What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Cheaper to leave 'em there than scrap 'em?

Would make a good auction. :p

davidm

Strata Poster

Matt N

CF Legend
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in an interesting move, it seems that Nina's Science Lab has been removed from CBeebies Land in Alton Towers in order to build a new sensory area:
I wonder why they removed this attraction in particular, as I thought they already had a sensory area on Towers Street? Should certainly be a nice move for those guests who need a calm space, though!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
@Thekingin64 that is a bit odd since both the Pleasure Island and Knotts Boomerangs are already under construction in Indonesia. Even confirmed from Transmart park management those are the 2 they got. Could Amusement Rides have picked up a third and are just using those stock images for illustration?
There are 2 boomerangs going up in Indonesia and they should be these

Trans Studio Bali - Pleasure Islands Old One
Transboom1.jpg

Trans Studio Cibubur - Knotts Boomerang.
TransBoom2.JPG
As an aside Amusement Rides did post this video a while back and at 2:50 you can see a previously faded red section of Arrow/Vekoma track getting a fresh coat of Red paint. Im not aware off the top of my head of a missing red arrow/vekoma ride but it could be this perhaps?

On another topic i mentioned earlier. The Moonsault scramble car at Fuji Q is there for a nice little exhibition of all Fuji Q's old coasters. And is there with cars from rides like Giant Coaster and Zola 7
Moon3.jpg Moon2.jpg Moon1.jpg

TilenB

Strata Poster
Could Amusement Rides have picked up a third and are just using those stock images for illustration?
Which one would that be? The only one that I know of that isn't currently operating or getting relocated is the one from SFNO and I doubt that that one is still in salvageable condition. Has another one closed down that we don't know of yet?

Another bit of lesser news for most, but it seems that Slovenia is getting a travelling coaster once again in 2019. Makes me pretty excited, even if it's only a small powered coaster.
http://instagr.am/p/BvSJ-mTAxom/

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
2 of those SBL racers are already under construction. They are going to Shaoxing Neverland Phase 2 and Fuhua Amusement Park in Weifang. (in fact it says exactly that in the AA article those pics are from)

Matt N

CF Legend
I was just looking on Interlink's website in their used rides section, and as well as the 10 inversion coaster posted about in the Flamingo Land coaster thread, I also found some other very interesting coasters on there, including:
Very interesting; does anyone know which parks these might potentially be from? I think I know where the BMRX Coaster and possibly the Screamin' Squirrel are from, but I've got no idea for the other two!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I was just looking on Interlink's website in their used rides section, and as well as the 10 inversion coaster posted about in the Flamingo Land coaster thread, I also found some other very interesting coasters on there, including:
Very interesting; does anyone know which parks these might potentially be from? I think I know where the BMRX Coaster and possibly the Screamin' Squirrel are from, but I've got no idea for the other two!
You're right about the two you thought. I think the Bobsleigh could be Avalanche at Kings Dominion, as it is situated right next to Volcano and would open up the plot of land even more if it was removed.