What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Thats in Brazil now.

Ita Parks one is travelling so it won't show up on the RCDB. Its set up at a shopping centre along the coast somewhere at the moment. I have pictures but am on my phone.

The other 2 missing are Bobbejanland and Six Flags Astroworld both of which haven't been seen as far as I know in 15 odd years.

Most likely explanation? It's a Pinfari looper and they are somewhat over egging it on the picture front probably.

Don't even say that! haha

I am forever impressed by your obscure knowledge! I wish rcdb would say if rides are known to have joined the travelling circuit but I guess that's out of their remit/interest. Hopefully we'll get some further info some time and it won't be that it's a pinfari!

EDIT: I guess the other thing is that as they're offering it for the winter, could it be one of the currently operating looping stars that has yet to be moved. That seems plausible.

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Heard a rumour it is the African one but obviously pinch of salt is required. I guess we wait and see if any of the operating ones disappear later in the year or for more info. I've shared the news around a bit in the hope someone who knows something might pick it up in the meantime.

davidm

Strata Poster
This has got to be a joke...

...and it's gone.

Sanity prevails,

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
No topic for this park quite yet but I recently send in a new coaster to the DB called Dhama Boundary (or Boundless Dhama) https://rcdb.com/18293.htm

After finding a nice little construction video
Journeytothewest2.jpg

Some further investigation revealed it will be a new model from Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment which looks hillarious/interesting/horrific.
Journeytothewest.jpg
Park Concept Art

Journey12.jpg
Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment promo image for the model.

Theres some Smiler influence here... if you'd only seen The Smiler on a TV 50m away while drunk.
Nice to see Asia is getting its own Gouldrix :oops:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
How strange that more than a decade after the last Western manufacturer stops building coasters with wheels on the inside of the track, Chinese manufacturers start to copy that idea, with more or less the same horrible results.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
How strange that more than a decade after the last Western manufacturer stops building coasters with wheels on the inside of the track, Chinese manufacturers start to copy that idea, with more or less the same horrible results.
I mean Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment have used this track system since at least 1995. Not sure you could say they've started to copy that idea.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
It's a bit of a stretch to class this as "news" per se, but I do love what Walibi Holland have been doing on social media during lockdown. From giant Duck Races along the Rapids ride course:

To sending water dummies round on Untamed without the caps on to see whether the front seats or the back seats lose the most water:

That Bravenboer fella (great guy, met him I have) is clearly having far too much fun at the moment, seemingly having the park to himself to make ridiculous videos like these. ?

This is why I ❤ Walibi Holland!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's a bit of a stretch to class this as "news" per se, but I do love what Walibi Holland have been doing on social media during lockdown. From giant Duck Races along the Rapids ride course:

To sending water dummies round on Untamed without the caps on to see whether the front seats or the back seats lose the most water:

That Bravenboer fella (great guy, met him I have) is clearly having far too much fun at the moment, seemingly having the park to himself to make ridiculous videos like these. ?

This is why I ❤ Walibi Holland!
This must be a RMC thing because we've watched Steel Vengeance do the same prior to opening before. It's definitely an efficient way to empty the dummies - it only took one lap to empty them!

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Picsolve has entered administration apparently:

Wouldn't be surprised if they are purchased and survive though. Even if parks take a large cut, there must be huge profit to be had with ride photos...
Really good example of the impact the closures is having on subsequent businesses & suppliers and why this cannot go on for ages. It just adds to the frustration I'm having with politicians and the media who I think are exaggerating matters rather than offering some perspective when required.

These are real people potentially losing their jobs.
But I agree this is probably quite a lucrative business that should be picked up by long term investors you would have thought.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
In some interesting news It appears Taiyuan Zoo in China may be building a Golden Horse Wing Coaster as part of their new expansion.

The layout of the new ride can be seen on this park map (bottom right) which can be compared to the GH wing coaster concept released last year.

The park is currently under construction although an opening date with the recent construction delays is unknown.

96580930_2308679839437401_1596682567921172480_o.jpgGHWING.pngGHWINGZOO.jpg

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
In some interesting news It appears Taiyuan Zoo in China may be building a Golden Horse Wing Coaster as part of their new expansion.

The layout of the new ride can be seen on this park map (bottom right) which can be compared to the GH wing coaster concept released last year.

The park is currently under construction although an opening date with the recent construction delays is unknown.

View attachment 8280View attachment 8278View attachment 8279
Look forward to seeing a POV of that...

Twist3d_steel

Roller Poster
Look forward to seeing a POV of that...

To be honest, if the track work is done well it could be quite good? I mean at 190 feet it should carry some serious speed. And with the layout not being particularly long it could go nice and fast throughout and correct me if I’m wrong but there looks to be 4/5 inversions with some nice, big, low to the ground turns which can be super fun in wing coasters. Plays that first drop does indeed loon like the whip will be insane. But, we will just have to wait and see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Ahh, an infographic with all the important and interesting specs of the ride. Height, number of trains, capacity per train and the size of the ride are all there, but of course below the most important key figure of all: how much electricity the coaster draws. Having included that, there's no need to list neither speed, length, nor number of inversions. I expect you'll have a word with Duane Marden to give similar priority to the stats of coasters listed on RCDB.