What's new

SLC New Trains: Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy @ WBMW

Gazza

Giga Poster
So, Lethal Weapon at WB Movie World is getting a re-theme based upon Arkham Asylum, due to open in April.

But most interestingly, it is getting new trains with Onboard Audio and a harness that is a variant of the soft vest type restraint. Essentially a lap bar holds you in, and the top bit is just two seatbelt straps!
Not sure wether this is awesome, or the most worrying thing ever...Hopefully if the new trains track smoother it will be great.

Also, note that each seat will have an electric chair skullcap above it. <3.

425177_10150620851982182_106147617181_9454688_1889427356_n.jpg

424509_10150593961336616_6404771615_9134139_103653427_n.jpg

This Easter, Warner Bros. Movie World will unleash a terrifying new ride experience straight from your darkest nightmares. Get ready for a high voltage thrill on the world’s first Arkham Asylum themed ride ‘Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy’.

After 17 years of thrills and spills, the Lethal Weapon coaster will soon be re-launching as Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy. This crazy new experience will have adrenaline junkies harnessed into the Ivy League of Insanity for the shock of their life. Strap into a brand new train featuring electrifying on board audio and rocket through Arkham Asylum at speeds of up to 85km. Race along in the terrifying new trains and experience awesome upper body freedom like never before. Pull 4.2Gs as you face five stomach-churning inversions on this not to be missed coaster.

Only the bravest of patients can enter the Asylum to face one of the most demented criminal minds on the planet, The Joker, as he attempts to infect all of Gotham City with dangerous monsters. With The Joker on the loose, riders will need to beware as the likes of Harley Quinn and Killer Croc could lurk around any corner.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Looks cool but it's still an SLC. :p
I've always found that a bit of a harsh assesement.
If SLCs were smooth they would be really good coasters. Nothing wrong with the layout or forces or pacing really.

Ben

CF Legend
I hope it means the game cause the Batman at Madrid is themed to Arkham Asylum already...

Gazza

Giga Poster
I think it is, cos the logo on the trains is the one from the game.

Also GCG:EFAA would be the worlds first Arkham themed ride, but I use the term 'themed' loosely.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
TP Rich said:
Time to Google Arkham Asylum...

:|

Hmmm, I assume this uses the same restraint as the newer Vekoma Sit-Downs? If so not sure if serious or want tbh... They weren't MUCH better than the old ones...

Oh well, if they can at least give it a fab theme, it might become the best SLC in the world ;)

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
I rode this back in December 2002, and don't remember much. I don't remember it being as brutal as some other SLCs that I rode later on, though.

They don't particularly look very "Vekoma-esque" though, compared to the other new trains that they've been recently been adding to their SLCs. Does anyone know if they are?

Lofty

CF Legend
I like how all these SLC's are getting these new trains, also, gotta admit, the restraint system looks REALLY odd, seat belts for OTSR's? Reminds me of a KMG Tango...

Gazza

Giga Poster
I rode this today.
It was actually pretty decent!

The wheel assemblies are still the same, its only the hangers and seats that are new.
So in short, the train still tracks like a typical SLC so your body gets jostled a bit still, but now, there is no headbanging at all, nor even neck cutting. Another nice touch is magnetic brakes at the end now.
So, you can actually enjoy what the SLC is like without distraction...The helix is pretty forceful.

The harness is hydraulic like most new coasters, and had a tendency to tighten during the ride.
The shoulder straps sit very comfortably, not tight at all. The way they worked is that the tensioner/"bit where the seatbelt rolls into" is mounted on the lap bar and just extends to suit, and locks in place when the harness dispatches.

The onboard audio isn't working yet. The speakers are installed in a few rows so far, inside the skull caps.

The queue had stuff from the game, like batarangs thrown at the walls, little chattering riddler teeth hidden in random spots etc.
0407-1_Arkham_Asylum_IMG_2782.JPG

As you enter the queue there is the patient admissions desk, and there is the body of a guard with a TV smashed over his head, and the tv is playing a news story about how the inmates have taken over the asylum.
0409-88_Arkham_Asylum_DSCF8746.JPG

You progress through, and there are various cell doors themed to the inmates (Eg the Mr Freeze cell has icicles, poison Ivy has vines)

A fenced off bit has tank of titan toxin.
0409-88_Arkham_Asylum_DSCF8745.JPG

And then you load in at the intensive treatment area, and the ride annoucements are done by Harley Quinn and the Joker, quite sarcastically.
0407-1_Arkham_Asylum_IMG_2812.JPG

Ben

CF Legend
Omg, I love the idea of the queue.

Pictures aren't working but it sounds right up my street <3

Mark

Strata Poster
What is going on with the world. I find myself actually wanting to check out an SLC!!!! I am very interested to see what these new trains and restraints are like. Plus, as Ben has said, Batman, Arkham Asylum, YAAAAAAAY. Want!

Ben

CF Legend
Fap fap fap fap.

Between this and Scooby Doo I need to get to this park <3

I love it. Love, love, love!

Jizzzzzzz.

Lofty

CF Legend
That TV headed guard. It's looking fantastic. Loads of little details everywhere.

Also, those two guys with the girl, totes would.