What's new

Skyline Park | Sky Dragster | Maurer Söhne Motorbike

Casio

Mega Poster
ATI said:
nadroJ said:
^I don't think it is. If a powered bobsled isn't a cred (like the thing at Toverland) then this certainly isn't.

How the hell is it not a cred? If a Mack powered coaster is a coaster, then this certainly is...

This ride is entirely 'powered', the cars only move when the gears turn, and they are driven by electricity; there's no gravity powering it. Mack powered coasters are driven by electricity too, but they have the ability to roll freely without power. A lot of people make the distinction between coasters/tracked rides by whether they ever move by gravity. Something like Squirrel Nutty at Alton Towers wouldn't count as that is entirely powered, whilst AT's Runaway Mine Train coasts through much of its layout, only being powered when it needs to be (the powered sections basically acting as lift hills).

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Haha, it's so bad. There's literally no point to this. Let us know how awful it is when you ride it ATI.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I was actually almost excited for it when I saw the acceleration down the straight.

Then they got to the corner and it slowed down so much... then it looked pants...

I want to like it for some reason, but I'm just struggling to find any reason to.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
I literally do not see the point in these. They are ugly as sin boring seem to lack any force whatsoever and trim the speed whenever things look like getting remotely exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
My issue with this is that it's being advertised as a roller coaster, it most definitely is not. If this was marketed as a new form of alpine coaster, or powered bobsled I'd probably like it for what it is.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^Agreed. I've been wondering what the hell it is ever since it was announced, but it's never really seemed like a bona fide rollercoaster despite all park press to the contrary.

It also comes across as a little dated. If this was being brought out 10-15 years ago it would be pretty cool. But for a new ride type in a market so full of variety, it has to be either super reliable, spectacular to look at, marketed brilliantly, or a combinatuin of all three. This doesn't manage any of that. It seems like a lot of effort for not a lot of end product.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Tomatron said:
^Agreed. I've been wondering what the hell it is ever since it was announced, but it's never really seemed like a bona fide rollercoaster despite all park press to the contrary.

It also comes across as a little dated. If this was being brought out 10-15 years ago it would be pretty cool. But for a new ride type in a market so full of variety, it has to be either super reliable, spectacular to look at, marketed brilliantly, or a combinatuin of all three. This doesn't manage any of that. It seems like a lot of effort for not a lot of end product.

Yeah to be honest it kind of reminds me of a cycle monorail but obviously a powered version! I think the tech would actually be better implemented in a dark ride. The ability to control the pace you go through certain scenes is certainly intriguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
airtime_uk_ash said:
I literally do not see the point in these. They are ugly as sin boring seem to lack any force whatsoever and trim the speed whenever things look like getting remotely exciting!

They look neat from afar and in photos, drawing visitors to them. Without much prior experience to judge with, they seem like something you want to try out, hence boosting visitor numbers. They also look cheap as sin to put up. Look how (comparably) few supports there are, and try to imagine how many meters of track you could pack on a large truck if you planned it out properly. The coaster seems to be optimized for a minimum of installation costs, with every support being completely vertical, the track being a narrow monorail, and small cars exerting much less force compared to a traditional coaster.

True, their capacity is likely to be pretty crap, but for smaller parks with less crowds, this seems like an interesting ride with an affordable price tag.

CoasterEv

Roller Poster
I personally think the only thing at all pleasing to the eyes with this are the trains. They remind me of some futuristic terminator bikes or something :p ..... But the track looks like some sort of warped steeplechase from RCT. lol. Just awful!

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Four of these have been sold to European parks. Not sure if this one is included in the four.