What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Pear

Strata Poster
The Bakken one was a lot of fun! It's surprising to ride a coaster without any form of restraint whatsoever.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Leaving only three in operation...
Kinda a shame as it's an ingenious layout but I guess they're not very thrilling compared with modern designs.
Yeah, but there are a handful traveling in the US at major fairs. With Deggeller moving one... and Reithoffer moving 2! Fiesta Shows had one.... but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been used since it had an Uh-Oh in the late 90's / early 00's

This one was one of the first coasters I ever rode <3 https://rcdb.com/387.htm

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Yeah, but there are a handful traveling in the US at major fairs. With Deggeller moving one... and Reithoffer moving 2! Fiesta Shows had one.... but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been used since it had an Uh-Oh in the late 90's / early 00's

Ohhhh I didn't consider that. I guess it's a compact design so ideal for transporting. I wish we had those over here

TilenB

Strata Poster

There's also one travelling in Germany. Though I'm never sure what is the difference between Flitzers and 4 Man Bobs...
907.jpg

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Rumor has it that El Diablo is really LaRonde's new for 2019 Chaos ride. I expect a new super loop to replace the old one.
Rumor also has it that King Cobra is packing up and slithering to Mexico to become their King Cobra slide.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Looks like Hocus Pocus Hall at Chessington is getting a revamp - they've "put it up for sale" with the "new owner" announced on 17th October.

Matt N

CF Legend
I was talking about Flitzer at Morey's. :)
Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @ATI; that makes much more sense now! I agree that something like Hydrus or GaleForce would fit well, although a GCI woodie has apparently been scheduled for Morey's Piers for some time.

Matt N

CF Legend
^I'm waiting for that Juvelen clone at Chessington that will never happen. :)
So am I! But for all we know, it might happen! Have faith! Chessie's next major year is 2021, so something good might come then!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Movie Park Germany's popular Halloween event is adding a new IP based attraction which will use the SBNO Ice Age dark ride. Guests will walk through the trough of the former water ride. The rockwork and forest theming in the scenes is being kept/reworked for the new theme of the maze.

Movie Park Press Release:
In addition to two new themed areas and live music acts, a new horror attraction promises to be the ultimate scary experience. "As a Filmpark, we are particularly pleased to have Constantin Film as a new partner and the Wrong Turn license, a milestone in the horror genre for us in Germany's largest film theme park. The classic fits perfectly with the backdrop of the Horrorwood studios and will be an integral part of the event for the next three years," explains Project Manager Manuel Prossotowicz.

As in the first movie of the Wrong Turn series, the guests in the Movie Park become a supposed shortcut to fate. They run in the forests of West Virginia and become the prey of bloodthirsty cannibals. The plot of the film is implemented in the usual love of detail by the Mülheim-based company DEKOWERK & IDEAWERK in 22 different scenes. In addition to the well-known highlights from the first part of the film, there will also be some adaptations and new sequences to seamlessly insert the Wrong Turn storyline into the gigantic setting of the former ICE AGE Adventures at a 10 meter high waterfall and ends at the secluded hut of the fearsome forest dwellers.

The new indoor horror attraction offers two special features. For one thing, the atypical route guidance is something new. "It's not like in our horror labyrinths around treacherous corners, which tell not what bad fate lies ahead, but through the original channel of the former attraction," reveals CEO Thorsten Backhaus.Over the road, huge rocks pile up behind dangers lurk everywhere in the trees, for the cannibalistic forest dwellers are waiting for their supper, and a nerve-wracking chase through the woods of western Virginia begins.
On the other hand, the daring tourists of the national park receive a very special prop for their tour: A solar-powered safety lamp should point the way through the dark night. "However, surprises are inevitable," reveals Manuel Prossotowicz, where the Filmpark is working together for the first time with the Dutch company Haunted Lantern, which has been using this system since 2016 very successfully in the British amusement park Alton Towers.

In the musical and media content production of the new horror attraction, Movie Park Germany once again draws on the many years of expertise of IMAscore and IMAmedia.
The Halloween Horror Festival at Movie Park Germany was honored last year as the best theme park event 2017. More than 280 monsters are making the streets of the park unsafe on 17 days of action from 6 October to 4 November. A total of eight horror labyrinths and four scare zones make even the most courageous guests freeze the blood in their veins.

I had hoped they'd refurbish the ride system and reopen it with a new theme as a 'new' dark ride, feels like a bit of a waste. Nevertheless though it seems interesting and should certainly be a very unique Halloween maze.

EDIT:
The park have also released a trailer for their Halloween Horror Fest which features an odd clown murdering park employees...

Last edited: