What's new

Sleep Paralysis

Efan

Mega Poster
Ok, ok, boring topic I know, but recently I've been thinking about it a lot. Have any of you ever experienced sleep paralysis? It's only happened to me once, a few years ago. I woke up to what sounded like loud bangs and gunfire, and I was trapped under one of those wooden military cover boards (idk if I just made those up). I was awake for what felt like ages with a helicopter firing at me for some reason. It was just really weird. Has anything like this happened to you?

Will

Strata Poster
A handful of times - it's usually when I become aware of the fact that I'm dreaming and try to wake myself up. I'll half manage but not be able to move, which is usually just as unpleasant as the dream I'm trying to escape.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Happened to me once when I was about 10 or 11. Just couldn't move my legs; like they felt really heavy and like they were tied down. Felt like it lasted a good couple of hours, but probably wasn't that long.

One the scariest things that I've ever experienced really. Yet when I woke up, I felt really calm about it. There was no sense of relief that you'd expect of 'oh, it was a dream'. I was just 'well that happened' and just shrugged it off.

Really hope it doesn't happen again. Time has probably made me fear it a bit more, but the whole idea of it just terrifies me.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Urgh, sleep paralysis is the worst. I still suffer from it at least once a year for no reason and messes me up for the rest of the day. A lot of people don't seem to be bothered by it once they're able to move, but I might as well stay in bed cause my day is already over when it happens.

mo237

Roller Poster
I get it once or twice a year, it's horrible. I'm totally aware when it's happening that I'm technically still asleep and should continue sleeping, but I just can't until I've moved a couple inches.