confess I'm hoping not...

EDIT: M&Ds has a new Big Apple. ****'s sake.
No details yet. I'd imagine the vast majority of current rides are owned by the old leaseholder, so we could be looking at a completely new line up. Will keep an eye on their fb for details and may pop over for any notable changes.

emoo

Hyper Poster
I would like to ride a roller coaster in Scotland one day but I'll wait for more as time goes by.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Alton Tower's have announced 2022 events! The usual's we've had in previous years such as Mardi Gras, Oktoberfest, Scarefest & Fireworks however a new event called 'Festival of Thrills' will run 4th April to 6th May.

The description goes; 'Celebrate the Resort’s awesome rollercoasters as they reawaken this spring at the Resort’s Festival of Thrills! With serious speeds and heart-pumping loops, twists and turns, guests can join the chosen ones on Wicker Man, brave Oblivion’s iconic vertical drop and enjoy G-forces greater than a space shuttle on the legendary Nemesis. To heighten the excitement, each of the Resort’s big 7 rollercoasters will have its own live music playing out at this adrenalin-inducing event!'

What this actually mean's is anyone's guess...

Will

Strata Poster
^
God only knows, but they've piqued my interest with that, so doing something right. I prefer 'celebration of hardware' to random made-up event with slightly random seeming theming, so needless to say I'll check this out at some point :)

(You just know the live music will be awful and I'll be praying for the real music back though :D )

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
No details yet. I'd imagine the vast majority of current rides are owned by the old leaseholder, so we could be looking at a completely new line up. Will keep an eye on their fb for details and may pop over for any notable changes.

Looks like we are looking at a full line up change for tir prince.

cookie

Giga Poster
Bellewaerde intends to remove Keverbaan (the Zerier Tivoli that’s been at the park since 1981) by the end of 2022 in favor of a new ride that may come in 2023. This was expressed by park officials during a meeting with local residents, but there’s no word on what type of ride would be the coaster’s replacement.

Source:

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Some ongoing news...

Ride to Happiness at Plopsaland stalled earlier today at the high point of the ride, with 7 riders on board.

At time of writing, the train and riders are still in situ; nearing on 4 hours since the incident happened:

Looks to be a complicated procedure, no doubt not helped by the current weather conditions (I believe De Panne has similar stormy weather to England at the moment).
Hopefully everyone on board is warm and well and there's no health complications that arise.

Matt N

CF Legend
Balder closed until the end of Summer at the earliest for retracking due to wood rot
Why does wood rot only seem to happen to the pre-fabs, I wonder? If I'm remembering correctly, wasn't Colossos at Heide originally closed down for similar reasons?

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Why does wood rot only seem to happen to the pre-fabs, I wonder? If I'm remembering correctly, wasn't Colossos at Heide originally closed down for similar reasons?
It doesn't just happen to pre-fabs, other woodies are just easier to rip it all out and retrack it traditionally rather than ordering then awaiting track from Intamin

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Balder closed until the end of Summer at the earliest for retracking due to wood rot
Having just booked a trip to Sweden for my first visit to Liseberg, this is disappointing news :( With TTD being closed all season and me planning to go to Cedar Point later in the year, that's two big spites guaranteed already.