What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Long overdue if it is! It's about time they came up with something new to compete with the rest of the market.

As for the kind of coaster, it sounds like a water coaster to me, or at least a coaster that involves water in some way.
I've thought about this as well. The first thing that comes to mind when envisioning a Surf Coaster is the position you'd be riding in. It would be the exact opposite of the way you board and ride a B&M flying coaster - instead of the track being above your head with your body sprawled out in flying position, you'd be riding above the track with your body stretched across a flat platform. While this idea of mine would require long stations for high capacity, it'd also possibly enable these coasters to be more compact than any other. Most B&M coaster trains have a height of 4-10 feet, whereas these would probably only be 4 feet and under; therefore, track clearance requirements would be much lower when compared to other B&M coaster models. I'm very excited to see how this develops over the coming weeks, months and years.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Holy moly. That's quite impressive!

I'm no electrical engineer, but I was always under the impression that it took a SIGNIFICANT amount of power to electrify a large body of water. Like, even your house mains wouldn't cause a problem directly into a swimming pool - although I think it does depend a bit on the type of fault (open end, short, AD-DC, etc). So, either my understanding of this isn't quite right (highly plausible) or they had a pretty major grid-level incident going on. Interesting that the various electrical breakers in the park didn't trip.

Thankfully no-one was hurt, but that's a fascinating story. I wonder if we'll ever hear any more...

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I was there a few weeks ago and they were playing the full Jurassic Park OST on their (not at all licensed) dinosaur themed area. They were also playing Rocky OST as well as some modern rock music. I guess they thought copyright didn't apply to them!
If the music is commercially available and the park pays PRS they can play what they want.